Turbo S worth $56k more? - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Turbo S worth $56k more?

 
Old 02-14-2019, 07:44 AM
  #31  
928 GT R
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
928 GT R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,238
Default

This is a no-brainer... Go for the TTS!

I recently traded a C4 GTS for a TT and the TT simply eats the GTS alive. The GTS had its good traits, but its 408 HP and lighter weight made no difference...

Plus the Turbo is quieter and more versatile.
928 GT R is online now  
Old 02-14-2019, 10:43 AM
  #32  
rodsky
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
rodsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Los Angeles
Posts: 2,148
Default

Originally Posted by 928 GT R View Post
This is a no-brainer... Go for the TTS!

I recently traded a C4 GTS for a TT and the TT simply eats the GTS alive. The GTS had its good traits, but its 408 HP and lighter weight made no difference...

Plus the Turbo is quieter and more versatile.
928 - What is exclusive production?
rodsky is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 10:51 AM
  #33  
Bob Z.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Bob Z.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marineland FL
Posts: 2,170
Default

Originally Posted by 928 GT R View Post
This is a no-brainer... Go for the TTS!

I recently traded a C4 GTS for a TT and the TT simply eats the GTS alive. The GTS had its good traits, but its 408 HP and lighter weight made no difference...

Plus the Turbo is quieter and more versatile.
Too bad one cannot get the TTS with a manual, and a Targa top, and a...
Bob Z. is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 12:24 PM
  #34  
Lucid Moment
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Lucid Moment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 368
Default

Originally Posted by Psorcery View Post
911mhawk has a bunch of valid points.

I personally feel as if 136k is too much for a 2015. Whatever floats your boat though. Money comes, money goes. Do what makes you happy.

FWIW my .2 GTS with a ECU flash and exhaust is faster than a TTS in a drag race and I'm sure it would be quicker around a track given the weight and OEM suspension goodies.

good luck to you.
I had no idea a tuned 991.2 GTS could outrun a 991.1 TTS, that is impressive.
Lucid Moment is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 05:35 PM
  #35  
Big Swole
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Big Swole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Metro Atlanta, GA area
Posts: 2,145
Default

Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
yet you haven't tuned your TTS ya vag!
You've not being paying attention kind Sir!! I certainly have
Smoking deal on a used Cobb AP. Only doing the OTS Stg. 2 - 93oct. tune for the moment, but lookin for a custom tune sometime soon.

Gotta stop there though... I don't have it like most of you "Ballers" in here do! LOL
Big Swole is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 05:42 PM
  #36  
Big Swole
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Big Swole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Metro Atlanta, GA area
Posts: 2,145
Default

Originally Posted by Lucid Moment View Post
I had no idea a tuned 991.2 GTS could outrun a 991.1 TTS, that is impressive.
Make that a somewhat heavily modded GTS vs. what I can only assume is a completely Stock 991.1 TTS. Expected? Not really, but given the newer cars, I can see it. Impressive ? Not really against a stock TTS. Add same mods to TTS, and now we're back to how it should be.
Big Swole is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 06:46 AM
  #37  
928 GT R
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
928 GT R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,238
Default

Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
928 - What is exclusive production?
Porsche Exclusive is where unique custom ordered, one-off vehicles and special models are built. These cars utilize Porsches highest level of fit and finish. It is where custom colors for paint and leather are created and applied or crafted into rolling works of art. Bespoke is the new trendy word for highly personalized items or cars.



The Programs name has evolved from Special Wishes/Request to Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur.




Last edited by 928 GT R; 02-15-2019 at 07:14 AM.
928 GT R is online now  
Old 02-15-2019, 01:44 PM
  #38  
FastLaneTurbo
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
FastLaneTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Port Orange, FL
Posts: 936
Talking

Originally Posted by pigcorn View Post
I have a 2015 991 CS4 cab. Looking at trading it in for a 2015 Turbo S Cab. Both have approx 20k miles.

My trade in was offered at 80k and the selling price of the Turbo S is $136k.

Is the Turbo S Cab worth the 56k upgrade?

Thx

(my msrp was $142 and the Turbo S was $204 back in 2015)
ONLY YOU CAN ANSWER THAT QUESTION.
FastLaneTurbo is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 08:41 PM
  #39  
Psorcery
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 914
Default

Originally Posted by Lucid Moment View Post
I had no idea a tuned 991.2 GTS could outrun a 991.1 TTS, that is impressive.
Headers, cat deletes and Cobb stage 1 map.. Dyno's just at or just above .1 TTS.. Weighs a little less... The GTS only has 50whp/wtq left in the stock turbos at this point.. Close to max.

Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
Make that a somewhat heavily modded GTS vs. what I can only assume is a completely Stock 991.1 TTS. Expected? Not really, but given the newer cars, I can see it. Impressive ? Not really against a stock TTS. Add same mods to TTS, and now we're back to how it should be.
I wouldn't call it "heavy modded". 2 exhaust components and a flash.. My GTS is heavily optioned including glass roof and front axle lift.. I weight 220 and my passenger 200.. Both TTS were stock and were driver only.

Definitely agree that a stock TTS with just headers or cat deletes would even things right back up.. If not, be faster.. Let alone a tune... Either way, I love playing with TTS 911's.. They're better sports than the typical Carrera drivers and are almost always willing to give it a run..

Interestingly. The 3.0 and 3.8 TT cars have nearly identical looking exhaust setups.. The IPD plenum off the TTS is a direct bolt on to the 3.0tt.. Fairly similar engines.
Psorcery is offline  
Old 02-15-2019, 11:46 PM
  #40  
Big Swole
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Big Swole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Metro Atlanta, GA area
Posts: 2,145
Default

Originally Posted by Psorcery View Post


I wouldn't call it "heavy modded". 2 exhaust components and a flash.. My GTS is heavily optioned including glass roof and front axle lift.. I weight 220 and my passenger 200.. Both TTS were stock and were driver only.

Definitely agree that a stock TTS with just headers or cat deletes would even things right back up.. If not, be faster.. Let alone a tune... Either way, I love playing with TTS 911's.. They're better sports than the typical Carrera drivers and are almost always willing to give it a run..

Interestingly. The 3.0 and 3.8 TT cars have nearly identical looking exhaust setups.. The IPD plenum off the TTS is a direct bolt on to the 3.0tt.. Fairly similar engines.

Glad to know the 3.0's can be that quick with a few mods!! Impressive.

Yes, us TTS owners love to "Play"


Big Swole is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 12:46 AM
  #41  
Penn4S
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Penn4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pennsylvania.
Posts: 2,354
Default

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Headers, cat deletes and Cobb stage 1 map.. Dyno's just at or just above .1 TTS.. Weighs a little less... The GTS only has 50whp/wtq left in the stock turbos at this point.. Close to max.I wouldn't call it "heavy modded". 2 exhaust components and a flash.. My GTS is heavily optioned including glass roof and front axle lift.. I weight 220 and my passenger 200.. Both TTS were stock and were driver only.

Definitely agree that a stock TTS with just headers or cat deletes would even things right back up.. If not, be faster.. Let alone a tune... Either way, I love playing with TTS 911's.. They're better sports than the typical Carrera drivers and are almost always willing to give it a run..

Interestingly. The 3.0 and 3.8 TT cars have nearly identical looking exhaust setups.. The IPD plenum off the TTS is a direct bolt on to the 3.0tt.. Fairly similar engines.
Have to say I'd have to see it for myself. Before I went Stage 2 tune on my TTS it was already scary fast. Weight advantage goes to the GTS but still would surprise me.
But if you say it happened I'll go with that.
Penn4S is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 09:30 AM
  #42  
rodsky
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
rodsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Los Angeles
Posts: 2,148
Default

Originally Posted by Penn4S View Post
Have to say I'd have to see it for myself. Before I went Stage 2 tune on my TTS it was already scary fast. Weight advantage goes to the GTS but still would surprise me.
But if you say it happened I'll go with that.
+1. Stock 991.1TTS is 560HP and really quick. Less than 3 seconds 0-60. Your mods would have to be adding 100HP (and how much TQ) to get things to even. But maybe they are?
rodsky is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 09:56 AM
  #43  
Big Swole
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Big Swole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Metro Atlanta, GA area
Posts: 2,145
Default

Btw, were these races from a Dig? Or a roll?
Big Swole is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 06:18 PM
  #44  
Psorcery
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 914
Default

Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
+1. Stock 991.1TTS is 560HP and really quick. Less than 3 seconds 0-60. Your mods would have to be adding 100HP (and how much TQ) to get things to even. But maybe they are?
Cobb tune alone unlocks 100hp.. The exhaust unlocks a little more but more importantly spool times are much much quicker. The GTS is rated at 450hp which we all know Porsche understates on all their cars.
Originally Posted by Big Swole View Post
Btw, were these races from a Dig? Or a roll?


Both were from a 50/60 roll. When both cars hit the throttle they pull equally with my car beginning to edge away by 4th gear at approx 100mph. I even made a thread here a couple months back on one of my encounters.. was hoping to find a local TTS friend.


1/4 mile on stage 1 93 octane my car did a 11.08 @128. 60ft was at 1.7 with a hair of spin.

I've gone back to the track with a stage 2 map and wasnt able to do better. Unfortunately we have one of the worst tracks in the country.

for reference.. Heres a couple interesting videos of some local guys running their GT3 and TTS in some races. One is even at the same track that I ran at.




I know this one is not scientific as they're not racing each other but rather just comparing speedometers.. Heres another clip that claims their flash adds 80hp to the gts.. GTS vs Turbo S

Psorcery is offline  
Old 02-16-2019, 07:01 PM
  #45  
EmMHoLLa
User
 
EmMHoLLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 115
Default

Originally Posted by pigcorn
Yeah I use to own a Pana Turbo and it got totaled in a flood last year so bought the 911 and while I love the car I miss the power..i wish the math was better in that the price is not far off the delta when they were new.
I too have a panamera turbo and want a 911 and would like to avoid your dilema. I don't want to feel like I missing the power on my weekend car.
EmMHoLLa is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: