Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Color Choice - How to decide...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 05:05 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Go with White, you'll regret it if you don't.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:08 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Go with white, it is a blank canvas for your graphics.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:44 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
Agree 100%.

Phil I understand exactly what ur going thru. My suggestiioin go with your gut.
me too...go with the white and graphics you already picked out
Old 09-26-2016, 05:47 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I wouldn't give hoot on which color will be with more down the road. I would get UV if I had s chance even if it was worth less now. Get the color that speaks to you. Life is too short to worry about the next guy
Old 09-26-2016, 07:01 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Agreed with all..

That said, the difference in build quantity of certain colors in the 997RS colors show that the OP has a valid point. Look at the prices between the Slate Grey/Red Aqua Blue Metallic/White and the Bright Blue Metallic/Red. I think this has maybe more to do with overall build quantities of the 997RS but I bet the lowest number of 991RS built in a certain color in the end will hold the best value.

But that is NO reason to purchase a color you don't love!
Old 09-26-2016, 08:32 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,101 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
Agreed with all..

That said, the difference in build quantity of certain colors in the 997RS colors show that the OP has a valid point. Look at the prices between the Slate Grey/Red Aqua Blue Metallic/White and the Bright Blue Metallic/Red. I think this has maybe more to do with overall build quantities of the 997RS but I bet the lowest number of 991RS built in a certain color in the end will hold the best value.

But that is NO reason to purchase a color you don't love!
Not sure the color schemes in 7.2rs were desirable enough to distinguish one from the other. I think the white/grey/blue with gold or red graphics are all roughly the same price. Pts 7.2rs is whole diff story. 7.1rs didn't have pts (not counting white) but differentiation in color is nuts. Green>>Orange>white/silver/black. And quantities aren't only driver. Orange is most common but 2nd biggest premium. Green is desirable and no supply. Silver least supply but in line with black or white.

You never really know until market speaks over the long-haul.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:44 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Not sure the color schemes in 7.2rs were desirable enough to distinguish one from the other. I think the white/grey/blue with gold or red graphics are all roughly the same price. Pts 7.2rs is whole diff story. 7.1rs didn't have pts (not counting white) but differentiation in color is nuts. Green>>Orange>white/silver/black. And quantities aren't only driver. Orange is most common but 2nd biggest premium. Green is desirable and no supply. Silver least supply but in line with black or white.

You never really know until market speaks over the long-haul.
I'm not sure but I think there were only 540 some odd .2 RS's built in 2011. Some of those colors were in the teens and single digits in build quantity, and there is a big gap in price in similar mileage cars. They weren't PTS cars I don't believe. Someone can verify...

Quick Reply: RS Color Choice - How to decide...?