Sponsored by: Road Spy

what is BEST intercooler for my application

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 12:26 PM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is BEST intercooler for my application

for a 991.2 turbo S in which I am NOT planning to upgrade my turbos ever, dont track my car, and plan to do exhaust ipd set and tune only
live in S Fla.
looking at specifically ones where NO modification to the car is needed for fitment
champion
By Design
AMS
and why? Being whichever tune I go with I do not want the IC's to be a limited factor I want my set up, ALL stock sans exhaust WITH 50 CEL cats, IPD plenum and y pipe, and the IC's I choose so im limited by OTHER factors before the After market IC's would come into play 4.5 or 5.1, champions, or AMS

OR are they all about the same and therefore go with which ever one I can get for the least amount of money
sorry to be redundant but trying to get a str8 technical answer without beating the dead horse about who is great to deal with.

Whomever I deal with I will have an understanding and trusted relationship as ive been around long enough and know the people in the game.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
for a 991.2 turbo S in which I am NOT planning to upgrade my turbos ever, dont track my car, and plan to do exhaust ipd set and tune only
live in S Fla.
looking at specifically ones where NO modification to the car is needed for fitment
champion
By Design
AMS
and why? Being whichever tune I go with I do not want the IC's to be a limited factor I want my set up, ALL stock sans exhaust WITH 50 CEL cats, IPD plenum and y pipe, and the IC's I choose so im limited by OTHER factors before the After market IC's would come into play 4.5 or 5.1, champions, or AMS

OR are they all about the same and therefore go with which ever one I can get for the least amount of money
sorry to be redundant but trying to get a str8 technical answer without beating the dead horse about who is great to deal with.

Whomever I deal with I will have an understanding and trusted relationship as ive been around long enough and know the people in the game.
on my 991.2 turbo s. Cab I have installed the following:

Kline inconel exhaust and headers
IPD Y pipe and plenum
intercoolers
air filler
cobb tune

Everything was installed by a porsche gold tech. The tech was very impressed with the quality of all the aforementioned parts.
I have purchased everything from Sam. This is based on the quality of the products including his inter coolers. Just as important, is the customer service that Sam provides, which is simply unmatched. This made my decision very easy. Big investment for me, which needs the right people standing behind their products both at time of sale and after.

BTW this car is an absolute beast that maintains its daily drivability.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:27 PM
porsche42
Racer

Well Champion is in your backyard. At least you have someone local who resolve any issues, if you have any.
I'm taking my TTS Florida soon. I can't seem to find that adding intercoolers add nothing more than lower input temps.
All the charts I've seen include a tune/headers/intercoolers. Is it worth is just to lower input temps. I thought about
changing out all 3 radiators with CSF units.Be interesting to see how your car changes after the new intercoolers.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:29 AM
baracat
Instructor

My mods are
Ipd Plenum
y pipe
kline headers
tubi no cats
bydesign IC big one
Cobb Bydesign tune
inbox air filter
all mods made by Tom and Victor at Championmotorsports
ecu tune and parts from Sam
car is very good runing 10.1 in 93 octanes
if mao change to 100 oct I am pretty sure sub 10
Old 07-02-2018, 08:15 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 752 Likes on 473 Posts

I sent my car to Cali from PA because that way I could get COBB before it was released, now would I send my car 5000 miles again if I had it to do over, IN A SECOND, but you have Champion close to you, that is who I would use for install with parts for Sam, COBB from Sam.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:08 AM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I would either go with the Champion or By Design coolers, can’t beat eithers customer service!
Old 07-04-2018, 01:37 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 305 Likes on 211 Posts

I strongly recommend the 5 inch Garrett Honeywell cores. AMS welds there end tanks on the 5 inch Garret cores.. I am testing a set that I have built right now.

Quick Reply: what is BEST intercooler for my application