Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Finally got my build slot for 18 TTS Cab..

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 10:15 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,001 Posts

8 months, and this build is for March/April production for May/June delivery.So, basically, almost a year total. Very few slots around this past year for changeable builds.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:17 AM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, 8 months. I guess I was pretty lucky. When I decided that I wanted to get a TTS back in June, I emailed all of the NJ, NY, and CT dealerships within 70 miles of me and also asking for a discount on a custom build. Only about 3 replied back to me. Was able to secure the build slot within a few days and got my car in August. Would have gotten it a little bit earlier if not for the MY2018 emissions certification fiasco. Also, the dealership that I went with had 2 build slots available and I ended up with a 5% discount on my order. However, they made me put down $24K or about 10% to secure the slot.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:22 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JW1
Wow, 8 months. I guess I was pretty lucky. When I decided that I wanted to get a TTS back in June, I emailed all of the NJ, NY, and CT dealerships within 70 miles of me and also asking for a discount on a custom build. Only about 3 replied back to me. Was able to secure the build slot within a few days and got my car in August. Would have gotten it a little bit earlier if not for the MY2018 emissions certification fiasco. Also, the dealership that I went with had 2 build slots available and I ended up with a 5% discount on my order. However, they made me put down $24K or about 10% to secure the slot.
You did much better on timing than I did, but then again, my current lease doesn't come due until September, so I'm getting pulled forward about 5 months. It shold have been 12 months. That bothers me more than anything.

Your build was $240K less 5%?

The MSRP on your car was $240K?
Old 01-08-2018, 11:30 AM
JW1
Racer

yeah. I optioned it the way that I wanted it as if I were going to keep the car forever. This was my first Porsche. But even if I end up replacing it with a newer model later, I'm still happy with how I optioned it. At least I get to enjoy it to the max everyday that I am able to drive it. Fortunately, I don't need to worry about sticking to any kind of budget since I no longer have to deal with a nag of a wife.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:43 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JW1
yeah. I optioned it the way that I wanted it as if I were going to keep the car forever. This was my first Porsche. But even if I end up replacing it with a newer model later, I'm still happy with how I optioned it. At least I get to enjoy it to the max everyday that I am able to drive it. Fortunately, I don't need to worry about sticking to any kind of budget since I no longer have to deal with a nag of a wife.
Nice. Did you OJ her?
You are in Rockland, I am in Bergen.
When my car comes in, we should get together for a drink and dinner and compare cars.
I bet we're about 10 minutes from each other.
You have a great attitude towards your car...and your wife.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:59 AM
JW1
Racer

Hahah Thanks. She was very well taken care of after the split and will continue to not have to work a day in her life. Although I am a tiny bit poorer in the pocket book, I got the kids and the freedom I now possess is truly priceless. I'm frequently in Westwood NJ for my workouts. Once your car arrives, lets meet up for a bite so that we can check each other's rides out.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:21 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JW1
Hahah Thanks. She was very well taken care of after the split and will continue to not have to work a day in her life. Although I am a tiny bit poorer in the pocket book, I got the kids and the freedom I now possess is truly priceless. I'm frequently in Westwood NJ for my workouts. Once your car arrives, lets meet up for a bite so that we can check each other's rides out.
Done!!

And yes (kids + freedom = priceless).

BTW, I'm much closer to you than Westwood. I am right on the NY/NJ line by the Fern.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Lizard1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche must've released some allocations for the New Year as my dealer just texted me as well saying he has an allocation for me - TTS cab. But, I'm definitely not seeing the discount that was going around last year. He only offered $2500 off rather than a %
Old 01-09-2018, 04:34 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lizard1
Porsche must've released some allocations for the New Year as my dealer just texted me as well saying he has an allocation for me - TTS cab. But, I'm definitely not seeing the discount that was going around last year. He only offered $2500 off rather than a %
What's the time frame on that slot you were offered? Immediate build or later in the year or.....?
Old 01-09-2018, 07:49 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have become a big fan of bright colored sports cars in my old age and Carmine Red is one of my favorites, going to be a beautiful car.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:13 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 72offsuit
Have become a big fan of bright colored sports cars in my old age and Carmine Red is one of my favorites, going to be a beautiful car.
Thank you.
This will be first of 8 that isn’t jet black metallic. (besides my yellow 981 track car). All my DD P cars for the last 20 years have been black. The Guards Red, while stunning, just seemed to flashy for me. Wish it wasn’t because of how awesome it looks, but I went with the Carmine Red as it’s a bit more unique and very different from most Red cars on the road.
I still have a couple weeks to make changes, so I’ve been avoiding the car configurator like the plague.
Thanks for the kind words on the Carmine Red. My kids called it blood red. Then we got into a whole discussion about guys named Carmine and blood.
Now it’s “Daddy’s getting a blood red car.”
Now the waiting......
Old 01-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Lizard1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m waiting to hear back on the timeframe - I bet it’s similar to yours.

For or now I’ve chosen midnight blue with black interior. But the wife is suggesting something a tad more edgy but not so much that it will be obnoxious. Looking back on some of the great blues, she’s trying to find something like an electric or sky blue but not as bold as Miami blue
Old 01-09-2018, 09:26 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lizard1
I’m waiting to hear back on the timeframe - I bet it’s similar to yours.

For or now I’ve chosen midnight blue with black interior. But the wife is suggesting something a tad more edgy but not so much that it will be obnoxious. Looking back on some of the great blues, she’s trying to find something like an electric or sky blue but not as bold as Miami blue
I was considering the Night Blue Metallic as well, but then I decided that I would rather have another Black one instead of Dark Blue, so the Carmine Red was my choice.
Agree the Miami Blue is way too bright and flashy for my taste and felt the same way about the Guards Red. I wanted to try something other than a very dark color, so that rued out the Black and the Dark Blue.
Ended up with carmine Red and am very happy with my choice. Not many Carmine Red cars of any Marque out there, so it has some uniqueness and just a little edginess to it without the loud flash.
The Guards red is beautiful, just too flashy for me.
I don't want to attract anyone's attention but my own.
Maybe you can try a paint to sample?
Hope you don't have to wait as long as I do, Good luck.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:29 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Any thoughts on the Front Axle Lift System for my build?
I've never had one before (the lift system), and I didn't put one on this new build either.
What do you guys think about it?
Thanks....
Old 01-10-2018, 04:31 PM
JW1
Racer

If you have not needed it on any of your P cars in the past 20 years, it's probably safe to say that you won't need it on this one. I optioned it on mine specifically because I knew that I was going to lower the car and wanted to make sure that I was still able to clear the driveway at my gym. I think most people will say that the FAL option is not needed especially if you keep the stock height. I actually also find it useful for getting my QuickJacks under the car whenever I need to use them. Without the FAL, I wouldn't be able to use the mounting adapter pads on the jacks since they are too thick for my lowered front end.

Quick Reply: Finally got my build slot for 18 TTS Cab..