Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else want to join 58 GT Cars in the Mountains? :-)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 01:54 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
How can you be first, if you are waiting for a couple others to join In all seriousness, we would absolutely LOVE for a few west coasters to get their cars on a truck and get out here for it. It would allow you to see how we run the event and get a head start on planning the West Cost version of this event. Plus, the roads are incredible!

Sean
I am checking on the cost to ship car alone. If number isn't horrible I am coming. Will know today or tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:04 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
I am checking on the cost to ship car alone. If number isn't horrible I am coming. Will know today or tomorrow.
Also find out if it'll be cheaper for 4 or 6 cars as well.... Sean and I are scheming something up...
Old 01-26-2017, 02:12 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Would love to have you! We had one guy DRIVE from Seattle last year. And he was going to do it again, but work schedule got in the way this year.

For eastern members attending the eventual festivities out west, Haku and I thought we could ship the cars to Denver, and drive from Denver to California to meet our new brethren. Have the event and ship them home from Central California.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:00 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 424 Likes on 235 Posts

Would love to have you! We had one guy DRIVE from Seattle last year. And he was going to do it again, but work schedule got in the way this year.

For eastern members attending the eventual festivities out west, Haku and I thought we could ship the cars to Denver, and drive from Denver to California to meet our new brethren. Have the event and ship them home from Central California.
Man is that tempting...I'm going to have to up my vacation budget...
Old 01-26-2017, 04:02 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 424 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartron
I've been on the Tail on two wheels before. It's a definite must do but I enjoyed the Cherahola much more. The Dragon can be hit or miss depending on how many users there are. Users vary as you can see if you check out any of the Tail of the Dragon photographer sites. Between the stunters, 'wanna-be MotoGP', entitled slow pokes and the 'illegal' big rigs that can't navigate the corners crossing both lanes it can be a tricky spot. I'm curious how you guys avoided some of these issues.

The west definitely has some fantastic roads and with lower population density and so many mountain byways it can be interesting as long as you avoid the forest rats (deer).

You guys have a super cool event going on in the Smokies and I wish I could someday attend. For the time being I live vicariously through your posts and instagram account and hope we get something organized on the west coast. Thanks to those enthusiastic about getting something going.
I agree I like the Cherahola better and there are some other roads that are really good and better than the dragon in my opinion.

There were no trucks on the dragon. And as it relates to the slower vehicles that weren't doing the posted speed limit they tended to move over in the small pull off areas and then we could go the posted speed limit.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:07 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartron
How could I forget! Hope the engines wouldn't suck too badly at 7,000ft plus! Pike's Peak would be an epic picture op.
No problem at all. Loads of power on reserve up here!
Old 01-26-2017, 05:38 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Pickuo and drop off in Atlanta? This would be epic!

Ryan
Old 01-26-2017, 09:59 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

Excellent!! Oh, boy, this could be very good. May have to break open the piggy bank for this one.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:09 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reidry
Pickuo and drop off in Atlanta? This would be epic!

Ryan
Yes, that would be the plan. Imagine the fun we'd have!
Old 01-26-2017, 10:16 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,051 Likes on 540 Posts

I will personally drive my RS to the West if you guys get this rolling!

We've been talking about doing a West version of this. If someone wants to take the lead we can provide all the tech infrastructure, private forums, etc. Would LOVE to get that going!

And in the mean time... ship your car to Atlanta for Spring 2017!
If you drive I'll follow in my car. Mayur can follow or donate $1/mile both ways
Old 01-26-2017, 10:51 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alan C.
If you drive I'll follow in my car. Mayur can follow or donate $1/mile both ways
Discussions / Schemes shall commence at the Spring event!
Old 01-26-2017, 11:10 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

WHEN would this go down?
Old 01-26-2017, 11:12 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Discussions / Schemes shall commence at the Spring event!
I'm in. Just need to ensur it doesn't interfere with work.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:15 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,051 Likes on 540 Posts

You need my schedule:

Sun Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat
Old 01-26-2017, 11:32 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
You need my schedule:

Sun Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat Sat
I like your schedule Alan! Just knock out the days one doesn't want!
So, at the moment it looks like a bunch of us will be shipping our cars to Denver and meeting Sean and you there!.

Quick Reply: Anyone else want to join 58 GT Cars in the Mountains? :-)