Sponsored by: Road Spy

Gt3 better then a TTS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 11:13 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
thanks for the explanation, i figured as much, my neighbor has an aventador, but its so insanely loud. you should come drive canyons one of these weekends, a few of us got together last week and did, it was a lot of fun .
I will thanks. Keep me posted.
Old 10-22-2018, 01:07 AM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 259 Posts

As a new owner of TTS.1 which has been tuned for 700HP, I have to say I am totally surprised by how much I like this car. I had a 2015 GT3 that was a precision instrument and it looked great! However, I had a smoker...Even though it was not an early engine, it smoked everytime I started the car....not 30% of the time, not 50% of the time but ALL OF THE TIME. Drove me crazy...even my garage took thirty minutes to clear out after start (no wind in seattle). My other beef was the wing was right smack in the middle of the window in my rear view mirror. As far as the smoke, the dealer kept telling me it was normal. I got fed up with it so I decided to trade it in...first talked to Ferrari about 488 before they were shipping and they wanted me to buy a used Ferrari to get on the list. That got me pissed so I went to Lamborghini and they were the nicest guys...making me want to buy a car from them (btw, I bought my TTS from Lamborghini as well). So bye-bye GT3. Now three year later, this TTS is just awesome. In fact, maybe cause its new to me, I don't even really want to drive the Lambo right now. But here is what I find. The tuned TTS really give the best combination of the Huracan, GT3 and a C4S. If I had to go down to one car to do everything I need my cars to do, the TTS would be it. So after a weekend with the car, I am loving it and honestly, I am not missing my GT3.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:50 PM
TooTurbos
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lowpue
As a new owner of TTS.1 which has been tuned for 700HP, I have to say I am totally surprised by how much I like this car. I had a 2015 GT3 that was a precision instrument and it looked great! However, I had a smoker...Even though it was not an early engine, it smoked everytime I started the car....not 30% of the time, not 50% of the time but ALL OF THE TIME. Drove me crazy...even my garage took thirty minutes to clear out after start (no wind in seattle). My other beef was the wing was right smack in the middle of the window in my rear view mirror. As far as the smoke, the dealer kept telling me it was normal. I got fed up with it so I decided to trade it in...first talked to Ferrari about 488 before they were shipping and they wanted me to buy a used Ferrari to get on the list. That got me pissed so I went to Lamborghini and they were the nicest guys...making me want to buy a car from them (btw, I bought my TTS from Lamborghini as well). So bye-bye GT3. Now three year later, this TTS is just awesome. In fact, maybe cause its new to me, I don't even really want to drive the Lambo right now. But here is what I find. The tuned TTS really give the best combination of the Huracan, GT3 and a C4S. If I had to go down to one car to do everything I need my cars to do, the TTS would be it. So after a weekend with the car, I am loving it and honestly, I am not missing my GT3.
Ditto. This is my first Pcar, have had some other real rippers and i can't believe i ever doubted this thing. It was a lingering "meh" in my mind, test drove it and purchased it with all the rave reviews from users on here. With a cobb AP 93 tune on it the thing is just perfection, acquaintance of mine has a 2014 GT3. He wouldn't let me drive it, but after going for a ride in it i was pretty underwhelmed for such a "track focused" car. I feel like the TTS has just gotten so good that if porsche were to toss some suspension goodies on it and treat it a bit more like a race car it would be the crown jewel.....oh wait....

GT2RS....

obviously minus the awd haha. Curious to see what an exhaust and no cats does for the upper rpm, but the thing is a weapon for sure.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 11:11 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Just throw on some Cup2's (265 N2 spec fronts and 325 M0 spec rears) and a DSC V3 box and go hunt down every GT3 or GT3 RS out there! Sharkwerks or other exhaust is optional, but nice.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (11-03-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 01:20 PM
Kinetic1
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyc151
Just throw on some Cup2's (265 N2 spec fronts and 325 M0 spec rears) and a DSC V3 box and go hunt down every GT3 or GT3 RS out there! Sharkwerks or other exhaust is optional, but nice.
Randy

Will those fit on the stock wheels?
Old 11-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinetic1
Randy

Will those fit on the stock wheels?
Absotootly yes.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:58 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by alevine
I have both a 991 GT3 and 991 TTS. They are very, very different cars. Both can be daily driven however the GT3 is much more of an experience, if there such a thing in a Porsche. The TTS is much, much more comfortable, quiet and enjoyable say for a Saturday night with your wife. The GT3 on the track is unreal not that the TTS is not but the GT3 is much more engaging and fun to drive at the limit. It is more confidence inspiring as the PDK is better at track duty. Now, I bet if you put comparable tires on the TTS it would change a lot but all else equal if I had to keep only one car I would likely keep the GT3 although I do love the TTS!
Excellent comparison. Exactly the comments I would make comparing my GT3 to my TTS. GT3 is much noisier and harder riding, but more exciting and engaging for the driver.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:26 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,480 Likes on 951 Posts

Don't forget weight here. We're talking 3528 lbs. vs. 3150 lbs., less with PCCBs on a GT3. That's a big delta, and it shows on a track, and/or you feel the weight. Listen I love the TT/TTS from 991.2, they're awesome...

BUT I will say, a GT3 is fast as stink as well. You look down after a downshift and you're doing 110 mph on the highway. and the GT3 drives small- feels more maneuverable and tossable...perfect driving experience IMO.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:58 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

Size wise they felt the same to me.....the all wheel drive with the extra weight gives the heavier feel, but size is close to identical...

Quick Reply: Gt3 better then a TTS?