991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Anyone waiting for their Car?

Old 12-20-2017, 12:05 AM
Gjon777
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 20 Posts

I went back and forth between aero and no aero kit. I have seen pics of cars with and without. I think I just liked it a little more without the aero kit. Either way, I don't think one could go wrong, but I guess it was just personal preference. Yours looks awesome with it. Also, my build price was so close to a TTS price, if I added the Aero kit, I would rather have gone with a TTS. They just couldn't get me any TTS allocations for the spring and the TTS' that are out there were close but not close enough for my liking. I also considered just getting the exterior package painted in high gloss black but decided against it.
PS my last Porsche Targa 4S was Guards Red so that is why I went Carmine Red this time
Old 12-21-2017, 10:46 AM
triplekg
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Gjon777
I went back and forth between aero and no aero kit. I have seen pics of cars with and without. I think I just liked it a little more without the aero kit. Either way, I don't think one could go wrong, but I guess it was just personal preference. Yours looks awesome with it. Also, my build price was so close to a TTS price, if I added the Aero kit, I would rather have gone with a TTS. They just couldn't get me any TTS allocations for the spring and the TTS' that are out there were close but not close enough for my liking. I also considered just getting the exterior package painted in high gloss black but decided against it.
PS my last Porsche Targa 4S was Guards Red so that is why I went Carmine Red this time

I don't like the Aero Kit front spoiler - I hate the triangle shape on either side of the bumper.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:01 PM
gled
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are waiting for an April delivery on a TTS. No roof, no adaptive cruse, no side assist, no lane departure, no auto brake, no lift, no aero, no carbon fiber. Carmine/black w/deviated stiching, it's going to be a great car. G.Led. And no entry, why do these need to be loaded up, I'm not building it for resale.

Last edited by gled; 01-04-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:36 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by gled
We are waiting for an April delivery on a TTS. No roof, no adaptive cruse, no side assist, no lane departure, no auto brake, no lift, no aero, no carbon fiber. Carmine/black w/deviated stiching, it's going to be a great car. G.Led
Nice to see that you were able to acquire a TTS allocation. With that being said you will have a lot of options included without a lot of additional cost. The Carmine with black and deviated stitching should look great.
Hope the winter passes quickly. Can't wait for April to come so all of us can begin to enjoy our cars. Again good luck on the wait. I know how it can be.

Jay
Old 01-10-2018, 04:50 AM
sampo3k
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also waiting on April delivery, '18 TTS Cab, presently at V250. Seems like April will be a big month for deliveries around here! Have always wanted a turbo, love orange, looking forward to trying out the various recommended booster seat options in the rear for the kids. Pretty excited

Exterior: Lava Orange
Interior: Leather Interior in Black
342 Seat heating (front)
457 Lane Change Assist (LCA)
474 Front Axle Lift System
489 Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
541 Seat Ventilation (Front)
583 Smoking package
625 Porsche Entry & Drive
630 Light Design Package
CWJ PORSCHE Logo and Model Designation Painted (Black)
DFS Vehicle Key Painted incl. Key Pouch in Leather (Agate Leather / Lava Stitching / Lava Orange)
QH1 Voice Control
X69 Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber
XEY LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
XHS Rear center tunnel in leather with decorative stitching
XUB Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color
XVL Extended Interior Package with Stitching in Deviated Thread (Lava Orange)
XXP Tinted Taillights
Old 01-10-2018, 09:36 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sampo3k
Also waiting on April delivery, '18 TTS Cab, presently at V250. Seems like April will be a big month for deliveries around here! Have always wanted a turbo, love orange, looking forward to trying out the various recommended booster seat options in the rear for the kids. Pretty excited

342 Seat heating (front)
583 Smoking package
630 Light Design Package
DFS Vehicle Key Painted incl. Key Pouch in Leather (Agate Leather / Lava Stitching / Lava Orange)
QH1 Voice Control
XXP Tinted Taillights
Your build looks and sounds great. Lava Orange with the black interior will look stunning. Great contrast. Think about the gloss black door handles, and may be painted black wheels which shouldn't bread the budget. In any event
good luck on the wait. April will sure be one heck of a delivery month around here.

Jay
Old 01-11-2018, 12:28 AM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by sampo3k

342 Seat heating (front)
583 Smoking package
630 Light Design Package
QH1 Voice Control
XXP Tinted Taillights
Nice build.
Lava Orange. Hmmm.....
Old 01-11-2018, 03:13 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Not here until June

V200 - Delivery date determined

Text

911 Turbo S
GT Silver Metallic
Leather Interior in Black
Seat Heating (Front)
Adaptive Cruise Control incl. Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Smoking Package
Porsche Entry & Drive
Light Design Package
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof
Power Steering Plus
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
Voice Control
Rear Side Air Intakes Painted
P 20" Sport Classic Wheels
Wheels Painted in Black (High-Gloss)
LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System
Porsche Crest on Headrests
Ornamental Porsche Crest
Old 01-11-2018, 09:33 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by uzj100
Not here until June

Text

911 Turbo S
GT Silver Metallic
Seat Heating (Front)
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Smoking Package
Porsche Entry & Drive
Light Design Package
Power Steering Plus
Voice Control
Ornamental Porsche Crest
Once again a great color combo. The glass sun roof will stand out quite noticeably with the GT silver color. Did you consider any deviated stitching? It would add a great contrast with the black interior.
In any event good luck with the wait. My car hasn't been driven since the journey home from the dealership. Keep us posted on the "V" status.

Jay.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:34 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by uzj100
Not here until June

Text

911 Turbo S
GT Silver Metallic
Seat Heating (Front)
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Seat Ventilation (Front)
Smoking Package
Porsche Entry & Drive
Light Design Package
Power Steering Plus
Voice Control
Ornamental Porsche Crest

Once again a great color combo. The glass sun roof will stand out quite noticeably with the GT silver color. Did you consider any deviated stitching? It would add a great contrast with the black interior.
In any event good luck with the wait. My car hasn't been driven since the journey home from the dealership. Keep us posted on the "V" status.

Jay.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:39 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Jay-
Got steel, not glass sunroof.
Ugh! I see you guys are getting hammered again with frigid weather. Must be frustrating (to say the least) to have to keep your beautiful car garaged. Hope it warms up SOON!
I'm in So Cal
Old 01-13-2018, 02:46 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

I feel for the east-coasters. I drove the coast yesterday -- Santa Cruz to Half Moon Bay on Highway 1 -- the rain has let up for the weekend so it was a beautiful drive along the ocean in the sun with the sunroof open. If I go again I may stop for pictures. Still trying to go through the official break-in period, which is an exercise in personal restraint to the nth...
Old 01-13-2018, 04:32 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
I feel for the east-coasters. I drove the coast yesterday -- Santa Cruz to Half Moon Bay on Highway 1 -- the rain has let up for the weekend so it was a beautiful drive along the ocean in the sun with the sunroof open. If I go again I may stop for pictures. Still trying to go through the official break-in period, which is an exercise in personal restraint to the nth...
Please continue to feel for us. Today I backed my car out of the garage and saw it in the sun light for the first time since I brought her home. Still can't drive it, even though the snow has almost disappeared due to the sand and salt on the roads. Need more
rain, sun and warmer days first. But I sat in the car and went through some of the preliminary settings. It still felt good. Then I parked her in the garage, and plugged her in. That's it until better weather comes our way. But it's a start.

Give some more input as you break your car in. Any insight that you think is valuable, post here and let us, now, "weather waiters", know.

Jay
Old 01-13-2018, 06:41 PM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 50 Posts

Ordered a new Turbo with arrival in June here in Tampa. Fully loaded except for PCCB, and any crazy color options. Agate grey with full black leather and GT Silver deviated stitching.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:44 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ23
Please continue to feel for us. Today I backed my car out of the garage and saw it in the sun light for the first time since I brought her home. Still can't drive it, even though the snow has almost disappeared due to the sand and salt on the roads. Need more
rain, sun and warmer days first. But I sat in the car and went through some of the preliminary settings. It still felt good. Then I parked her in the garage, and plugged her in. That's it until better weather comes our way. But it's a start.

Give some more input as you break your car in. Any insight that you think is valuable, post here and let us, now, "weather waiters", know.

Jay
Valuable insights? Well, I haven't got on it yet, so this is a limited view. But... all I can tell you is that it is living up to the hype so far. The whole car is just so effortless. Don't laugh but it reminds me of the last generation twin turbo RX7 -- it had a similar feel, albeit with less of everything, but they both made you feel like a way better driver than you are, all while being a pleasure to drive. I'm quite confident I'll never be able to use this cars limits on a track. Interior isn't too shabby either.

Lots of electronics to set up while the weather is down -- Homelink for the garage door, memory settings, personalized I-mode, blue tooth, etc. Good time for PPF too

My only potential knock is the "symposer" thing that vents extra noise in the cabin in sport mode. At least it's not fake engine noise on speakers, but it doesn't really help the sound cruising around town. It's more of a drone. Maybe once I floor it, I'll like it more, so I'm holding off disabling it. I find myself wanting sport mode for the more aggressive/normal shift points, but going back to normal to kill the drone. Normal mode seems programmed for MPG and emissions, so seems to put the rpms way lower than feels comfy to me. More often than not I end up in normal mode but with the PDK set to manual -- they I can pick gears myself without the drone. I may be wrong, but I couldn't find way to get the gearing without the noise in I-mode.

Another thing that surprised me is that normal mode defaults to shutting off the engine at stop lights (more MPG/emissions stuff), unless you turn that off manually. You can override that in I-mode however, and it doesn't default to that in sport mode.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone waiting for their Car?