Sponsored by: Road Spy

Great 991 phone holder option

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 10:12 PM
radctt1
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 70 Posts

I searched this some time ago and went with:

T-Design9.com. The one I went with is under Magnetic mount, but I only ordered the "custom" bracket from T-Design (email Vlad). I wanted to be able to adjust the angle of my phone to be towards the driver along right hand side of the PCM display. Then I picked up the adjustable mount to attach to T-desing bracket from amazon.

adjustable magnetic mount:

Magnetic Phone Holder - TACKFORM [ Tack Mount ] V.2.0 w/N52 Magnets [ for Car, Kitchen, Bedside, Bathroom ] Stick On Dash Mount with Authentic 3M Sticky Adhesive, for Phones, Tablets, and GPS Units (less than $9)

No problems and works great. No adhesive/damage to car what so ever and easily removable.

"custom" bracket from T-Design slides into dash grooves and uses tension to hold in place.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:36 PM
radctt1
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 70 Posts
Default t design magnet

couple pics of mine without phone. Clears the glove box without any problems.
Attached Images   
Old 04-27-2019, 10:34 AM
GasStation
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Oz,

Thank you for the pics, they are an inspiration.

I hope I am not too late to ask about the Scosche MagicMount you installed.

I have a 2015 C4S and your installation is exactly what I wanted to do but could not find the phone base holder that would fit inside the small coin holder or container on the 911 (like you, I do not have the cigarette lighter option).

Question: there are small ridges inside the container. Please confirm the adhesive was thick enough to properly adhere to the inside our cup holder?

Old 04-27-2019, 09:11 PM
Oz-ATL
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GasStation
Hello Oz,

Thank you for the pics, they are an inspiration.

I hope I am not too late to ask about the Scosche MagicMount you installed.

I have a 2015 C4S and your installation is exactly what I wanted to do but could not find the phone base holder that would fit inside the small coin holder or container on the 911 (like you, I do not have the cigarette lighter option).

Question: there are small ridges inside the container. Please confirm the adhesive was thick enough to properly adhere to the inside our cup holder?
i sold the Turbo S and picked up a 458 but I think k it went right in as is. It was the perfect option for me while I had it.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:01 AM
928 GT R
Rennlist Member

Received 5,597 Likes on 2,146 Posts

Rennline... Check their mounts out too...

Old 04-29-2019, 12:00 PM
GasStation
Advanced

How is the magnet strength with the Rennline; I have a iPhone 8+ which has wireless charging which means the metal plate needs to be attached on the bottom third of the phone so as not to interfere with the wireless charging feature.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:01 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 169 Posts

I like the factory cupholder as it snugs pretty tight to the phone.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:04 PM
GasStation
Advanced

Not sure I understand what you mean. However, the installation of the Rennline phone mount as provided for by 928 GT R will impede the deployment of the cup holder. As such, I think I will order the Rennline pedestal or console mount to be installed on the right hand side or passenger side of the vehicle.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:11 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 169 Posts

Not sure I understand what you mean. However, the installation of the Rennline phone mount as provided for by 928 GT R will impede the deployment of the cup holder. As such, I think I will order the Rennline pedestal or console mount to be installed on the right hand side or passenger side of the vehicle.
I put the phone in the cupholder and cinch it tight. Holds it facing me just right.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:12 PM
GasStation
Advanced

I see said the blind man.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:36 PM
928 GT R
Rennlist Member

Received 5,597 Likes on 2,146 Posts

How is the magnet strength with the Rennline; I have a iPhone 8+ which has wireless charging which means the metal plate needs to be attached on the bottom third of the phone so as not to interfere with the wireless charging feature.
I would call the company on that one. I use an Apple 10 and the magnet is in the middle. The phone you have is larger and with the magnet on the bottom it will create some serious leverage.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:19 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 436 Likes on 285 Posts

I have the rennline one and an XS Max. No real issues here.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:34 AM
GasStation
Advanced

Did you install your Rennline on the console or dash? Can you eventually post a pix.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:34 PM
YetiRojo
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Did you install your Rennline on the console or dash? Can you eventually post a pix.
i also installed the Rennline on my dash on the passenger side.

I have an iPhone X, and I found that by putting the circular metal plate that comes with the Magnetic mount at the very top of the phone, the phone stays in place perfectly and I still have magnetic charging.

After putting the mount in the 911 my wife asked why I hadn’t done the same thing in her QX80. I bought the Pro Clip for her car and I can tell you that the magnet in the Pro Clip is MUCH stronger than the Rennline. However, the way I have mine set up the bottom of the phone rests on the console and it doesn’t move at all.
Old 05-02-2019, 12:22 AM
GasStation
Advanced

Do you mean the "magnet in the Scocshe MagicMount" vs Pro Clip is MUCH stronger?

If I install a Rennline it will be on the console passenger side. Numerous YouTube videos mention the interference with the cup holder. I also do not want to block the PCM display.

Quick Reply: Great 991 phone holder option