Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Leather repair?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 06:48 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Leather repair?

I'm not huge on having a full leather interior car. However. That’s what comes with the Turbo. As it’s all leather, you get little nicks and scratches in it. What does everyone here do about that? Any common small repair remedies?
Old 09-29-2018, 12:26 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Leather "repair"

Originally Posted by 99999
I'm not huge on having a full leather interior car. However. That’s what comes with the Turbo. As it’s all leather, you get little nicks and scratches in it. What does everyone here do about that? Any common small repair remedies?
Leatherique is a great leather treatment that does a nice job of "puffing" up creases etc. If you haven't used it before, give it a try and see if you don't notice some improvement.

It's available from Amazon (you want both the treatment and the cleaner)
Old 09-29-2018, 01:09 AM
jennifer911
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 58 Posts

The Turbo comes stock with a sealed and coated leather. It won’t really soak up the Leatherique treatment, but the Leatherique cleaner will do a good job. If you get any nicks, rubs etc an auto upholstery shop can quickly make them disappear.

If you spring for the optional natural leather, it is uncoated, softer, but much more delicate. This is the type of leather that Leatherique treatment was formulated for.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:42 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by jennifer911
The Turbo comes stock with a sealed and coated leather. It won’t really soak up the Leatherique treatment, but the Leatherique cleaner will do a good job. If you get any nicks, rubs etc an auto upholstery shop can quickly make them disappear.

If you spring for the optional natural leather, it is uncoated, softer, but much more delicate. This is the type of leather that Leatherique treatment was formulated for.
Never had an issue using it on any leather. However, I leave it on for a day or two in warm weather, then use the cleaner.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:46 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 373 Likes on 238 Posts

I had a scuff and a local shop repaired it. If you call a porsche dealer I am sure they could recommend someone if they don’t have someone in-house.

Quick Reply: Leather repair?