Sponsored by: Road Spy

Zunsport Grille installed, pic of result

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 04:08 PM
ilian11
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Zunsport Grille installed, pic of result

Just installed zunsport front grille on my 991.1 Turbo S. Result is fantastic. I ordered on Wed and received the kit on Mon all the way from the UK. It’s a bit pricey but you do get what you pay for. It’s not a makeshift product. Rather very high quality and fantastic fit. No need for DYI, instructions are super easy to follow. No mechanical skill needed. A great product priced just right imho. See pic(s).

Old 11-27-2017, 08:19 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

That looks great! Did you have to remove the bumper for install?

Also, who makes the lower lip? Does your front spoiler still work? Looks really nice!
Old 11-28-2017, 01:04 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

I went with Rennline for my 991.2 TTS, and even though I had to take off the bumper, it's very sturdy and would certainly protect the radiators from track junk.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:00 AM
ilian11
Rennlist Member

Thanks! No need to remove bumper. They are super sturdy too. Also, can be easily removed in 2 mins. I’ve seen the Rennline grille kit installed. These are better, not just due to easy on and off, but the product itself is higher quality. The easy off is a must to remove small debris in my opinion. Not knocking Rennline, it’s a good product too. Never thought I’d EVER be this impressed by some grille mesh, but I am and I recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat.

As for the carbon lip, dB carbon from Germany skinned the oem lip in carbon. The lip is essentially a cover, so yes, all functions are retained, spoiler works normal. In fact I had warranty work done to my front spoiler mechanism after the install. Doesn’t affect it.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:47 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by alevine
That looks great! Did you have to remove the bumper for install?

Also, who makes the lower lip? Does your front spoiler still work? Looks really nice!
thats the beauty of the Zunsport product. Had Rennline on my previous car, had to remove bumper to install. With the Zunsport once you fit the first piece and get the rhythm it only takes about 20 minutes to get them all in. Fit and look is perfect. Great product and priced competitively.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:00 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilian11
Thanks! No need to remove bumper. They are super sturdy too. Also, can be easily removed in 2 mins. I’ve seen the Rennline grille kit installed. These are better, not just due to easy on and off, but the product itself is higher quality. The easy off is a must to remove small debris in my opinion. Not knocking Rennline, it’s a good product too. Never thought I’d EVER be this impressed by some grille mesh, but I am and I recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat.

As for the carbon lip, dB carbon from Germany skinned the oem lip in carbon. The lip is essentially a cover, so yes, all functions are retained, spoiler works normal. In fact I had warranty work done to my front spoiler mechanism after the install. Doesn’t affect it.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I will check them out as the grills look great.

What's strange is that my OEM front lip differs from yours as mine does not have any built-up material in the center section. Did DB Carbon custom make this part or is it a carbon overlay? Attached is a pic (a poor one but it's the only one I have) of the center section of my OEM front lip. I always thought that mine looked strange and I really like that your is more substantial. It really finishes the front of the car!
Old 11-28-2017, 07:01 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

BTW, I just noticed that you are in Lake Villa. I am nearby and located in Deerfield. Small world!
Old 11-28-2017, 10:40 PM
Elliott991TS
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Old 11-29-2017, 03:29 AM
ilian11
Rennlist Member

BTW, I just noticed that you are in Lake Villa. I am nearby and located in Deerfield. Small world!
I have the front lip clear wrapped, but other than that it’s oem. Had the intake scoops, rear wing and diffuser along with some misc parts skinned in carbon fiber too. Feel free to come by and take a look sometime if you wish.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:01 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. I will check them out as the grills look great.

What's strange is that my OEM front lip differs from yours as mine does not have any built-up material in the center section. Did DB Carbon custom make this part or is it a carbon overlay? Attached is a pic (a poor one but it's the only one I have) of the center section of my OEM front lip. I always thought that mine looked strange and I really like that your is more substantial. It really finishes the front of the car!
It's hard to tell from this pic, but it almost looks like you're missing the black plastic front lip piece
Old 11-29-2017, 10:38 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
It's hard to tell from this pic, but it almost looks like you're missing the black plastic front lip piece
Hmm, very interesting! You could be right!

Do you or anyone have a close-up pic of their front lower lip with the spoiler not activated?

I can't tell from the Elliot's post above with the blue TTS where the spoiler that extends start, etc.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:46 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-2/p1973778052-6.jpg
Old 11-29-2017, 10:52 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Thank you! Mine looks the same. I’ve always thought the center part looks somewhat unfinished as it does not extend towards the ground like the sides do. It would be cool if there was a more aggressive lower front lip option other than the carbon one from DB Carbon noted above.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:00 AM
ilian11
Rennlist Member

Mine is no different than oem. It’s just skinned in real carbon fiber. Maybe the contrast alone looks more aggressive to you. The carbon does highlight the gorgeous lines on the front end more I think.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:28 AM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 76 Posts

Hey! Deerfield, Turbo S, and Zunsport grille here, too -- and it appears our (real) names are VERY similar!

Quick Reply: Zunsport Grille installed, pic of result