Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

PDCC

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018 | 07:45 PM
pullover
Instructor

Default PDCC

Thank you in advance, again. Everyone is very helpful, a plethora of opinions, thoughts & ideas. Bear with me a little longer. Still trying to decide between 2019 TT, or used TTs, can't get a TTs slot. Not much off MSRP on TT either.
I have driven a TTs (stock PDCC). It's an option on TT, not cheap, aprox 3500+. Other than keeping chassis level, in doing so does it stiffen of soften ride? I have been told both. One thing for sure TTs is a stiff ride for an old member, regardless of setting. Even F-cars are more supple than P-cars, TTs to Carrera s. Question #2 deviating stitching color, some P-cars appear to have thicker thread than others. Can not find any info to support observations. F-car offers 2 options. Sorry to compare P-F cars, different animals, no bad intentions here.
thanks again, pullover
Old 05-03-2018 | 09:55 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pullover
Thank you in advance, again. Everyone is very helpful, a plethora of opinions, thoughts & ideas. Bear with me a little longer. Still trying to decide between 2019 TT, or used TTs, can't get a TTs slot. Not much off MSRP on TT either.
I have driven a TTs (stock PDCC). It's an option on TT, not cheap, aprox 3500+. Other than keeping chassis level, in doing so does it stiffen of soften ride? I have been told both. One thing for sure TTs is a stiff ride for an old member, regardless of setting. Even F-cars are more supple than P-cars, TTs to Carrera s. Question #2 deviating stitching color, some P-cars appear to have thicker thread than others. Can not find any info to support observations. F-car offers 2 options. Sorry to compare P-F cars, different animals, no bad intentions here.
thanks again, pullover
PDCC makes ride softer in normal mode. Also check tire pressures - they can be set to full load mode, which makes the car super-stiff. Comfort tire pressures make big difference.
Old 05-03-2018 | 11:27 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Other than keeping chassis level, in doing so does it stiffen of soften ride? I have been told both.
If you’re referring to feeling every bump and crack in the road, that’s based on the selected the PASM mode (normal vs. sport).

If you’re referring to the feeling of the car remaining flat through a change of direction (less body roll), that’s PDCC.

Old 05-03-2018 | 11:43 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Other than keeping chassis level, in doing so does [PDCC] stiffen of soften ride? I have been told both.
And it does do both. Just not at the same time.

Originally Posted by ervtx
If you’re referring to feeling every bump and crack in the road, that’s based on the selected the PASM mode (normal vs. sport).

If you’re referring to the feeling of the car remaining flat through a change of direction (less body roll), that’s PDCC.
This is not quite correct. Certainly, PASM modes effect the perception of 'stiffness.' However, anti-roll bars (sway bars) also effect the perception of 'stiffness.'

PDCC is - effectively - variable anti-roll bars. Driving straight, PDCC acts like a weak (soft) anti-roll bar. This means that the coupling effect of one wheel hitting a bump is not transmitted (as much) to the the wheel on the other side. This is then perceived as a 'softer' suspension.

However, when cornering PDCC acts like a strong (stiff) sway bar and this is what produces flat cornering.

Also, PDCC is always on. Selecting a chassis mode (Normal, Sport, Sport+) changes the software mapping.

In practice PDCC in Normal mode takes the 'edge off' what would otherwise be an uncomfortably jarring ride on bumpy, crappy roads.

If you will spend 99% of your time on smooth roads (i.e. you live in a part of the world that doesn't see salted roads and thus don't have pot holes) you probably won't notice a difference between a PDCC Porsche and a non-PDCC Porsche except on the track.

However, if you drive on $h1ty roads you will.

For me, I would spec PDCC if it was available (and I did.)
Old 05-04-2018 | 09:06 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

I’ve also been told that those who spend a fair amount of time at the track like that PDCC extends tire life. I also understand the system adds a bit more weight to the car.

Mine is a street car, but I included it in the build.

For related performance changes, I’ve heard very positive reviews of the DSC box that replaces the brain of the PASM system. Apparently it also uses PDCC if it was optioned.

Quick Reply: PDCC