Sponsored by:

Sat in the 991.2 GT3 today

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 06:25 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb
If it was the .1 heavier than the .2 that would make perfect sense (manual transmission), but otherwise... Not sure where the 40 lbs would have come from either, as I can't see enough that's changed. Diffuser, longer stronger crank, N1 spec tires, etc don't seem to add up. And then admitting that the press packs and DOT figures are wrong? Will be interesting to get out the scales...
Agree... was surprised to hear it too. Only one way to find out! However, I'm not of the caliber driver where 30 lbs matters
Old 05-28-2017, 06:48 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,324 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
The source was the head of sports cars for PCNA and no chance I misheard. Not saying it's fact but it's definitely what I heard.
He's a big deal I'm sure, but AP himself said the .2 weighs the same as the .1, right after he described the additional steps they took to lighten the car after including the larger heavier engine, so that the .2 wouldn't be heavier than the .1.

I believe AP over any PCNA exec.

Last edited by Drifting; 05-28-2017 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:01 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Drifting
He's a big deal I'm sure, but AP himself said the .2 weighs the same as the .1, right after he described the additional steps they took to lighten the car after including the larger heavier engine, so that the .2 wouldn't be heavier than the .1.

I believe AP over any PCNA exec.

Agree! AP for the win!
Old 05-29-2017, 02:16 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Interestingly, at the event, I was told the 991.2 Gt3 is 30-40 lbs heavier than the .1.
Was this while you were sitting in the car?.. in which case consider he was being complimentary to you, maybe even flirting
Old 05-29-2017, 07:48 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Was this while you were sitting in the car?.. in which case consider he was being complimentary to you, maybe even flirting

The casecracker! That must be it!! The car, with me in it is 30 lbs heavier than me in the 991 back in 2014.

In fact that's true for the 991.1 as well. With me in it, the car has incredibly gained 30 lbs over the last 3 years.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:59 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Props to PCNA for looking at these forums. Andrew Lennon PM'ed me to clarify the discussion. The US car will differ in weight from the European car due to various specs / safety requirements etc. We aren't talking about a lot of weight here, and I think Andrew's point was that we could see some weight differences based upon country, spec, etc. Not specifically differences in 991.1 vs 991.2

So in the end the .2 will weigh the same as the .1.

Andrew was a great resource and I think the most impressive thing is that they care enough to reach out with clarification.

Big brother is watching
Old 05-29-2017, 08:10 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Now big brother just needs to give me an allocation !!

LOL
Old 05-29-2017, 08:16 PM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

i LOVED the wagon. It's awesome and actually has a ton of space in the back. Much more room than the macan (i owned one) and it looks awesome in person. If you are a wagon guy you will be thrilled. They started that one too and omg the exhaust note is amazing. It was a turbo.
In my opinion the wagon fixes everything that looked off about the silhouette of the standard Panamera. I've been dropping hints to my wife of an upgrade from the Macan to the Sport Turismo
Old 05-29-2017, 08:48 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Props to PCNA for looking at these forums. Andrew Lennon PM'ed me to clarify the discussion. The US car will differ in weight from the European car due to various specs / safety requirements etc. We aren't talking about a lot of weight here, and I think Andrew's point was that we could see some weight differences based upon country, spec, etc. Not specifically differences in 991.1 vs 991.2

Andrew was a great resource and I think the most impressive thing is that they care enough to reach out with clarification.

Big brother is watching
Very nice of Andrew to let you know.
I think we all knew the Big brother is paying attention.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:27 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Big brother is watching

Ok class, now what did we learn today about secret visitors when they come to our SPESHOL class?.

That's right, we all smile and welcome our visitor. Today our visitor is hiding behind that one-sided screen in our phones class, his name is "Andrew" and even though you can't see him, "Andrew" is part of a team of people who controls your every emotion whether you know it or not.. so it pays to be nice to "Andrew" class.

Now, if you want a car as speshol as you all think you are, a manual car with a flippin naturally aspirated engine, and you want "andrew" to maybe let you have the honor of giving his company $150k-200k of your money.. I suggest you all give "andrew" a warm rennlist special ed. Class welcome. Ready?

KERMIT!... you BAD BOY! Are you trying to get your teacher banned again? Don't you EVER show your underside like that to our guest again or I'll shove my fist right UP YOUR... mmmmgrmph......

Sorry about that "andrew", Kermit (aka USCtrojan) is still butt-hurt about not getting a PTS viper green allocation... im sure you understand don't you.... "andrew"
Attached Images         
Old 06-07-2017, 08:44 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Ok class, now what did we learn today about secret visitors when they come to our SPESHOL class?.

That's right, we all smile and welcome our visitor. Today our visitor is hiding behind that one-sided screen in our phones class, his name is "Andrew" and even though you can't see him, "Andrew" is part of a team of people who controls your every emotion whether you know it or not.. so it pays to be nice to "Andrew" class.

Now, if you want a car as speshol as you all think you are, a manual car with a flippin naturally aspirated engine, and you want "andrew" to maybe let you have the honor of giving his company $150k-200k of your money.. I suggest you all give "andrew" a warm rennlist special ed. Class welcome. Ready?

KERMIT!... you BAD BOY! Are you trying to get your teacher banned again? Don't you EVER show your underside like that to our guest again or I'll shove my fist right UP YOUR... mmmmgrmph......

Sorry about that "andrew", Kermit (aka USCtrojan) is still butt-hurt about not getting a PTS viper green allocation... im sure you understand don't you.... "andrew"

WTF is wrong with you man?
Old 06-07-2017, 09:02 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

WTF is wrong with you man?
Scenarios just appear in my head and I need to play them out... it's 3am in istnabul and lots of disgusting liquorice shots are inside me.. it's the liquorice talking not me.
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2017, 09:35 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

It was my understanding you were in Constantinople
Old 06-07-2017, 09:49 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All hope for a normal Alex has gone by the Bayside.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:13 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,670 Likes on 775 Posts

Step away from the liquorice...

Quick Reply: Sat in the 991.2 GT3 today