Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Spoiler Failure Reduce Speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2021 | 05:30 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Big Swole
SO!!! No, it will NOT deploy just by rolling it to Sport Plus on the dial.

YES, it will deploy manually using the button but NOT just using the Sport Plus mode on the dial.

Thoughts??
No answer, but you have greatly narrowed the problem down. Manual deployment works, so you eliminated a LOT of $$$ items.

You tied the **** control to speed control as both failed.

Will definitely save you time $$ with a Porsche Tech. Hopefully, someone here has encountered the same issue and will respond.
Old 04-18-2021 | 07:06 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
No answer, but you have greatly narrowed the problem down. Manual deployment works, so you eliminated a LOT of $$$ items.

You tied the **** control to speed control as both failed.

Will definitely save you time $$ with a Porsche Tech. Hopefully, someone here has encountered the same issue and will respond.
Does your Cruise Control still work ? Possibly could cross sensors.
Old 04-19-2021 | 12:30 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Does your Cruise Control still work ? Possibly could cross sensors.

Just got home from being out in it but did not try my Cruise control. Dang.

I guess I'll have to have the dealer look at it and pray they don't try to Snow me on it, telling me things need replaced.
Hoping they're honest and just reset things or check whatever connections there are.
Old 04-19-2021 | 09:45 AM
CodyzWorld
Burning Brakes

please let us know what you find, and good luck.

hope this nagging problem gets fixed. this is a great design, but with these gremlins, i'm afraid of using it.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021 | 12:21 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CodyzWorld
please let us know what you find, and good luck.

hope this nagging problem gets fixed. this is a great design, but with these gremlins, i'm afraid of using it.
Thank you!
You're correct, it's a great system but with many things that can go wrong.
Unfortunately they deploy regardless if we want them too.
Old 07-06-2021 | 09:02 PM
yonswizzle
3rd Gear

I'm late to the party. My car is doing the same thing. Did you resolve your issue? If so, How?
Old 07-07-2021 | 06:40 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yonswizzle
I'm late to the party. My car is doing the same thing. Did you resolve your issue? If so, How?

Mine...Not yet... Too much going on lately to get an appointment for the dealer.
Hoping to make one in the next week or two.
Old 07-14-2021 | 01:49 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Just dropped the TTS off at the dealer to investigate the "Spoiler Failure" that many are having and wondering about.
I'll report back once they decide what the "Fix" is. I'm betting they want to replace that "brain" like many have had, since everything works perfectly up to 77 mph regardless of miles driven (after code cleared).
78 mph is the key for the failure to pop. Has to be electrical.
Old 07-15-2021 | 12:16 PM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Just dropped the TTS off at the dealer to investigate the "Spoiler Failure" that many are having and wondering about.
I'll report back once they decide what the "Fix" is. I'm betting they want to replace that "brain" like many have had, since everything works perfectly up to 77 mph regardless of miles driven (after code cleared).
78 mph is the key for the failure to pop. Has to be electrical.

I'm having the same issue...with almost identical behavior as yours. I'm not sure what speed my spoiler failure comes on but it is not as seemingly predictable as yours (ie 78mph).

Sometimes it works and most often it doesn't. Usually when I'm WOT and accelerating hard, I get the failure 8 or 9 times out of 10. Sometimes it stays up for a while at speed and then fails. Looking forward to your findings.

Please report back Big Swole!
Old 07-15-2021 | 03:40 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MotoJB
I'm having the same issue...with almost identical behavior as yours. I'm not sure what speed my spoiler failure comes on but it is not as seemingly predictable as yours (ie 78mph).

Sometimes it works and most often it doesn't. Usually when I'm WOT and accelerating hard, I get the failure 8 or 9 times out of 10. Sometimes it stays up for a while at speed and then fails. Looking forward to your findings.

Please report back Big Swole!

Sounds like yours is still mostly intermittent compared to mine. Once I had the first failure code, it's been 100% NON working unless I pulled the battery cable to clear code and then stayed under 77...

As for the 77 vs. 78. They reason I know this for my car is I literally used cruise control to slowly walk it up to 77 and hold it there for Miles!!! Then as soon as I bumped it to 78 it Popped!! Retracted and won't come back up Ever, unless I pull the battery cable again.

As of today, no word from the dealer. They are very busy so I'm thinking I might not get it back until Monday. I'm on duty tmrw. and all wknd, so Monday would be the first time I can get it anyway. But I'll still post up if they tell me what they replaced and / or did to fix it.
MotoJB (07-16-2021)
Old 07-15-2021 | 03:54 PM
CodyzWorld
Burning Brakes

subscribed. let's see if they say the same thing/fix the same as my dealer did.

good luck Big Swole.
Old 07-16-2021 | 05:42 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CodyzWorld
subscribed. let's see if they say the same thing/fix the same as my dealer did.

good luck Big Swole.

Got a text from my Service guy. Says the Bladder will have to be replaced due to a faulty Sensor ( I assume inside ) that can't be replaced on it's own. So based on that, I assume the bladder wasn't leaking but that sensor is tied to it.

No word on anything else yet, except they have to order parts and it MAY be ready by Tues of next week but not to "count" on that in case the parts don't come in.

Last edited by Big Swole; 07-16-2021 at 05:43 PM.
MotoJB (07-16-2021)
Old 07-16-2021 | 08:26 PM
ottodawg
Rennlist Member

Got a text from my Service guy. Says the Bladder will have to be replaced due to a faulty Sensor ( I assume inside ) that can't be replaced on it's own. So based on that, I assume the bladder wasn't leaking but that sensor is tied to it.

No word on anything else yet, except they have to order parts and it MAY be ready by Tues of next week but not to "count" on that in case the parts don't come in.
Be interesting to know the PN of the sensor. I don't remember any wires/connectors down by the bladder. Maybe something inside the control unit. Looks like the control unit runs about $800.

Last edited by ottodawg; 07-16-2021 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2021 | 09:28 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ottodawg
Be interesting to know the PN of the sensor. I don't remember any wires/connectors down by the bladder. Maybe something inside the control unit. Looks like the control unit runs about $800.

Soon as I can get the repairs done and a bill, I'll be happy to post a pic of it for everyone to see.

All I can do is trust that the dealer is replacing the right stuff. Either way, It'll get fixed and I'll have info to share for others having this issue. Seems like it's getting common, or already been.

Old 07-17-2021 | 09:13 AM
CodyzWorld
Burning Brakes

that's what the dealer did for me too. replace the entire bladder assembly.
Big Swole (07-17-2021)

Quick Reply: Spoiler Failure Reduce Speed