Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS pricing

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016 | 11:38 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by hf1
Funny how most pricing threads/discussions here devolve into the: "who cares, it's only money, you earned it, if you can swing it - get it, pay whatever it costs". To me, the fact that something is well deserved or enjoyable in no way implies that one should be indiscriminate about its price. There are thousands of likely enjoyable things that all here could buy 5x over that they are not buying because their expected return/price doesn't meet some standard. The RS is no different. Just like with everything else in life, price is always part of the equation.
Your account has been hacked by your wife
Old 12-19-2016 | 11:50 AM
oc997
Racer

Originally Posted by mooty
do as you will
justify as you see fit
you will be back
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE
a drug addict will always be drug addict.
i know. i sell drugs. how else can i afford cars
and the addicts keeps buying. even knowing they will OD.

as a wealth manager, i think most ppl are not using the word
investment correctly
fix income/bonds are not investments. they are insurance. unless you start playing game, then they are sexier than equity.
equity/stocks are investment and really no differnet than blk jack. they both have "rules"

cars are toys.
i have a lot of legos, some are even rare collectible ones. but when i buy the lego, i am buying toys, i never think i will make money or have a return on them.
or better yet. cars are like food
goto 4 mich star restaurant have a blast
what goes in comes out in the can.
think of cars that way.
once one understands that, then and only then, does cars make sense.

sooner or later you will lose money on cars.
it's like you can hold you sh*t in for a few days. but sooner or later, you will need to take a dump and it come flushing out.

it took me a long time to understand this simple concept. but i finally got it.
i dont hold my crap in now.
i am very regular.
Cars are generally not good investments but there are many recent examples of cars like the 918, P1 and La Ferrari that can yield a $1 million dollar plus capital gains which is far better and faster rate of return than equity markets and real estate.

I was offered $100k over sticker from a few dealerships for my UV RS which I didn't take but nevertheless is an impressive rate of return for something I could have realized and executed in a matter of days.

I agree in most cases cars are a depreciating asset but in some cases certain GT cars don't follow this general rule.

That being said I agree there are far too many pricing and future value discussions when this is meant to be an automotive enthusiast forum.
Old 12-19-2016 | 03:05 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mass27
I have been trying to make this point on several posts. Maybe it's just this forum, but I am consistently surprised at the amount of people with this much disposable income and wealth to build 5,000 s.f. garages, own multiple Porsches, own multiple sports cars, have multiple other toys, 30 different hobbies, friends with the GM of their local dealer because they buy a new Porsche every year.

I think I am above average in terms of career and finances, but entering this forum, it seems I am in the bottom 2%.

Disregarding all of the above, the vast majority of people who are fortunate to afford just one Porsche in their lifetime are greatly considering the cost.

So, please if you are the other 98%, refrain from the "you only live once", "just work harder", "of course get the lift it's only $4K", "just buy 12 more cars from your dealership so you can establish a relationship with them so you are top of the imaginary list for the next GT car".

I apologize if the above appears like a rant or a form of envy, it's really not. I respect many of the people's posts and many seem to be very grounded and humble.
I would not frequent car forums if talk about expense toys offends you.
Old 12-19-2016 | 03:32 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

^+1
Some people spend 85% of income on toys. Some spend 15%.
Best not to compare with People on the internet as priorities can differ just as opinions.
Old 12-19-2016 | 03:39 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

I have been trying to make this point on several posts. Maybe it's just this forum, but I am consistently surprised at the amount of people with this much disposable income and wealth to build 5,000 s.f. garages, own multiple Porsches, own multiple sports cars, have multiple other toys, 30 different hobbies, friends with the GM of their local dealer because they buy a new Porsche every year.
I don't think my point was the same. Mine did not attempt to discriminate by wealth or income -- it remains valid across the board.
Old 12-19-2016 | 03:46 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

So, please if you are the other 98%, refrain from the "you only live once", "just work harder", "of course get the lift it's only $4K", "just buy 12 more cars from your dealership so you can establish a relationship with them so you are top of the imaginary list for the next GT car".

I apologize if the above appears like a rant or a form of envy, it's really not. I respect many of the people's posts and many seem to be very grounded and humble.
You do realize that a) you're on a public forum and b) its full of wealthy people discussing the purchase of expensive, emotionally driven toys, right?

I think it would be easier for you to 'refrain' from reading posts on this site...
Old 12-19-2016 | 03:49 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by carcommander
I would not frequent car forums if talk about expense toys offends you.
Agreed
Old 12-19-2016 | 04:06 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

I wished there was a 991 RS owner that would happily trade for a 997.2 GT3
Old 12-19-2016 | 04:58 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Happy Holidays

Last edited by nuvolari612; 12-19-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-19-2016 | 09:33 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Sorry for the original statement. I meant it as if you can afford it go for it. Im not in anyway trying to talk down to anyone. Im on the grind everyday myself trying to pay for all this stuff. And more so than not i feel like im in a catch 22. Work and buy it and use it sometimes or dont work dont buy it and use it never since it doesn't exist.
Old 12-19-2016 | 09:52 PM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
Funny how most pricing threads/discussions here devolve into the: "who cares, it's only money, you earned it, if you can swing it - get it, pay whatever it costs". To me, the fact that something is well deserved or enjoyable in no way implies that one should be indiscriminate about its price. There are thousands of likely enjoyable things that all here could buy 5x over that they are not buying because their expected return/price doesn't meet some standard. The RS is no different. Just like with everything else in life, price is always part of the equation.
I agree with this post. I can afford many things but price/value is always part of the equation and principle falls in to this as well- but subjective
Old 12-19-2016 | 09:59 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Sports cars are about passion - we want them, we don't "need" them. But sometimes we try to rationalize buying sports cars in terms of need and/or investment, and then we have conflict between the head and heart.
Old 12-19-2016 | 10:06 PM
MJK-PurpleRS
Instructor

I got 1,330 miles on the ticker, for the first time yesterday, i drove the RS in Sport mode. I didnt want to come home!! I also for the first time hit 7500 RPM one time. The noise and the rocket like acceleration was insane. I cannot say enough about this car!! I also turned sliced and diced my way thru traffic like a knife thru butter.When i finally came to a stop, i noticed i did all that with my right hand only at the 4:00 position. This car is an absolute 'Rock Star" Also the way it down shifts in Sport mode is amazingly precise. Good luck with that in an R. Worth every penny i paid and more. This is my 4th Porsche and i felt like i under paid for everyone of them.
Old 12-19-2016 | 10:08 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJK-PurpleRS
I got 1,330 miles on the ticker, for the first time yesterday, i drove the RS in Sport mode. I didnt want to come home!! I also for the first time hit 7500 RPM one time. The noise and the rocket like acceleration was insane. I cannot say enough about this car!! I also turned sliced and diced my way thru traffic like a knife thru butter.When i finally came to a stop, i noticed i did all that with my right hand only at the 4:00 position. This car is an absolute 'Rock Star" Also the way it down shifts in Sport mode is amazingly precise. Good luck with that in an R. Worth every penny i paid and more. This is my 4th Porsche and i felt like i under paid for everyone of them.
u shd take that purple sled to sebring for winterfest and meet your evil twin mr peter trakcar if u havn't already ... if u like it now just wait haha
Old 12-19-2016 | 10:55 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MJK-PurpleRS
I like what I just read.

Quick Reply: GT3RS pricing