Sponsored by:

Manual .2 GT3 for a 2016 RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 02:10 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I am not in same boat and I am sure there are others in my camp, as well.

I would rather have a GT3 than an RS. I am not a huge fan of the wing and turbo like side scoops. Now, I also do not track so I do not need all that aero. GT3 better looking car and now with a 4.0 500 HP Manual I would not even swap for a PTS RS. Different strokes for different folks.

Your right - "An RS is an RS". Hence I do not want one. If I did would be driving one. I know this sound nuts but I chose a GT4 over an RS. It is not always about having the latest and greatest for me.

I have been is search of the Perfect car for me that checks all my boxes. I think the GT4 came close but just needs that GT3 motor. The .2 GT3 may be that "Special" one that does it for me - at least for now
Originally Posted by Drifting
I am with Jimmy, Bronson, and others on this. The GT3 is perfect for me, and I don't desire an RS. If I was offered the choice of only a .2GT3 or only .2 RS at MSRP, I would take the .2 GT3.

Personally I like that the GT3 looks like a purposeful sports car that is ready for the track, but not "only" for the track like an RS, which looks the business on the track but looks way over the top driving the car anywhere else with side air scoops front and rear, and the insanely big wing.

An RS is an RS, but a GT3 is a GT3 and it's important to know that not all GT3 drivers secretly want an RS but couldn't swing it for some reason. Some of us prefer the GT3 over the RS.

That doesn't diminish the greatness of the RS and I"m glad the RS is around for all my friends who prefer an RS.
Agree. Well stated fellas.

Great that there are outstanding GT choices (if you can get one).
Old 04-13-2017, 03:05 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
I put 38k miles on my 2010 gt3. That car was the love of my life until this 2011 was offered by a local RL'er. The RS has things I personally love - the chatter, the steering / handling - hard to describe just feels different.

Also had a 2016 GT3 and put 7k miles on. Amazing car - but again the 16 RS just feels better to me, and excites me more.

To each is own - absolutely nothing wrong with either choice. Pretty safe to say all GT cars are amazing, and we're lucky to have options.
WONDERFUL
sometimes it's best just add and not trade. less headache.
i will be at the house with the red lantern tonight.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:13 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 646 Likes on 308 Posts

No chance of trading an RS for lowly GT3. Waiting for 488 Speciale or RS.2.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:48 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I could have gotten a pretty good deal on a .1 RS but decided to wait on the .2 GT3 as I wanted manual. That being said, if I had an RS already I wouldn't trade it for a .2 GT3. It is hard to go backwards. I really like the new front bumper and rear tail lights, though. Not to mention, the new engine is better and should put down more power and torque.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:00 PM
fun2k
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive done it. Only reason being manual transmission in the new car. Gone from 997.2 gt3 to 991 gt3 - 991 gt3 rs - c7 z06. Best time Ive had in any car so far was in 997.2 gt3(Oh why did i sell it ) Back in the day other cars were much quicker(same as today) but lacked the interaction the 911 GT cars.

On the read cars were far from perfect,they used to understeer soo bad, the long gearing the stiff suspension the elephant clutch etc. Had the opportunity to upgrade to 4.0 or rs but didnt think it was worth the extra money at the time.
But once in a while it becomes best driving experiences you can have in any car once you nail everything down properly, do a perfect rev match down shift in the right gear and come out of a corner like an insane lunatic from hell. Yeah the car was not fun to drive at low speeds contrary to what many have suggested here.(of coarse also depends on the kind of roads you have)

On the road the interaction with a manual is soo much more fun, I just hope the new car is as fun if not more than the last manual I drove.

Both the new gt3 and rs felt very similar to me and I just dont see the uptake on the new rs compared to the regular gt3. On the track might be a different story but on the road from a drivers perspective you're not losing much other than some more noises from the side intakes.

Call me crazy but i even like the 997 interior better than the new ones.
If I dont get a manual gt3 i will buy a gt4.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:20 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,086 Likes on 622 Posts

Comes down to usage. RS is a track car for me and I like PDK. No reason to trade it.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:12 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by fun2k
Ive done it. Only reason being manual transmission in the new car. Gone from 997.2 gt3 to 991 gt3 - 991 gt3 rs - c7 z06. Best time Ive had in any car so far was in 997.2 gt3(Oh why did i sell it ) Back in the day other cars were much quicker(same as today) but lacked the interaction the 911 GT cars.

On the read cars were far from perfect,they used to understeer soo bad, the long gearing the stiff suspension the elephant clutch etc. Had the opportunity to upgrade to 4.0 or rs but didnt think it was worth the extra money at the time.
But once in a while it becomes best driving experiences you can have in any car once you nail everything down properly, do a perfect rev match down shift in the right gear and come out of a corner like an insane lunatic from hell. Yeah the car was not fun to drive at low speeds contrary to what many have suggested here.(of coarse also depends on the kind of roads you have)

On the road the interaction with a manual is soo much more fun, I just hope the new car is as fun if not more than the last manual I drove.

Both the new gt3 and rs felt very similar to me and I just dont see the uptake on the new rs compared to the regular gt3. On the track might be a different story but on the road from a drivers perspective you're not losing much other than some more noises from the side intakes.

Call me crazy but i even like the 997 interior better than the new ones.
If I dont get a manual gt3 i will buy a gt4.
I totally agree with you. I would pick the 991gt3 over the 991rs. First time I've ever felt that way.

They are both amazing cars. I prefer the look of the gt3. Inside/outside/engine/ everything is in harmony with the 991gt3. One of the best looking cars Porsche ever made.

Quick Reply: Manual .2 GT3 for a 2016 RS