Sponsored by:

PORSCHE 991 GT3RS is STILL KING

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 06:50 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Let's not start another .2 is better than the .1RS, please and thank you.
Originally Posted by WernerE
I'm in favor of rebranding the next RS as a 991.3 GT3 to save us from "an RS is an RS..." WHATEVER that is apart from reaching for a few things in the parts bin and slapping a sticker on its butt to save weight. Lol
bronson7, I agree entirely because... wait for it...

an RS is an RS...

Old 05-06-2017, 07:34 PM
fun2k
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku

an RS is an RS...

RS

Name:  ResizedImage750500-RS-Sport-Ltd-Front34-White.png
Views: 735
Size:  293.4 KB

GT3

Name:  2014-porsche-911-gt3-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-503471-s-450x274.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  18.1 KB

RS

Name:  56099eef994e4cf5bf7641ce4d2f29c2.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  100.0 KB

GT3

Name:  porsche-911-gt3-image.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  167.5 KB

9000 REVS IS 9000 REVS
Old 05-06-2017, 08:48 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku

an RS is an RS...

You got me.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:48 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

What's impressive it is the fact that Harris is a very well respected auto journalist and he could've picked a .2 GT3 to match up but did not. This tells you his immense respect and affection for the RS

Further, the fact that the car is now two years post launch and is still preferred by him over the AMG GTR which is quite an impressive piece of kit, AMGs most recent finally tuned weapon and a track monster speaks volumes for what a terrific car 991 RS really is.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:18 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

I agree with you. The RS is a beast- no question. If I liked the styling more and it had a Manual would be in my garage. If they decide to put the Manual option in the .2 RS I may have to compromise my the big wing and turbo scoops and buy one
Old 05-06-2017, 10:49 PM
Seranad
Instructor

Originally Posted by Waxer
What's impressive it is the fact that Harris is a very well respected auto journalist and he could've picked a .2 GT3 to match up but did not. This tells you his immense respect and affection for the RS
No he could not have Picked the gt3.2
Although he would have loved too

Right now only press events in controlled environments are scheduled

So no comparison reviews are possible yet
Old 05-06-2017, 11:51 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 364 Posts

Took my RS out today for a drive and will do so again tomorrow. Back of my head was thinking a little about the new GT3 and how great it will be. Then I revved my car out a couple of gears and thought "You're an idiot; your car is plenty awesome".

I'm glad they keep making ever GT car better than the one that came before. I'm a decent driver and I can't nearly extract everything out of my RS nor could I out of a new GT3. The RS is already so fast on track that I just don't have the ***** to go flat out (Trak Car style) but it's exhilarating anyway.

I don't understand why one car has to be better than any other. I love all GT cars and would be happy to own any one of them. If you're a car guy, the best GT car should be the one you own.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:06 AM
Seranad
Instructor

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Took my RS out today for a drive and will do so again tomorrow. Back of my head was thinking a little about the new GT3 and how great it will be. Then I revved my car out a couple of gears and thought "You're an idiot; your car is plenty awesome".

I'm glad they keep making ever GT car better than the one that came before. I'm a decent driver and I can't nearly extract everything out of my RS nor could I out of a new GT3. The RS is already so fast on track that I just don't have the ***** to go flat out (Trak Car style) but it's exhilarating anyway.

I don't understand why one car has to be better than any other. I love all GT cars and would be happy to own any one of them. If you're a car guy, the best GT car should be the one you own.
Well said
Old 05-07-2017, 01:10 AM
Jono809
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

+1!!

I was sitting at this little village cafe yesterday watching the sun reflecting off the channel in the CF bonnet that runs up along the magnesium roof...then seeing the air intakes in your side mirrors, so special.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:29 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

A .1 RS is waaay slower anywhere than AMG GT R

Harris doesn t eat at MB table (yet)

but i am expecting a veeery quick change as done for Giulia(FCA) Vs M4

you guys look more harris comics than facts

Last edited by fxz; 05-07-2017 at 03:43 AM.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:20 AM
rave426
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ speed does not equate to enjoyment all of the time. He never said the AMG was slower. Its a shame that the world is stuck on speed and 0-60 times.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:24 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You hit the nail on the head.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:30 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

My god I love this post. Finally someone with a bit of maturity. Offcourse the .2GT3 is better. And offcourse the .2RS will be even better. And offcourse the 992 will top all of the above ... That's the way the Porsche cookie crumbles ...
But ChrisF has the maturity to see he is driving the king of the hill in its generation, he is driving a masterpiece, something that gives him the chills everytime he gets in and drives the crap out of it !

In two months I will be getting my own "at the moment" king of the hill .2GT3 I will love it, pamper it and drive it like a madman. Yes next year it will be obsolete and old news when the .2RS comes but I couldn't care less. I'm not dumping a huge amount of cash after a year on another car, I prefer driving and enjoying what I have to the fullest. The value of the car is what you get out of it in enjoyment, not what a community, forum or Nurburgringtime dictates is the current king of the hill !

Good on you ChrisF !
Old 05-07-2017, 12:00 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

The 991.2 GT3 (and soon .2 RS) is the best now imo, until the 992 comes out. Then that car will be surpassed by the 992.2. All you can do is jump in when it makes sense for you, and enjoy whatever car that was. Instead of thinking about values, depreciation, and what other cars might be better, I am just trying to experience 100% of the car I have. That means spirited drives, occasional track use, road trips, various mods, doing my own maintenance, etc. I paid a lot for this car, and I want my money's worth.

That's MY plan. I fully respect anyone who wants the latest, turns cars over frequently, gets bored, etc. No wrong answer.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:47 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Deleted.

Quick Reply: PORSCHE 991 GT3RS is STILL KING