Sponsored by:

GT3RS revelations live from the Geneva Motor Show

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 631 Likes on 387 Posts
Default GT3RS revelations live from the Geneva Motor Show

I was lucky enough to have travel for work to Europe during this week, so I decided to take a hopper flight to Geneva to check out the show today.

Porsche is letting folks sit in both the GT3RS and GT4 in the roped off area, so I got to sit in both and really check them out closely first hand. Here are a set of revelations from carefully looking at the car at the show:

- With orange interior, there is an orange stripe on steering wheel (not yellow)

- The front Porsche emblem is a sticker

- There is a "GT3RS 4.0" badge on the engine cover, putting those 3.9L rumors to an end!

- The tachometer face is gray like the GT3, not white

- The pull strap door handle pulls are hard to use

- There are special plastic side panels in back with cutouts in the plastic for the club sport bar (I need some of these for my GT3!)

- The headlight washer nozzles are black

- The car looks high off the ground! Surprisingly high.

- Confirmed with the folks running the floor that the "Ultraviolet" is a solid color (not metallic)

- On the car here, the rear side windows and back window are polycarbonate (they flex easily when pressed on)

My only revelation for the GT4 is that the clutch is crazy stiff!

I have a ton of pictures backing each one of these up that I'll post once I get back to the hotel. If anybody has any specific things they want me to look for, I'll be here at the show another 3 hours or so, so post here and let me know! Then I take off back to the states in the morning.

Last edited by Mech33; 03-05-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:18 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome info, thanks.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:21 AM
ZZinger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the Geneva car have alacantara or microfiber interior?. If possible feel the microfiber and take a few close up pictures. We have no idea what that material is going to look like.

Other than that looking forward to the pictures!

Have fun
Old 03-05-2015, 11:23 AM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
I was lucky enough to have travel for work to Europe during this week, so I decided to take a hopper flight to Geneva to check out the show today.

Porsche is letting folks sit in both the GT3RS and GT4 in the roped off area, so I got to sit in both and really check them out closely first hand. Here are a set of revelations from carefully looking at the car at the show:

- With orange interior, there is an orange stripe on steering wheel (not yellow)

- There is a "GT3RS 4.0" badge on the engine cover, putting those 3.9L rumors to an end!

- The ms trap door handle pulls are hard to use

- There are special plastic side panels in back with cutouts in the plastic for the club sport bar (I need some of these for my GT3!)

- Confirmed with the folks running the floor that the "Ultraviolet" is a solid color (not metallic)

- On the car here, the rear side windows and back window are polycarbonate (they flex easily when pressed on)

I have a ton of pictures backing each one of these up that I'll post once I get back to the hotel. If anybody has any specific things they want me to look for, I'll be here at the show another 3 hours or so, so post here and let me know! Then I take off back to the states in the morning.
Thank you for Your report. Can you please find out about total production numbers and possible US market allocation and if this model is a limited production model?
Old 03-05-2015, 11:24 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33

- The ms trap door handle pulls are hard to use

^Good info!
-what are your impressions of the Lava Orange?
-can you inquire as to suspension differences from the GT3...other than helper springs in rear?
-Different steering wheel shift paddles than GT3?
-Any changes to the PDK-S?
Thanks for your help, and enjoy your trip!
Old 03-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Napoli
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the observations.

Impressed? Disappointed?

If you were hoping to own one of these cars and are in the position to do so, are you now more or less likely to buy either?
Old 03-05-2015, 11:42 AM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CGT000
Thank you for Your report. Can you please find out about total production numbers and possible US market allocation and if this model is a limited production model?
+1

I've heard a ton of speculation and conjecture, but last I heard there were only going to be 600 cars? What exactly is the production number?? 1500?
Old 03-05-2015, 11:45 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

I use the lift on my GT3, but it seems the RS may not need the lift based on your comments. Any further thoughts on the car's ground clearance? Thanks for the post.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Thanks for good report!
Old 03-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 631 Likes on 387 Posts

Will get an up close pic of the microfiber and ask about production numbers. The other personal opinion questions I'll answer in a few hours when I post pics. Anything else??

Just enjoying a beer in the Porsche VIP lounge with a nice view of the GT4 and GT3RS... Rough life today.
Attached Images  
Old 03-05-2015, 12:26 PM
hotwired
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the great info! I'm curious if they will eventually offer a pdk option in the gt4 or a manual version of the gt3rs.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:27 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

4.0......nice.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:28 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwired
Thanks for the great info! I'm curious if they will eventually offer a pdk option in the gt4 or a manual version of the gt3rs.
My guesses are yes and no, respectively.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:31 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Great info, thanks for sharing.....looks like all around a lot of fun....
Old 03-05-2015, 12:38 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Mech33. My PAG contact was there 24 hrs ago and now left otherwise I would have hooked you up!! I just posted his pics elsewhere on here.

A few things to add/take note. The car appears quite high and the front lip spoiler is very thick. One of my friends who saw the car at Geneva asked why so humungous and thick and no one knows?

Wheels have different detailing around CL mechanism. Check it out. They are quite a different design (shape of blades and dish probably from width).

The orange "microfibre" is interesting but I think will not wear well. What is micofibre.

Car looks better with standard black headlights IMO.

Nothing else I can think. of. Thanks mate!

Quick Reply: GT3RS revelations live from the Geneva Motor Show