Sponsored by: Road Spy

Final Turbo Order is in and Locked!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 10:33 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Deckard
Congrats on finalizing the order! While lava orange would have been stunning, white is probably easier to live with day-to-day with less unwanted attention. Plus the black trim still stands out on a white car. Looking forward to seeing it delivered!

Are you still getting the wheels in black?
I was 100% commited to the black wheels but now Im reconsidering - I saw the Turbo Wheels in person and they look great - plus I don't want to pay 1800 to get them partially painted in black when i can get them powder coated for probably 800 and get them all satin black which is what I wanted .....

Im going to Pfaff in toronto Tomorrow or Wednesday to check out some additional colours in trims in person before I sign on the dot Thursday...

I will want orange. I also want Black White and Carmine Red.

Black will be by far the cheapest - i won't have to get carbon fibre mirrors and painted door handles or the name on door -

With White I would want black (carbon) mirrors, black handles, and Black Name on door.

Orange I would want everything above plus the 4k for the orange.

Luckily I dont care much about the interior . - only paid option will be Lane Change.

I want to be careful with options - I don't keep my cars that long and know that nobody cares if you have painted logos or speedometer or whatever... I know i shouldn't build the car for the next owner but really I don't need 30k in options either. trying to keep my options around 10k -

Im second guessing the Black headlights and taillights as well - 2k for those 2 options that are purely for looks not sure Ill go with them....

Im moody today and realizing Im spending over 220 on a car so NOW I wanna save a few bucks lol
Old 09-12-2017, 12:50 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

First, I'd like to commend Porsche, not only for their fine products, but for their pricing and marketing models; if I were running the company, I'd do exactly the same thing. This model allows the buyer to customize his / her vehicle to meet their exact needs -- at a cost, of course. And, in turn, all of these add on's / do dads / customizations / "Exclusive" features return very high margins to the company shareholders.

Once you go upstream to a Turbo / Turbo S, many features that are extra cost options on the C or Cs, become standard. You can get yourself a very nicely equipped Turbo with just a few additional options -- obvious ones to me are LCA, light design pkg, color wheel center caps, keyless entry, PDLS+ (the + is the option -- PDLS comes standard). If you go with a two tone interior, deviated stitching (dash / door panel near window) comes standard.

Sure, you can add leather here, there, and everywhere at a cost, as well as gloss paint here or over there. Perhaps paint a headlight or the turbo intakes, but then the standard intakes come painted, they just aren't glossy. The only special painting that I considered, but in the end didn't get, maybe should have is painting the model name black on the back (my exterior color is white metallic). I also went with the Burmester (BOSE comes standard) -- as others have pointed out on other threads, the engine is so loud, you can barely here a difference. Tail lights can be tinted, but is it really worth the extra cost? Maybe, but it boils down to the individual desires, and the size of their bank account, as well as getting approval from the Chairman of the Board (spouse).

Point here is -- it's not necessary to check all the boxes to get a really nice vehicle.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:13 PM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

$800 powder coated through dealership

Originally Posted by triplekg
love to see pics as well!
Old 09-13-2017, 02:17 PM
JW1
Racer

If you stick with white and get the CF mirror covers, I would recommend you leave the bottom trim for the sport design mirrors body color. IMHO, it looks better with a little bit of white under the mirror cover.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:47 PM
triplekg
Racer

Originally Posted by JW1
$800 powder coated through dealership

those look bad ***!

Did you do the caps too or removed them??

I went to Pfaff porsche today and had a look at various colors- the one that surprised me the most as the Dark Blue - So beautiful!

The White was Meh - didnt look amazing nor did the orange - the orange was a disappointment - they had a boxster in orange...

Chalk was ugly in person IMO and Carmine Red looked good but they didn't have a Carmine red 911 only a 4 door so had to tell. Color wasn't as deep as I thought.

Black was stunning but Agate Grey was absolutely amazing...
Attached Images   
Old 09-13-2017, 10:06 PM
JW1
Racer

the dealer did the caps too but I really don't like how it turned out. I may just also order new glossy black ones with the color crest.

Sapphire blue metallic is really nice on a 911
Old 09-13-2017, 10:25 PM
triplekg
Racer

yes it does
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2017, 10:28 PM
JW1
Racer

that looks like night blue metallic
Old 09-13-2017, 10:35 PM
triplekg
Racer

didn't realize you said saphire blue - I don't like that colour - They have a GTS locally in Sapphire and I'm not a fan - the Dark blue looks much better.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:22 AM
Deckard
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I went to Pfaff porsche today and had a look at various colors- the one that surprised me the most as the Dark Blue - So beautiful!

The White was Meh - didnt look amazing nor did the orange - the orange was a disappointment - they had a boxster in orange...

Chalk was ugly in person IMO and Carmine Red looked good but they didn't have a Carmine red 911 only a 4 door so had to tell. Color wasn't as deep as I thought.

Black was stunning but Agate Grey was absolutely amazing...
Haha oh my...do you have time to change your order? Was the white on a regular carrera or a turbo? While a white carrera can look kind of plain, I think the black trim on a turbo works well with the white.

Black (regular, as I think Basalt can look dull in certain lighting) looks incredible for about 2 days after the car wash--then it turns dusty and blends in with the rest of traffic. Requires a fair bit of maintenance if you want the car to shine all the time.

I love the way the grey looks on the showroom but haven't seen too many examples on the road to be a good judge of the color.

Time for a coin flip to finalize the color?
Old 09-14-2017, 12:33 PM
lazyace
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Love the orange!
Old 09-14-2017, 03:15 PM
triplekg
Racer

Originally Posted by Deckard
Haha oh my...do you have time to change your order? Was the white on a regular carrera or a turbo? While a white carrera can look kind of plain, I think the black trim on a turbo works well with the white.

Black (regular, as I think Basalt can look dull in certain lighting) looks incredible for about 2 days after the car wash--then it turns dusty and blends in with the rest of traffic. Requires a fair bit of maintenance if you want the car to shine all the time.

I love the way the grey looks on the showroom but haven't seen too many examples on the road to be a good judge of the color.

Time for a coin flip to finalize the color?
that's about where i'm at now. Black / White / Agate Grey.....
Old 09-14-2017, 05:49 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,007 Posts

that's about where i'm at now. Black / White / Agate Grey.....
LOL. Last plug for Agate.
Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2017, 06:56 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Dear to my heart as well..

Old 09-14-2017, 07:16 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Jet Black Metallic:

Quick Reply: Final Turbo Order is in and Locked!!!