Sponsored by: Road Spy

New '18 Turbo S owner!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 09:49 PM
Unconscionable
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by medacus
Love the color. Congrats. Not sure about the stripe though.
I am not so sure either. It may become even MORE garish.

But we shall see. It won't be permanent.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:50 PM
Unconscionable
Racer

Oh. I'm also having the wheels powdercoated black. Can't stand silver wheels (no offense).
Old 08-26-2017, 10:27 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Unconscionable
red? Eww

it's matte black and silver accents

and yeah, the stripes will go over the PPF!
Got it, I was going by the pics above and missed that you mentioned the colors. Anyway, black and silver would be more appealing to my eye but I would prefer to leave it bare as the Miami blue speaks for itself. I think stripes work better on a more traditional color like black or white to give it more visual spice. And good call on the stripes over the film if that is doable with no sticking issues.

There's a GT4 for sale locally in amazing PTS Gulf orange. But the original buyer put on silver/blue decals all over it, and then had PPF applied over the decals. It's well done and looks great but I would prefer the bare Gulf orange as it's rare enough as it is. And with the film over the decals, it just creates too much added cost and hassle to remove everything and repay for the film if you want it back on again. Anyway, it's been sitting for several months and I bet in large part because of that (along with a $130k msrp and asking price!).
Old 08-26-2017, 10:34 PM
Unconscionable
Racer

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
Ok, I was going by the pics above. Anyway, black and silver would be more appealing to my eye but I would prefer to leave it bare as the Miami blue speaks for itself. I think stripes work better on a more traditional color like black or white to give it more visual spice. And good call on the stripes over the film if that is doable with no sticking issues.

There's a GT4 for sale locally in amazing PTS Gulf orange. But the original buyer put on silver/blue decals all over it, and then had PPF applied over the decals. It's well done and looks great but I would prefer the bare Gulf orange as it's rare enough as it is. And with the film over the decals, it just creates too much added cost and hassle to remove everything and repay for the film if you want it back on again. Anyway, it's been sitting for several months and I bet in large part because of that (along with a $130k msrp and asking price!).
you're definitely right. The stripes were impulsive. Miami blue gets so much attention on its own. But they will be applied OVER the PPF.

here is something I did to a previous vehicle of mine... many years ago... I thought it was so cool. I still kind of do. But hey, money can't buy taste, right? Lol

in my defense, the GT3 RSs use crazy decal combos!

Old 08-26-2017, 10:37 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

^ That looks great, and for someone not in the know, looks factory stock meaning it looks right and seamless.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:54 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I love your car the way it is. Don't do the stripe. I think it would be too much and detract from the natural beauty that your car already is. Congratulations and drive her well.

Jay
Old 08-28-2017, 01:08 AM
Unconscionable
Racer

Originally Posted by DJ23
I love your car the way it is. Don't do the stripe. I think it would be too much and detract from the natural beauty that your car already is. Congratulations and drive her well.

Jay
hey thanks! I think you could be right. If you are, I'll just take it off and throw it out. I already bought it so I might as well install it and see how it looks. I'll put some pics up.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:50 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

stripe kit looks good - looks good on the exclusive ed. turbo - i say why not give it a try. not to mention its not permanent.

Originally Posted by Unconscionable
Thanks, bros.

I am getting this stripe kit put on when I do my PPF -- matte black with silver accent from KI studios. Thoughts?

Only the top stripe. Ignore side lettering.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:07 PM
FOS373
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Love the miami blue! My neighbor has C4S in it and it looks so great. Enjoy!
Old 09-25-2017, 08:33 AM
Unconscionable
Racer

Old 09-25-2017, 08:35 AM
Unconscionable
Racer

Old 09-25-2017, 02:40 PM
jkl
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts