new 2019 991.2 turbo vs used 991.2 turbo s

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 08:51 PM
pullover
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default new 2019 991.2 turbo vs used 991.2 turbo s

I would appreciate your opinions on the following:
Purchase a used 991.1 / 991.2 turbo -S vs a new 2019 991.2 turbo/non -S (order with Sept. delivery) little or no discount, probably end of 991.2 model. I THINK I would prefer sunroof delete, no center locks, however they look good, steel brakes, 18way seats (option), interior carbon pkg.(option}, lane change (option), contrasting stitching(option), ext lighting pkg. & a few other. An order for turbo-s with my options is about 203K msrp. vs. aprox 180K non-S. The turbo order is available to me, the turbo-S IS NOT. Comes down to a new turbo, 2019 model, 991.2 (sept)delivery, close to msrp. or keep looking for a turbo-s. 540HP vs. 580HP. Comes down to valve & $$$, and always horsepower.
Yes, the "S" on the deck lid. Thanks in advance for your prompt opinions, thoughts & time.
pullover
Old 05-02-2018, 10:34 PM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

I lurk around here every so often as I love the TTS and think it's one badass car. I think once I grab my PTS GT3 this fall and get the GT bug out of my system (if that is possible!!), I want to get a TTS. I likely will go the used route, though I have kicked around ordering a TTS when I decide to get one. Don't think I'll try to do PTS on it.

I think my advice would be - if you are thinking about the TTS, you should get it. For me, I would have to get a TTS as I would have "S" envy. Plus I like the carbon ceramics and other options that come "standard".

It sounds like you are torn, and I think if you keep thinking about the TTS, you will likely be annoyed you didn't get the TTS.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:49 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 752 Likes on 473 Posts

Get the S
I ordered an 18' tts, white exterior with black interior, list was 224k, got a call from the dealer that they took a 17' white with black interior tts on trade, was I interested, I said no, the last used car I purchased I was 16 years old, about 100 years ago, well I find out it has the same options, 2,000 miles, it comes with 2 years of extra warranty, with unlimited miles. I sent 2 high end detailers to look over the car for stone chips or defects, it had none, and at 52k off sticker I purchased it and the price included delivery to my door. COULD NOT BE MORE PLEASED, some times out of nowhere these deals happen
Old 05-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Turbo S only comes with PCCB, so you would have to deal with that. Are you going to track the car? If no, the PCCB is perfect. If yes, Girodisc rotors are under $4000 and an easy swap after a season or two. For CL, just buy about $700 worth of tools and don't worry about it any more. Wheels are very easy to deal with once you buy the tools. I'd look around for used 991.2 TTS or try to find a dealer with an allocation if I were you - start dialing and plan to pay MSRP.

As has been the topic in other threads - get the car you love, don't settle. Some love their TT, but if you worry that you won't...you won't. The $$$ is always important, except it's cheaper to get what you want the first time rather than get what you don't want and then try to fix it. Don't under-estimate the emotional part of owning these cars. It will haunt you unless you have a good therapist or spiritual adviser to help you find your inner peace after something like this.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:14 AM
pullover
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2019 turbo vs. 991.2 turbo-s allotment

Thanks, I agree will most your comments. I find NO TTS slots avail. That would be my 1st choice. I am old, lots of track time, may do a little in future, mostly semi-daily driver. Soon there will be no 991s to order. I dont want a 992.
So not buying any green bananas, no S slots appear to be open. Cant wait another summer, so order a 2019 TT at all the money, try and find a cert. TTS (GT silver or- Agate). Some cancelled orders around, cars are colors not wanted.
RandyC151 your correct, it is some what emotional. Appears, pay all the $$$ for a car you can get but not you 1st choice, thats difficult. thanks all.
pullover
Old 05-03-2018, 01:42 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

I’m very happy with my TT. I didn’t want centerlocks or CCBs so I optioned PDCC, seats, and so forth in to the TT build. Personally though I’d have optioned it if it were available, I haven’t missed the 40hp, and I had always figured if I do at some point I can call up Sam at ByDesign and write him a big check. The base turbo is pretty easy to hot rod for those so inclined. Maybe after the warranty is up I’ll give it some thought.

Also, for background I was originally thinking about getting a GTS or a GT3 but they were both out of production and I wasn’t in line for a 3 slot. And the TT is actually a slightly better fit for my needs and usage than the GTS or GT3. So the TT was never psychologically a downgrade in any way to me.

The problem is your question really hinges on your own emotions. I am very happy with my TT but you’ll have to decide if you would be or if you’d still want an S for whatever reasons you might have.

I assume you’re already on a wait list to try to grab the next S slot that appears?
Old 05-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Similar to the story above i was shopping TT cars and trading a 4S. I found a TTS just too hard not to take with very low mileage and just like I would have speced it. 5lugs instead of center locks, PCCB's are standard and I love them for both performance and no brake dust, and GT Silver with carbon trim interior. I have already added, Michelin 4S, Europipe exhaust, and Cobb tune and PDK upgrade. Car is lightening quick and my favorite Pcar so far.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:31 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

First world problems for sure- in relatively "sane and legal" driving there is not much difference between speeds with 540/580hp. Killer acceleration. Spec for some people is worth more than the 40hp...

Quick Reply: new 2019 991.2 turbo vs used 991.2 turbo s