Sponsored by: Road Spy

Sold my Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 10:20 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sold my Turbo S

After much internal debate (did not seek input, in the end, I alone must choose) I have sold my 2018 Saffron Yellow Turbo S and purchased a 2016 Boxster Spyder. TTS is a tour de force of technology and horsepower, a fantastic car. I wanted to return to a more straightforward sports car (6-speed manual) with an NA engine that I can "get on" a little before hitting jailable speed. Mostly use my Porsche as a weekend car, not a daily driver, for which the TTS is ideally suited. The pros and cons of both cars are compelling, but in the end, I went with a CPO Spyder with 3500 miles on the clock. The car arrives next week, and I will be performing a complete detail inside and out. Dealer photos below.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:26 PM
boisenelson
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 131 Posts

My philosophy is to drive the car that YOU want to drive (and that you can afford). Many posters will probably ask you "why" and start debating the specs between the two cars, but you made a personal choice to fit your wants and needs and I commend you for that. Congratulations
Old 07-07-2018, 11:05 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by boisenelson
My philosophy is to drive the car that YOU want to drive (and that you can afford). Many posters will probably ask you "why" and start debating the specs between the two cars, but you made a personal choice to fit your wants and needs and I commend you for that. Congratulations
+1 on that. Enjoy your new car Joe. In the end please yourself, not everyone else. Can't wait to see more pics after the detail. Again Congratulations.

Jay
Old 07-08-2018, 06:52 AM
wru
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 149 Posts

How did you fare on the TTS sale/trade? I’ve wondered how that saffron would hold up.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:59 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 752 Likes on 473 Posts

WOW, in the end you have to do what works for you, period. I hope you enjoy your new Porsche more than the tts.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Whatever blows your hair back, my friend. Beautiful spec on the Cayman.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:55 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8884/overview/

Is this it?
Old 07-08-2018, 12:43 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Originally Posted by boisenelson
Very kind words, greatly appreciated.
Originally Posted by DJ23
+1 on that. Enjoy your new car Joe. In the end please yourself, not everyone else. Can't wait to see more pics after the detail. Again Congratulations.

Jay
Thanks, Jay hope to see you soon.
Originally Posted by wru
How did you fare on the TTS sale/trade? I’ve wondered how that saffron would hold up.
Was very pleased with the outcome.
Originally Posted by hcvone
WOW, in the end you have to do what works for you, period. I hope you enjoy your new Porsche more than the tts.
Thank you sir
Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Whatever blows your hair back, my friend. Beautiful spec on the Cayman.
I think the spec is pretty great its a Boxster but I know what you meant and thanks.
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Yes it is.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:17 PM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 76 Posts

I completely understand your decision. I'm fortunate enough to have both a TTS and a 2018 Boxster GTS. While the TTS blows the Boxster (and everything else) away for pure power and performance level, I must confess that I often look forward to driving the Boxster more, because it offers a more visceral, connected sports car feeling, which I'm sure you get from the Spyder. So, congratulations on your decision, and enjoy!
Old 07-08-2018, 03:05 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Originally Posted by AviBen
I completely understand your decision. I'm fortunate enough to have both a TTS and a 2018 Boxster GTS. While the TTS blows the Boxster (and everything else) away for pure power and performance level, I must confess that I often look forward to driving the Boxster more, because it offers a more visceral, connected sports car feeling, which I'm sure you get from the Spyder. So, congratulations on your decision, and enjoy!
You get me, lol. Nice to have both, no room at the inn for two, weekend machines.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:46 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 72offsuit
You get me, lol. Nice to have both, no room at the inn for two, weekend machines.
I used to have this problem, BUT then I switched the weekend and the week around, so now my weekend is everyone else's weekdays, so now I can have more weekend machines, see how easy that was. Oh come on.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:38 AM
72offsuit
Racer

Originally Posted by hcvone
I used to have this problem, BUT then I switched the weekend and the week around, so now my weekend is everyone else's weekdays, so now I can have more weekend machines, see how easy that was. Oh come on.
LOL this reminded me of the "opposite George" episode on Seinfeld, "If every instinct I ever had is wrong, the opposite must be right"
Old 07-09-2018, 12:30 PM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 72offsuit
LOL this reminded me of the "opposite George" episode on Seinfeld, "If every instinct I ever had is wrong, the opposite must be right"
BINGO!!!!!

Quick Reply: Sold my Turbo S