Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

After 8 months of Waiting and One Smashed Car my Turbo Finally Arrived!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 09:26 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The last 3 new Porsche’s all came will a full fuel tank, as did my Volvo and my Chevy Diesel Truck. I’d be very surprised if your dealer does not do the same for you. Hope the rain stops and you get to burn some of that gas!
Old 03-29-2018, 10:42 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

My tank was filled to the top when I took her home the first time.

Jay
Old 03-30-2018, 12:39 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by triplekg
did you pay for it?

I know it's being tight but I want to see how they stack up to other dealers.
No, I did not and would be pissed off if it was not full. Hell, the Nissan I bought my kids was full.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:51 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Congrats! Carmine Red is a great color. Random thought since you are coming from a Corvette Z06. The latest Panorama issue had a sales comparison between rivals Corvette and 911, and it said something like how Corvette has sold 1.6 million cars since introduction in 1956, while Porsche sold its one millionth 911 a short time ago. It also said a survey from a few years back said 46% of Corvette owners were over 55 years old while less than 30% of 911 owners are that age or older. I guess this means you are the Benjamin Button of car owners, with the 911 making you younger!

BTW, I finally caught up on your other thread (car damaged in transit) and think you absolutely made a good decision in trading in the Corvette when you did rather than suffer additional depreciation.

Last edited by Need4S; 04-01-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:11 PM
WCH BOS
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks great! Enjoy it.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:49 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Need4S
Congrats! Carmine Red is a great color. Random thought since you are coming from a Corvette Z06. The latest Panorama issue had a sales comparison between rivals Corvette and 911, and it said something like how Corvette has sold 1.6 million cars since introduction in 1956, while Porsche sold its one millionth 911 a short time ago. It also said a survey from a few years back said 46% of Corvette owners were over 55 years old while less than 30% of 911 owners are that age or older. I guess this means you are the Benjamin Button of car owners, with the 911 making you younger!

BTW, I finally caught up on your other thread (car damaged in transit) and think you absolutely made a good decision in trading in the Corvette when you did rather than suffer addictional depreciation.
yes I did get excellent Resale for the Z06 (Basically my money back)

I brought it home today (yes it was full!)

The weather was horrible. The car drove amazing in the rain. Was a 2 hour drive home and it felt like I was driving a pickup truck.

I was worreid about the exhaust but in sport + It sounds amazing. The car handles fantastic. And it's fast as Fukkkkkk.....

It's comfortable and has tons of room. Also looks bad ***.

I've had the car for 5 hours and already want to change the options ! lol.

It was kinda wet today so I didn't really test it but overall it's great.

I have a ton of questions about the car. I didn't want to hang out at dealership so I paid, signed the ownership and left.

I am going to ask you guys tons of questions in the upcoming days.

(Changed all the settings on the dash but didn't save, realized it had to be synced with Key. Did that. Not crazy about the Small buttons on the centre console but do appreciate physical buttons over the horrilbe Cadillac Cue system... now Im rambling lol
Old 04-01-2018, 12:01 PM
triplekg
Racer

HOLY COW, Sport +, Sport Response Button - Wow !

All my friends and neighbours are stopping by taking pics, congratulating, asking for ride, .... not gonna lie Im super happy right now.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:27 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

HOLY COW, Sport +, Sport Response Button - Wow !

All my friends and neighbours are stopping by taking pics, congratulating, asking for ride, .... not gonna lie Im super happy right now.
I know the feeling. Finally here in CT I got my car out yesterday and I have to say I wasn't bashful as I broke her in. I had two cars slow down and take pics of my car on Rt. 84, a fist pump from another driver, and when I parked
at the Vitamin Shop to get my supplements, more pics. And this was just the second time I've had my car out since I brought her home on Dec 8th. But as you said, "It's an amazing car." One of the fastest and most precision built vehicles I
have ever driven. I didn't get to use the Performance Response button yesterday due to the number of cars on the road, but when I needed, I could pass at will with an ease and proclivity that I have never been accustomed to. I drove in Sport with the PDCC on and it was like transfer of motion. I didn't quite get into Overboost, but I did see 18 PSI on the screen a few times. Again, "just beat out fast." One of the features that quickly became apparent to me was how well the rear steering helped when you were changing lanes; you felt like the car was subtly moving side ways into the passing lane and quickly moving forward again without any effort. Just so many new performance features that I became aware of when compared to my 997.2 Turbo I had prior to this, which I loved and still miss. It was my first Turbo. And I'll always love the "The Black Mamba".

Obviously, I can't wait to take her out again. After I have enough miles underneath me I'll post my "Initial Driving Experiences" and give some honest feed back on my preferred settings. I'm still learning all of the buttons and settings on the PCM and front display at this time. Until then in my best estimation, Winter is over. It's time to drive. My waiting is over.

Jay
Old 04-01-2018, 02:33 PM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow DJ. You're really missing out on enjoying your TTS if this is just your second time driving the car since you got it in early December. I've been enjoying mine all winter.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:54 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JW1
Wow DJ. You're really missing out on enjoying your TTS if this is just your second time driving the car since you got it in early December. I've been enjoying mine all winter.
My driveway is long, steep, and with intimidating curves. With the shade that falls on certain areas ice freezes over those areas and if you tried to take the car out, one you could hit a tree going down the driveway or two
get stuck. That combined with all the salt and sand on the roads you just have to wait or face harm to your car.

Jay
Old 04-01-2018, 10:58 PM
triplekg
Racer

Originally Posted by DJ23
My driveway is long, steep, and with intimidating curves. With the shade that falls on certain areas ice freezes over those areas and if you tried to take the car out, one you could hit a tree going down the driveway or two
get stuck. That combined with all the salt and sand on the roads you just have to wait or face harm to your car.

Jay
Common man I just drove a new car home through a Monsoon!

So I have 800KM on min after owing it for a day and a 1/2. I LOVE this thing.

I wish I had a bit more freedom in the back end. Drifting its proving to be a early challenge but I need to play with some of the settings.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:39 PM
triplekg
Racer

a few more pics in the sun!
Old 04-01-2018, 11:41 PM
triplekg
Racer

a few more pics in the sun

Old 04-02-2018, 10:15 AM
JW1
Racer

Ahh....bummer. Install a heated driveway?

Originally Posted by DJ23

Jay
Old 04-02-2018, 10:17 AM
JW1
Racer

Very nice. Are you planning on switching out the orange side markers?

a few more pics in the sun!

Quick Reply: After 8 months of Waiting and One Smashed Car my Turbo Finally Arrived!!!