Sponsored by:

991 GT2 RS - Deposit

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 11:04 AM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by foo
Thanks guys for all the info. It's useful.. Here is the result of my research for the last week trying to get on a wait list up in the ranks (I'm super late I know... I'm new to the Porsche game).

My local dealer as +10 people on the list which sucks because I like them a lot. Very nice people... We have about 4-5 Porsche dealers in the area here and only the main one, my local dealer, knows about the GT2. All the other ones think I'm talking about the GT3 and they don't even have any wait list for the GT2. Apparently they don't take any deposit anymore for limited edition models since the 911 R. They took a bunch of deposits and they never had any allocation.

I expanded my research out of state as well, I have one potential "big" city in a state where they might have an allocation but don't have any wait list wait. They said they'll call me as soon as the car is officially announced in order to start a wait list. Though, I'm skeptical because the main Porsche dealers have already been notified for the GT2 and already have a long wait list. Finger crossed, it's a big city in a big state and I don't see why they wouldn't get an allocation.
Based on the large diversity on just the people on these forums, I find it unlikely that any big dealer in any big state doesn't already have a long list.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:24 AM
bgardner77
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$2500 and am #1 on the List - 100% chance is what my dealer tells me. I have taken several high performance 911s from this delaer
Old 04-16-2017, 04:42 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 685 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by bgardner77
$2500 and am #1 on the List - 100% chance is what my dealer tells me. I have taken several high performance 911s from this delaer
I'm sure a lot of people thought the same about the R until they realized in was a limited edition and 918 owners got first dibs. Hope it's not a repeat scenario!
Old 04-16-2017, 08:10 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i was told that GT2RS is close to $300k
My dealer sat me down and said probably limited edition and he might not be able to get me an allocation. Also said close to $300k like what mooty said. But I did get .2GT3 and V200 status so I am happy for the mean time
Old 04-16-2017, 11:59 PM
slm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappy1972
I'm sure a lot of people thought the same about the R until they realized in was a limited edition and 918 owners got first dibs. Hope it's not a repeat scenario!
I had a discussion with my sales associate last week. I am at the top of the list for A GT2 with them. Previously, he had cautioned me that they may not be able to get an allocation as both owners of the dealership are in the VIP program and would likely take cars. Now, he is told me that the VIP owners are going to be required to keep cars for a year before they can flip them. This has caused a number of VIP owners to reconsider taking allocations and flipping them. So, it looks as though I will likely be able to get a GT2. I hope this is the case. I bought a bunch of cars from them in anticipation of trying to get an allocation.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:27 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
It's the same people who thought there would only be 500-600 RSs in the US. haha

What benefit does Porsche get from limiting the production of the GT2/GT2RS or whatever they call it? NONE!
Porsche has the best bean counters in the business.

RS showed no downside to mass production and to make people feel special tossed in the R which I will never understand.

GT2RS how why would they limit this in these times is silly. When the Huracan Performante is unlimited Lambo sold out 1000 SV's times are good the big boys know this let me add anyone who pays over sticker at a P dealer is insane in a good way but insane.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:19 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 298 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Porsche has the best bean counters in the business.

RS showed no downside to mass production and to make people feel special tossed in the R which I will never understand.

GT2RS how why would they limit this in these times is silly.
Think you will find that production capacity, time frame, and parts are the main reasons.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:30 AM
RRRRR
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Confirmed .2 GT2 RS allocation, non refundable deposit has been placed. Not sure about the PTS but all rest are confirmed already. Can't say too much but good luck guys.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:01 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRRR
Confirmed .2 GT2 RS allocation, non refundable deposit has been placed. Not sure about the PTS but all rest are confirmed already. Can't say too much but good luck guys.
Congrats! Is this US or ROW?
Old 04-17-2017, 09:04 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Apolo1
Think you will find that production capacity, time frame, and parts are the main reasons.
GT2RS 275k vs 175K for the GT3 - on 100k margin of profit vs 0 even more on less expensive Porsche's.

If they can produce 500 parts they can produce 5000 ... we saw that with the RS.

Porsche is in high demand stock holders come first look what happened to their coveted RS and now another RS in 2019 so there seems to be plenty of time we will see I simply believe these CEO's are going to produce the most profits it's their job. I think Porsche opened up a new way of pleasing their top tier with the R expect to see more of those than less satisfying an air.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:26 PM
viprklr
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

#1 on my dealer list
Old 04-30-2017, 09:16 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Who told you, "limited numbers for GT2RS" believers that it will be limited? It won't. The last one (GT2 RS) was because the GT2 didn't really sell that well and it was a very high price point and they needed a Halo car, limited run was a nice one to help sell them.

This one? Everyone with a couple of $$ will want in, VW group needs liquidity, Porsche can help a lot giving it, they will make as much as people want to buy and as many as they can produce. Plus the last one had a non-limited GT2 and then the special version, then it was the power of the car, it was big boy power, today 650, is common, so not that special of a car.

Then we have the margins, GT2 margins are the best of the range, a GT3 RS (this one or the 997) is more expensive to build than a GT2 and yet, the GT2 is almost 100k more, on an already overpriced (not market wise tho) with great margins car.

How stupid would have Oliver Blume have to be to sell as many as he can and leave everyone happy? It's not like the cars will depreciate that much and the car is a bad car to own, so clients will be happy and Porsche will be richer and VW less in trouble.

So, for those who can get MRSP, get it, those who don't mind pay a bit over, pay, but don't fool yourselves thinking this is an R or a 4.0 or even the 997 GT2 RS type of appreciation, this will be more a requiem of the GT3 RS launch, than anything.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:30 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Will be interesting to see what the finished product will be like.
I have a meeting early August in Germany, by then it should be possible to get more info on specs of the car. Especially if it runs the hill at Goodwood this summer.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:06 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Might be another heavy hitter in the ring soon

488 GTO?
Old 05-01-2017, 01:23 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,807 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle
Who told you, "limited numbers for GT2RS" believers that it will be limited? It won't. The last one (GT2 RS) was because the GT2 didn't really sell that well and it was a very high price point and they needed a Halo car, limited run was a nice one to help sell them.

This one? Everyone with a couple of $$ will want in, VW group needs liquidity, Porsche can help a lot giving it, they will make as much as people want to buy and as many as they can produce. Plus the last one had a non-limited GT2 and then the special version, then it was the power of the car, it was big boy power, today 650, is common, so not that special of a car.

Then we have the margins, GT2 margins are the best of the range, a GT3 RS (this one or the 997) is more expensive to build than a GT2 and yet, the GT2 is almost 100k more, on an already overpriced (not market wise tho) with great margins car.

How stupid would have Oliver Blume have to be to sell as many as he can and leave everyone happy? It's not like the cars will depreciate that much and the car is a bad car to own, so clients will be happy and Porsche will be richer and VW less in trouble.

So, for those who can get MRSP, get it, those who don't mind pay a bit over, pay, but don't fool yourselves thinking this is an R or a 4.0 or even the 997 GT2 RS type of appreciation, this will be more a requiem of the GT3 RS launch, than anything.
Bingo....don't listen to the limited production BS. At $300k a pop this is going to one of the highest dollar profit car for Porsche yet. They will build to demand -1 as they did with the .1GT3RS.

Quick Reply: 991 GT2 RS - Deposit