Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fashion grey 2015 GT3 available

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 08:15 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Yup, a very MEH color. At least that Canadian car seems to be specced right.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:22 PM
Nick
Race Car

Received 197 Likes on 97 Posts

Normally I am not a big fan of grey on a sport car. But at the Porsche museum in Atlanta they had this European car which is not available in the US. It looked fabulous. Not sure if the color is available in the US unless it is fashionable grey.
Attached Images    
Old 05-21-2015, 08:56 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a hideous color
Old 05-21-2015, 08:58 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Normally I am not a big fan of grey on a sport car. But at the Porsche museum in Atlanta they had this European car which is not available in the US. It looked fabulous. Not sure if the color is available in the US unless it is fashionable grey.
That is 'Sport Classic Grey' and so far I have only seen it available on that Limited Edition model:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/4...t-Classic.html

There was report recently at the forum that PAG agreed to paint a 918 in that color, but that is not yet confirmed. 'Sport Classic Grey' has been requested by many of PAG & 'Porsche Exclusive'. But so far, PAG has denied these requests, preserving the exclusivity of this color for those original 250 owners of these LE model.

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS A few were imported to the US, although not certified for road use. So in private collections.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,660 Likes on 771 Posts

Love those medium greys
Old 05-21-2015, 09:12 PM
Shrevehorn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually it looks good.

But $30k over? Really.

I want one bad, but would never do that. Just me.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:03 PM
Nick
Race Car

Received 197 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
That is 'Sport Classic Grey' and so far I have only seen it available on that Limited Edition model:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/4...t-Classic.html

There was report recently at the forum that PAG agreed to paint a 918 in that color, but that is not yet confirmed. 'Sport Classic Grey' has been requested by many of PAG & 'Porsche Exclusive'. But so far, PAG has denied these requests, preserving the exclusivity of this color for those original 250 owners of these LE model.

Saludos,
Eduardo

PS A few were imported to the US, although not certified for road use. So in private collections.
Eduardo, you know your stuff!

BTW, is it a 30K upcharge for the sport classic grey?
Old 05-21-2015, 11:08 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

BTW, is it a 30K upcharge for the sport classic grey?
It's my understanding that the $30K upcharge being talked about on this thread involves the 'Fashion Grey / Modegrau' gt3 at Rusnak Pasadena:

Originally Posted by electron mike
West coast dealer wants $30k over if anybody is interested. I passed on the offer.
Originally Posted by electron mike
Yes, Rusnak.
We have discussed the bizarre history of how Rusnak Pasadena handled (or mishandled) this allocation for several months now. They originally claimed it was a PTS 'Mexico Blue' gt3 and wanted $40K over MSRP!

See post #185

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...y-gt3s-13.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 05-22-2015, 12:14 AM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 278 Posts

That car is wicked! I love the wheels and the ducktail.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:41 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

if it was 30 under I still don't know if I would buy it
Old 05-22-2015, 02:25 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 658 Likes on 309 Posts

On principle alone, no effing way 30K over. I for one would also like to see some of these high end Porsche buyers start saying no to these premiums and let these cars sit until they are sold at MSRP. Rusnak would be the first dealer to hit the bad dealer list.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:31 AM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 312 Likes on 165 Posts

The Sport Classic in this gray w/contrasting stripes is my all time favorite 911. I WANT ONE.

Although I wouldn't pay second sticker the dealer is asking, I would easily pay the option price for the leather on the seat backs -- it takes the seats upscale, viewing from the side and rear. The standard plastic shells are as cheap looking as they are unattractive. Of course, the LWBs are unparalleled for comfort, grip and looks.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:14 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Since I have the only Fashion grey GT3 so far, I guess I'll chime in here too. The colour is definitely a bit polarizing, even to me. It is not everyone's cup of tea, in fact, there are days when I wish I'd chosen a bright, dazzling PTS colour instead too (until my wife reminds me that would be a no go!). I've previously posted it can look a bit washed out in bright light, and sometimes more yellow than I'd like in certain lighting conditions. So I wouldn't disagree with those who honestly feel that way about it. But in other lighting it's just amazing! For a subtle, DD car, it's very unique and much nicer in person than photos show (imo of course). As a result, I'm much less concerned occasionally parking the car in a public lot that it'll attract a lot of attention, which is important for my use of the car. Plus, I agree with some others that the Sport Classic was one of the most memorable and desirable and interesting-looking 911s ever, and fashion grey is about as close to that colour as you'll get. I love that fashion grey has historic significance, and that some really old colours are being recycled and look cool on modern cars. So overall, it is really perfect for what I wanted, and I couldn't be happier with my choice (unless I had two GT3s, or say an RS, with the second in a great blue or yellow or something very bold!).

That said, I personally don't love the colour enough to pay $30K over for it (and that is apart from my general reluctance to pay over MSRP). I specced my car with all the options I wanted, and I'm very happy with it, but that is the only way I'd want to do it.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:24 PM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Since I have the only Fashion grey GT3 so far, I guess I'll chime in here too. The colour is definitely a bit polarizing, even to me. It is not everyone's cup of tea, in fact, there are days when I wish I'd chosen a bright, dazzling PTS colour instead too (until my wife reminds me that would be a no go!). I've previously posted it can look a bit washed out in bright light, and sometimes more yellow than I'd like in certain lighting conditions. So I wouldn't disagree with those who honestly feel that way about it. But in other lighting it's just amazing! For a subtle, DD car, it's very unique and much nicer in person than photos show (imo of course). As a result, I'm much less concerned occasionally parking the car in a public lot that it'll attract a lot of attention, which is important for my use of the car. Plus, I agree with some others that the Sport Classic was one of the most memorable and desirable and interesting-looking 911s ever, and fashion grey is about as close to that colour as you'll get. I love that fashion grey has historic significance, and that some really old colours are being recycled and look cool on modern cars. So overall, it is really perfect for what I wanted, and I couldn't be happier with my choice (unless I had two GT3s, or say an RS, with the second in a great blue or yellow or something very bold!).

That said, I personally don't love the colour enough to pay $30K over for it (and that is apart from my general reluctance to pay over MSRP). I specced my car with all the options I wanted, and I'm very happy with it, but that is the only way I'd want to do it.

I Put it on the gorgeous end of the polarizing spectrum. Congrats!
Old 05-22-2015, 01:04 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
We have discussed the bizarre history of how Rusnak Pasadena handled (or mishandled) this allocation for several months now. They originally claimed it was a PTS 'Mexico Blue' gt3 and wanted $40K over MSRP!

See post #185

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...y-gt3s-13.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Correct. Hence my post #6 in this thread.

Quick Reply: Fashion grey 2015 GT3 available