Sponsored by:

PTS 991.2 GT3 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 775 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
Just for clarification RS Green is on the left? Signal Green in middle? Viper Green on the right?
My semi-educated guess: yes.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:02 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
My semi-educated guess: yes.
If we are both right then middle would be my pick out of the 3 but maybe in person i'd go with something else
Old 03-08-2017, 06:16 PM
mywave
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just for clarification RS Green is on the left? Signal Green in middle? Viper Green on the right?
According to that post he says " So from left to right. We have - RS Green - Viper Green - Signal Green. "
Old 03-08-2017, 06:30 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will say Signal is in the middle, Viper on the right.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:31 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by tstafford
Guessing you have one on the car? If you trade up and can't use it, PM me. I'll likely take it off your hands.
Will do
Old 03-09-2017, 12:21 AM
RupeTN
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, that is correct !

Leh had these painted for my Safari build he is doing. Really helped in making my final choice, being able to take them out in the sun, see how the light rolls off the shoulders, contrast in the shadows, etc.

Hopefully will be done in the next couple of months, can't wait.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:47 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 748 Posts

I've had Viper Green on my mind for GT3 since this thread. Though if faced with the decision I may not roll the dice and wait to see if it's possible.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...y-leipzig.html
Old 03-09-2017, 08:00 AM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 90 Posts

My signal green next to my friends viper green, i hope this helps
Attached Images         
Old 03-09-2017, 11:03 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

AC, thanks for those photos. Really great comparison.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:31 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
Unless you are a 918 VIP or else number one on your dealer's list of non-918 VIPs in line for a .2 GT3, don't count on a PTS allocation.

my dealer said they got approx 12 991.1 GT3 allocations and they had 6 918 VIPs who all were first in line for them. Only 2 of the 12 were PTS allocations and the 918 VIPs get first dibs.

This is time around they have maybe 4 918 VIPs (2 apparently lost status for selling/flipping), but among the 4 remaining, probably at least 2 will take a .2 Gt3 allocation and if offered would be foolish to turn down PTS.

Even if there is a PTS allocation available to a non-918 VIP, it would likely go to whoever has the biggest relationship with the dealer in terms of number and price of vehicles purchased from them in last few years, and I know personally of at least one non-918 VIP in line for PTS .2 GT3 from my same dealer who would fit that bill ahead of me. Who knows if there are others.

for those of us who aren't 918 VIPs, we should be grateful just to get an allocation at all it would seem. Maybe if the production run goes for 3 years and Porsche makes a lot things will be different later on in production cycle. Who knows. By then, though, everyone will be anxious for the 992 GT3 or whatever the next big thing will be.

Long story short, if a PTS .2 GT3 dealer allocation is in the cards for you, you probably already know who you are.
I don't 100% buy this explanation. True enough if you are a VIP 918 customer you have a direct line to the factory and can get preferential treatment to move your allocation around to fit the PTS window. But as others have stated, it's a little bit of luck too. If your allocation falls in the window, like mine did last time before the PTS moratorium, you can get it, you don't need to be a super duper customer with your dealer. Now, this time around who knows when it will open, but like the RS last time, I think that it will be available for early allocations this fall. Fingers crossed that's me.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:38 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

[QUOTE=mega_kid;14012476]I might be jumping the gun a little bit, but I'm super excited that I will actually be getting a 991.2. Procrastinated a bit on the 991.1 and was kicking myself, but I'm glad I waited.

Congrats on getting a GT3-2 allocation. Dealer advised me they already have 23
GT3-2 orders on the books and won't be able to fill half of them. Suggest you be open to other colors lest you miss out altogether. All will be an epic drive!
Old 03-10-2017, 02:31 AM
hushypushy
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mywave
According to that post he says " So from left to right. We have - RS Green - Viper Green - Signal Green. "
Correct. And it looks like the link broke, so I'll re-host it. And for SEO, I'll repeat:

From Left to Right: RS Green - Viper Green - Signal Green

Originally Posted by RupeTN
Yes, that is correct !

Leh had these painted for my Safari build he is doing. Really helped in making my final choice, being able to take them out in the sun, see how the light rolls off the shoulders, contrast in the shadows, etc.

Hopefully will be done in the next couple of months, can't wait.
Awesome! Looking forward to it
Old 03-10-2017, 09:21 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

I'm not that blind but the order to my eyes are, left to right..... RS green, Signal then Viper. Viper is much brighter and Signal has a slight dull blue tinge to it. Those are great examples and to me this is why they look so obvious.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:28 PM
TurboDogue
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
I don't 100% buy this explanation. True enough if you are a VIP 918 customer you have a direct line to the factory and can get preferential treatment to move your allocation around to fit the PTS window. But as others have stated, it's a little bit of luck too. If your allocation falls in the window, like mine did last time before the PTS moratorium, you can get it, you don't need to be a super duper customer with your dealer. Now, this time around who knows when it will open, but like the RS last time, I think that it will be available for early allocations this fall. Fingers crossed that's me.
agree. That's my situation. Turned in order today w ask for PTS and was confirmed by CCX as a September build as first month of PTS builds. Which makes sense to me at least that porsche would open the PTS booth after the august break and in the middle of pdk and the start of manual builds. I think if you will accept an early pdk car, chances for PTS are higher for non 918 VIP. This is my third PTS car lifetime. So fingers crossed my dealer has me covered.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hushypushy
Correct. And it looks like the link broke, so I'll re-host it. And for SEO, I'll repeat:

From Left to Right: RS Green - Viper Green - Signal Green

Awesome! Looking forward to it
I believe the order is signal, RS green (or simply green), viper.

I researched extensively before my order. My avatar is RS green.

Quick Reply: PTS 991.2 GT3 Questions