Leather repair? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Leather repair?

Old 09-28-2018, 07:48 PM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Leather repair?

I'm not huge on having a full leather interior car. However. Thatís what comes with the Turbo. As itís all leather, you get little nicks and scratches in it. What does everyone here do about that? Any common small repair remedies?
Old 09-29-2018, 01:26 AM
uzj100
User

Default Leather "repair"

Originally Posted by 99999 View Post
I'm not huge on having a full leather interior car. However. Thatís what comes with the Turbo. As itís all leather, you get little nicks and scratches in it. What does everyone here do about that? Any common small repair remedies?
Leatherique is a great leather treatment that does a nice job of "puffing" up creases etc. If you haven't used it before, give it a try and see if you don't notice some improvement.

It's available from Amazon (you want both the treatment and the cleaner)
Old 09-29-2018, 02:09 AM
jennifer911
User

The Turbo comes stock with a sealed and coated leather. It wonít really soak up the Leatherique treatment, but the Leatherique cleaner will do a good job. If you get any nicks, rubs etc an auto upholstery shop can quickly make them disappear.

If you spring for the optional natural leather, it is uncoated, softer, but much more delicate. This is the type of leather that Leatherique treatment was formulated for.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:42 AM
uzj100
User

Originally Posted by jennifer911 View Post
The Turbo comes stock with a sealed and coated leather. It wonít really soak up the Leatherique treatment, but the Leatherique cleaner will do a good job. If you get any nicks, rubs etc an auto upholstery shop can quickly make them disappear.

If you spring for the optional natural leather, it is uncoated, softer, but much more delicate. This is the type of leather that Leatherique treatment was formulated for.
Never had an issue using it on any leather. However, I leave it on for a day or two in warm weather, then use the cleaner.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:46 AM
neil.schneider
User

I had a scuff and a local shop repaired it. If you call a porsche dealer I am sure they could recommend someone if they don’t have someone in-house.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: