Sponsored by: Road Spy

Feedback on buying

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 09:38 PM
BulldogR6
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Feedback on buying

Hi all. Wanted to get some feedback from whoever is willing to give it. I am in the market for 991.2 turbo non S. Although not as popular, I ran through comparisons that would matter to me and decided that the S badge and the extras that come with it is not a necessity or want for me.

From My research , buying a car of this dollar amount (although far from buying a F car) is a different animal from say buying a “normal” car. Is that correct? The negotiations are different, etc.

What’s the possibility of a dealership having allocation left? (I am in California, SoCal to be more specific) not in a huge rush but if a deal presents itself, I am ready.

What realistic deal should I be anticipating? I have read anywhere from 2.5% all the way to 8% off msrp.

Since its a build, is there any difference if I bought out of state? Better to buy out of state?

I am am not opposed to buying a cpo car, as a matter of fact, prefer it. But a couple of things. 1. Can’t find one with specs I would like. 2. The ones I do find, are about identical pricing of a new one.

Is buying a 2018 from a non Porsche dealer smart to do? What kind of discounts do you think are being given, if any at all?

I understand that are no right or or wrong answers to any feedback, but I am new to the process of buying a P car. Have always wanted/dreamed of the turbo and now have the means to get. So why not? Haha. Thanks again.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

currently CPO cars are over priced, IMO, and I'd rather buy new if price is close, get what you want

it's cheaper to buy the car you want the first time, rather than settle and get it the second time

I have found that price depends on the dealer, not the state you are in, and more specifically if they want to move the car you are interested in

right now turbo s is popular and asking prices are trending up

usual discounts on new turbo s are in the 5-8% off MSRP range

hope that helps
Old 05-07-2018, 09:45 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As of this morning, my dealer in CT had this on the showroom floor. Really nice looking color combo (interior/exterior). 991.2 stock is low (five) so doubt they will be very aggressive, but gives you something to look at. Best of luck.

https://fairfield.porschedealer.com/...tallic+1685693
Old 05-08-2018, 01:14 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,691 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by BulldogR6
Have always wanted/dreamed of the turbo and now have the means to get.
This, above, is the key. None of your other questions - while well-formed and cogent - really matter in terms of a go/no-go decision.

You are contemplating throwing-down ~190k large on a car that isn't a 'practical minivan;' It cannot carry the entire family and all the stuff that needs to be dragged along. So, it isn't a car in the sense that most people understand it.

This purchase is about dreams, fulfillment, and emotion. What's another $5k or so on ~190 to realize your dream?

If you've worked hard enough that you can now fulfill your dream then you most-likely phuking deserve your 911 Turbo.

Buy what you want down to every last option that makes sense for you. Don't haggle away your dream for a couple of thou. When you are done and driving your new 911 you will not have any regrets.

My last advice is to do European Delivery. (Click on "'15 991TT" in my signature for my ED thread.)
Old 05-08-2018, 07:30 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by BulldogR6
Hi all. Wanted to get some feedback from whoever is willing to give it. I am in the market for 991.2 turbo non S. Although not as popular, I ran through comparisons that would matter to me and decided that the S badge and the extras that come with it is not a necessity or want for me.

From My research , buying a car of this dollar amount (although far from buying a F car) is a different animal from say buying a “normal” car. Is that correct? The negotiations are different, etc.

What’s the possibility of a dealership having allocation left? (I am in California, SoCal to be more specific) not in a huge rush but if a deal presents itself, I am ready.

What realistic deal should I be anticipating? I have read anywhere from 2.5% all the way to 8% off msrp.

Since its a build, is there any difference if I bought out of state? Better to buy out of state?

I am am not opposed to buying a cpo car, as a matter of fact, prefer it. But a couple of things. 1. Can’t find one with specs I would like. 2. The ones I do find, are about identical pricing of a new one.

Is buying a 2018 from a non Porsche dealer smart to do? What kind of discounts do you think are being given, if any at all?

I understand that are no right or or wrong answers to any feedback, but I am new to the process of buying a P car. Have always wanted/dreamed of the turbo and now have the means to get. So why not? Haha. Thanks again.
I had a GREAT buying experience with the Porsche I own now, and I did it 1500 miles away without ever looking at the car, it's the first used car I have purchased in 44 years, I was 16 then. It was a 2017 tts with CPO extended warranty and 2002 miles on it from a Porsche dealership in Florida, I called up ask for the sales manger, they told me the asking price, I said nothing except I wanted to send some people to look at the car for me, to look for stone chips and so on. So I paid two people to look at the car, both told me it was as good as new, and with the dealership telling me "we will come get the car if you are not pleased in ANYWAY" and this was in writing. Then I told them what I was willing to pay, of course it started off by the dealership saying they could not sell the car that cheap, well in the end they did and delivered the car to PA from Florida as part of the deal. COULD NOT BE ANY HAPPIER, of course this was a 6 month project from when I started looking, but I was not in a hurry and that's when you find these deals.

Quick Reply: Feedback on buying