Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

looking for performance upgrade options/opinions..

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 11:08 AM
IMI A
Banned

Received 259 Likes on 155 Posts
Thumbs up

So installed the new for 2018 50 cel Europipe Stage 2. Car sounds even louder than the brand new GT2 RS she was parked next to at a recent car show. In fact being a cab I think it sounds even more naughty than the GT2 RS to the driver. GT2 RS owner loved the EP sound track and is ordering one for his own turbo s!!!!! Well done Stef.

New EP2 for gen 1 and gen 2 991 turbo (s) is an absolute masterpiece.

Best exhaust Europipe have ever done for a Porsche turbo noise wise IMO. Sounds savage! Zero drone. Can't recommend it enough and not a cel in sight. Can't say this about any other after market sports exhaust as they all need tune/remap to avoid a check engine light. Not with EP2! Why? Because its better than OEM quality!

Thanks to Spatia for letting me know about it. Many thanks to Stef too for faultless service level and adjusting tips for free.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:11 AM
IMI A
Banned

By the way Stef I know what you said about the ECU compensating and pegging power back to 580bhp but the car is for sure much more powerful now. Torque in sport and sport + mode is almost instantaneous and definitely hits you much earlier in the rev range with EP2. There's definitely more power through the mid range
Old 07-16-2018, 11:31 AM
Jeff Kay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love to read this. Please post sound clips and awaiting to hear back from Stef now as to timeline for my september delivery of my 2019 tts cab
Old 07-16-2018, 11:42 AM
IMI A
Banned

PM me your email and I will send you a vid made straight after installation. Won't let me upload an MP4 for some reason. Doesn't sound as loud in the vid as it is in real life but will give you a good idea. Like I said when you're on it at WOT in sport or sport plus its actually a bit embarrassing its so loud and savage lol. You scare all the neighbours and children. Car can be heard from a few miles away when returning home with EP2 I'm not kidding
Old 07-17-2018, 06:04 PM
pepinozaur
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 45 Posts

How is it in Normal mode and idle, low rppms and throttle? Can be called at least civilised? I am looking for a Quiet exhaust for normal driving and sport/sport+ can be really LOUD, is the case here?
Is it loud as catless 3" xpipe, or loud as straight pipes in sport?

I will pm you my email too if you are kind enought to send me the vid, I am in the market for an exhaust and was looking at their stage1, still dont know how many hp I should give up with the stage1 vs stage2 with a tune and 100octane
Old 07-17-2018, 06:19 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 430 Posts

Phil from Fabspeed here.
There are many different options for exhaust for these amazing vehicles. The cats really help the car breath in the lower to mid range and paired with a tune gives you an amazing amount of power and sound.

Personally, my favorite system is the catted Valvetronic x-pipe. It will give you the ability to be to change from a great sounding around town car to a rowdy raw in your face exhaust with the push of a button. Fabspeed's Valvetronic Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust System replaces the restrictive OEM rear mufflers and catalytic converters for a deeper, throatier exhaust note along with improved power and throttle response. With valves open, unleash a bold roar from your 991 Turbo.

High performance free-flowing X-pipe with sport catalytic converters and tips replaces the heavy and restrictive factory rear mufflers and catalytic converters for improved power and sound; includes 200-cell HJS Sport Cats and Deluxe Quad-Style Tips

Our fully controllable valved exhaust system includes a quad-resonated center x-pipe section which controls exhaust volume while the valves are closed. At the push of a button, the valves are opened and the exhaust is free to rocket straight out from the Sport Cats with an aggressive scream. We utilize the best valves in the business: Helical’s extensive experience in high-volume OEM automotive applications has led to standard features such as an extremely durable pneumatic actuator, precision flat sealing faces inside the valve, stiffening ribs and high-temperature bearings at both ends of the butterfly spindle.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:48 AM
IMI A
Banned

Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
VERY interested in hearing your specific impressions of the Europipe 2 have u had the "regular one prior"
what else have you heard?
what specifically do u notice different and do u have any video clips
ty
Originally Posted by pepinozaur
How is it in Normal mode and idle, low rppms and throttle? Can be called at least civilised? I am looking for a Quiet exhaust for normal driving and sport/sport+ can be really LOUD, is the case here?
Is it loud as catless 3" xpipe, or loud as straight pipes in sport?

I will pm you my email too if you are kind enought to send me the vid, I am in the market for an exhaust and was looking at their stage1, still dont know how many hp I should give up with the stage1 vs stage2 with a tune and 100octane
Go for EP2. In normal mode its much quieter. Only sport and sport plus do the real fireworks begin. Vid sent

Quick Reply: looking for performance upgrade options/opinions..