Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So what does your wife/girlfriend think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 03:35 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

For starters, my wife isn't the type into roller coasters so definitely doesn't like being in the car with me. She did do the Smokies event and rode along most of the time ... she came around to that I think because there are other women there and it must be safe if they're doing it. She would prefer we're following others because she says they know their limits and I don't...... so yeah, she trusts people she doesn't even know more than her husband.

As far as my always buying cars and buying things for the cars and spending money on mods/upgrades, we used to get into it a bit. I don't share a lot of our financial situation because it's a little bit confusing (I also don't hide anything), but her getting on me early in our marriage was more about being unnecessarily worried about bills or not being able to do something nice for herself. We finally got to the point where I could finally say: "when have I ever said 'no' to something that you've asked for or wanted to do? when have the kids not been able to do all their special instruction, sports, nanny, sending your grandmother money, etc.? Is your ring not big enough because we can get another one whenever you want." Luckily, she's pretty simple and not into material things very much so that comment hasn't cost me too much.

Now she just kind of makes a cute face, rolls her eyes a bit and goes on with her day if I tell her my plans to get another car or add on to our house with another 2-car garage with lift (starting that now). She's given in to realizing it makes me happy and is a lot better than some things guys blow their money on. I said you married this guy and love me because I don't do anything half-*** so don't be surprised now when it applies to a hobby that you don't necessarily understand.

So no more arguments, no more explaining how much something costs. Whether I tell you $200 or $200,000 you're going to think it's too much so don't even ask. She laughed and that was that.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:44 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All great responses, seems like most of our girls are champs.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:55 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

It does not matter.
But wifey is happy for me that I have something that I'm passionate about.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:21 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

THIS

THREAD

IS

WORTHLESS

WITHOUT

PICS

Just sayin'...
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2017, 05:24 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Just kidding guys...
That's not my wife.
She's cool with cars,but doesn't really like riding with me. She says my bad driving gets her dizzy. She wouldn't be so cool if she found out about the pics I'm posting...
Old 02-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 712 Likes on 338 Posts

Been married 30 years.

I've been car insane since birth. When we were dating, we'd lie in bed and I'd read her paragraphs from Car & Driver and Road & Track.

I've prolly bought and sold 100 cars during our relationship. She just shakes her head. As long as I'm not buying something that can kill me like airplanes or motorcycles, she's cool.

She calls you all my 'imaginary friends'.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:43 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF? Where you get that pic? She said if I bought the ebay car she was gonna post it. I have only bid. No result yet. Can you please remove it?
Old 02-09-2017, 06:29 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine is ok with it as long as I fulfill my end of the deal. I make sure I giver her the same freedom in return. She gets one garage spot which is hers, everything else is game for me. I try not to share too many details because it only creates problems
Old 02-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Married 40+ years. I know what she likes, she knows what I like. She endorses my hobbies, I endorse hers (BTW my spouse has won several national competitions related to her hobby). She has a heavy foot judging by the number of speed tickets she has garnered but is not too fond of riding with me in any of the P Cars ("we are gonna get killed"). Will not go to any race with me. Last time she did we went to one of the Rennsport Reunions and by the time we got there she asked "when does this end?" Will go to car Councours with me. We both love long distance driving.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:03 PM
Tosilog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife thinks that LWB sucks because it doesn't recline given the price of the GT3. She didnt like the 2 previous white 991S and 991 GT3 I had but is now in love with the Lava Orange RS. Bottom line, as long as I keep the essentials (shopping, kids education, etc) in check and keep bringing in the dough, she couldn't care less and happy that I'm happy. She drives a 958 Cayenne S anyway and used to watch F1 with me early in the morning
Old 02-09-2017, 07:15 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,061 Posts

My wife loves to ride shot-gun, road trips. Doesn't drive any of them. She finds the older ones more fun and likes their charm. She's a bad encourager and has never said "no" to any ideas of buying one. She REALLY wants an older long-hood targa with Cibie lights on the hood lol. Her favorite in the current stable is the 964.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:35 PM
trlin
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 25 Posts

Mine likes porsches and after the GT4 arrived I surprised here with a 997 C2S blue which she loves. After driving it for a summer she wants to take it to the track. My guess is it will be a one time experience but who knows...!
Old 02-09-2017, 08:14 PM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 75 Posts

Married 40 hrs, my wife always knew I was into cars, helped me rebuild engines and restore old British sports cars in the early years but never liked to drive fast with me. She won't drive my cars but got very involved in the Pcar world after I bought her a Boxster. She realized why I love these cars so much.

She puts up with my car upgrade habit that reoccurs every 18 months and we just laugh about it now. Sent me to the Atlanta experience center to test the Turbo versus GT3 so I could decide which to buy. She always comes to the track as do a few other PCA friend couples. So she is usually not alone being bored and is our unofficial photographer. Since she has a new knee, we have one LWB and one comfort seat in the GT3. She enjoys monthly group drive and dines where we drive back roads for a few hours and stop for lunch. Unfortunately, I am speed limited with her in the car.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:30 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

When we were at the dealer getting tires today I showed her this, and she said "that would be fun." I told her we were here for tires.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:50 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
THIS

THREAD

IS

WORTHLESS

WITHOUT

PICS

Just sayin'...
WOW, WOW, WOW
This tops them all.
Promise, I won't tell your wife.

Quick Reply: So what does your wife/girlfriend think?