Sponsored by: Road Spy

991.2 Turbo Spoiler failure/stuck

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 11:19 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,109 Likes on 1,329 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
I went through this for a few months trying to figure it out. Had my Indy do a lot of diagnostics and it was the front frunk spoiler control unit. Not the cheapest thing to fix but way better than a new front spoiler. Unfortunately they do go bad. What will happen is you will get to speed and spoilers will get ready to activate and then you get the warning message and the spoilers will go down. If the front spoiler is the culprit the rear spoiler won’t stay engaged.
I think the new control unit is $1500 or a bit more.

Old Thread.... Mine was fixed / repaired / replaced under my Fidelity Warranty a few years ago.

They just replaced the whole front spoiler assembly.

$5400.00 later.... ( I paid my $250 plus tax deductible ).

Old 08-27-2024, 06:48 AM
iFlat6-FR
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well front spoiler AND central unit (where the compressor is) have been both replaced...and I still have this warning issue !
So I don't really know what to do at this stage as I already spent 2.5K for no results (I raised the issue to my Porsche dealer...still waiting for an answer).
Any recommendation?

Last edited by iFlat6-FR; 08-27-2024 at 06:50 AM.
Old 08-27-2024, 08:35 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by iFlat6-FR
Well front spoiler AND central unit (where the compressor is) have been both replaced...and I still have this warning issue !
So I don't really know what to do at this stage as I already spent 2.5K for no results (I raised the issue to my Porsche dealer...still waiting for an answer).
Any recommendation?

I hear there is a Recalibration that can be done by a PIWIS at the dealer or Indy with one.
Have they tried that yet??
Old 08-27-2024, 02:15 PM
iFlat6-FR
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Swole
I hear there is a Recalibration that can be done by a PIWIS at the dealer or Indy with one.
Have they tried that yet??
Not yet, should it be done using PIWIS? I can ask my Indy indeed. Thanks for the tip !
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 07:36 PM
Rumble-Bee
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Turn key on, no start. Press and hold spoiler button until rear spoiler cycles fully up and then down .. you will be holding about 45 seconds before anything happens. Be patient.

Once fully down (rear) release, that is the reset/relearn function.

note: you will hear the front spoiler bladder cycle before you see the rear start its cycle … keep pressing the entire time until rear returns to down state.

Last edited by Rumble-Bee; 08-27-2024 at 07:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HeyNowSkippy (08-28-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 09:16 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rumble-Bee
Turn key on, no start. Press and hold spoiler button until rear spoiler cycles fully up and then down .. you will be holding about 45 seconds before anything happens. Be patient.

Once fully down (rear) release, that is the reset/relearn function.

note: you will hear the front spoiler bladder cycle before you see the rear start its cycle … keep pressing the entire time until rear returns to down state.

Never seen this. Wished I had to see if it would have reset mine vs. the whole replacement.

Not saying the dealer lied to me but I did have the Warranty and they do like money....So.....

Oh well, at least I know I have a new piece.
Old 08-27-2024, 09:40 PM
Rumble-Bee
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Never seen this. Wished I had to see if it would have reset mine vs. the whole replacement.

Not saying the dealer lied to me but I did have the Warranty and they do like money....So.....

Oh well, at least I know I have a new piece.
IIRC, yours had a sensor or other fault. This just relearns travel distance, endpoints, and recalibrates. Will not fix other faults. Would have been nice to try in your case before, though.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rumble-Bee:
Big Swole (08-27-2024), Coppi52 (08-28-2024)

Quick Reply: 991.2 Turbo Spoiler failure/stuck