Sponsored by:

MPSC2 N1 on 991.1 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 06:41 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by levd
No difference that I could possibly feel. At least on dry surface.

I would say it's impossible for average Joe to get any lap time improvement over N0 on dry track.
that is too bad was hoping it would be noticeable even to a novice like me
Old 07-28-2017, 11:52 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,268 Likes on 2,436 Posts

No difference that I could possibly feel. At least on dry surface.

I would say it's impossible for average Joe to get any lap time improvement over N0 on dry track.
No offense, but it makes no sense that the N1 wouldn't be noticeably faster than the N0. How much track experience do you have?
Old 07-29-2017, 01:40 AM
levd
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not much experience.

As I said, I'm just an average Joe.

2000 laps in 4 years on our local track (6500km) plus 2000-3000 km on other European tracks like Spa Francorchamps, Nürburgring, Hockenheim etc combined.

To give you some idea of skill level:

For experienced driver there is most likely some difference, but for my level of skill there isn't any.
Old 07-29-2017, 06:59 PM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
No offense, but it makes no sense that the N1 wouldn't be noticeably faster than the N0. How much track experience do you have?
Levd has a lot of track experience to feel the difference.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Spacedust
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you try the new Pirelli Corsa N0 as I do on my new 991.2 GT3.
My impresion is there are not a lot faster, but a lot easier to drive, because you feel the edge of the grip limit smoother and easier then with the Cup2.
You remember the fast times of the new GTS with the Pirelli Corsa and the information of Christian Gebhardt of the German magazine "Sport Auto", that they are easier to drive with more confidence ...

Old 07-30-2017, 10:00 AM
levd
Pro

Originally Posted by EST
Levd has a lot of track experience to feel the difference.
The quality of my track experience is not great and my ability to feel the edge of the grip is rather weak, but I'm 100% sure both are not less than average 991 GT3 track user has. So there's no difference between N0 and N1 for average user like me.

I'd say I really expected to feel some difference, but whatever this difference is, it's WAY out of my league to understand.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:29 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 625 Likes on 299 Posts

New P Zero is essentially a toned down Trofeo R, correct?
Old 07-30-2017, 01:35 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

The quality of my track experience is not great and my ability to feel the edge of the grip is rather weak, but I'm 100% sure both are not less than average 991 GT3 track user has. So there's no difference between N0 and N1 for average user like me.

I'd say I really expected to feel some difference, but whatever this difference is, it's WAY out of my league to understand.
I don't really think in terms of "average" for track experience. At events I attend which have instructed drivers, the experience level ranges from zero to 200+ days, with people spread across the spectrum. Drivers who get within a couple seconds of pro lap times can typically tell the difference between tires. Drivers who aren't close to those times may or may not be able to tell the difference between tires, but the driver will usually be a bigger variable than the tire.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:18 PM
levd
Pro

Originally Posted by Manifold
I don't really think in terms of "average" for track experience. At events I attend which have instructed drivers, the experience level ranges from zero to 200+ days, with people spread across the spectrum. Drivers who get within a couple seconds of pro lap times can typically tell the difference between tires.
My experience is 50-100 track days, I'm within 1-2 seconds of pro lap times for 991.1 GT3 on local track (3.2 km).

I can tell no difference between N0 and N1. I believe pro drivers most likely can. I have no illusion about my level of skill. I can drive fast, but I'm not a good driver. Still, as I already said, I expected to feel at least SOME difference.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:08 PM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Levd is very humble guy and he helped me a lot when I first started driving on the track.
Respect Levd! So I know he has the experience to feel the difference of these tires.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:54 PM
levd
Pro

Originally Posted by EST
Levd is very humble guy and he helped me a lot when I first started driving on the track.
Respect Levd! So I know he has the experience to feel the difference of these tires.
Thank you for kindness.

I actually believe there IS a difference. Just it's not really big and therefore a bit hard to feel for anyone but pro or very advanced amateur.

When guys who are good enough to effectively use the limit of tire grip will get their first sets of N1s, community will get a higher quality feedback than I can provide. I would not bet any money on my "2 cents" about these tires anyway.

If new compound is really "noticeably faster", it's great. If my personal impression later appears to be wrong, I deeply apologise in advance.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:21 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Thank you for kindness.

I actually believe there IS a difference. Just it's not really big and therefore a bit hard to feel for anyone but pro or very advanced amateur.

When guys who are good enough to effectively use the limit of tire grip will get their first sets of N1s, community will get a higher quality feedback than I can provide. I would not bet any money on my "2 cents" about these tires anyway.

If new compound is really "noticeably faster", it's great. If my personal impression later appears to be wrong, I deeply apologise in advance.
did you see a drop in lap times compared to the N0?
Old 07-30-2017, 04:36 PM
levd
Pro

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
did you see a drop in lap times compared to the N0?
No. I'm rather a bit slower on N1.

The only thing I noticed is N1 (new) compound tends to overheat and loose grip faster than N0 on tracks with no long straights to cool the tires.

But as this may also sound like "nonsense", I might be wrong with this impression too.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:45 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

My experience is 50-100 track days, I'm within 1-2 seconds of pro lap times for 991.1 GT3 on local track (3.2 km).

I can tell no difference between N0 and N1. I believe pro drivers most likely can. I have no illusion about my level of skill. I can drive fast, but I'm not a good driver. Still, as I already said, I expected to feel at least SOME difference.
That's plenty of experience, and fast lap times. So I'm even more baffled now as to why you didn't find the N1 faster. Let's see what kind of data we get as more people try the tire.

Quick Reply: MPSC2 N1 on 991.1 GT3