Sponsored by:

Swap out RS sun visors ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 12:43 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Liter
^ - I will . I left the shop an hour ago and it still was undetectable so I'm hopeful . I had 3 things on my '' to do '' list after taking delivery ; euro clear markers - dealer installed them before delivery , the stickers on the visors and having my wing end plates painted Guards Red to match my wheels , hub caps , mirrors and graphics . No idea why Exclusive wouldn't do them with all the other work they did . I removed the end plates a couple days ago and hope to run them up to Jim Newton at Auto Associates for painting on Monday . Car will be ''done '' then .
^ Don't forget the yellow stickers on the seat backs...gently warm them w/ a hair dryer. They will peal off in one piece.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GTEE3
^ Don't forget the yellow stickers on the seat backs...gently warm them w/ a hair dryer. They will peal off in one piece.
Thanks for the tip on the hairdryer - they came right off and just had to deal with the glue residue with the 91% alcohol . Nice to look through the back window and not have that yellow jump out at you . I thought I'd mention that I don't have any trace of the outline of the decals on the visors . When I first finished cleaning the glue residue off you could still see the outline of the whole sticker . I then buffed the visors with a cloth with Armor All and it went away , but I wasn't sure if it would reappear after a day or two . Seems fine . Nice to both save some money and be able to do the job w/o removing them from the car . I'd advise anyone who wants to remove these stickers to do them as soon after taking delivery as you can - I think the longer they stay on the harder they will be to remove . Thanks again to all who offered tips and advice . My wing end plates are with Auto Associates of Canton so the last job is at hand . Some day I may get to drive the car more than the 50 feet ( in and out of the trailer taking it home ) I've done so far .
Old 03-23-2017, 12:53 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

^I am no expert on CF, but I used a cleaner (Simple Green) on the seat back residue. A little milder than the alcohol? I finished w/ some cleaner wax to protect the CF finish from Sun light.
And finally, if the back of your head doesn't need the protection of the head rest bumper on the LWBs, pop those out...the seat CF will look undisturbed! PM me if you need help.

Quick Reply: Swap out RS sun visors ?