Sponsored by:

Silver 991RS Available

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 05:17 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
i had my '17 Audi R8 v10 Plus for 1 month, traded for RS... but still managed to put 1,300 miles on it
I'm considering the R8, how would you compare the two?

Last edited by d00d; 10-29-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:26 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Gef3rd
Steve,

I was actually there when you called yesterday afternoon.
Creepy and lack of confidentiality at best...
Old 09-25-2016, 11:40 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by d00d
I'm considering the R8, how would you compare the two?
If street use only; R8 is better. If you want to track as well; RS is king. I enjoyed the R8; but love my RS. I like that it's a more track-focused.. like a street-legal cup; and when pushing it, the RS feels so good! R8 was the most refined car I've ever owned... was very very fast, sounded amazing but at limit was a little too numb for my taste.. but on the street was magical. Comes down to use really.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:47 AM
Steve00
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

I was actually there when you called yesterday afternoon. I would just make an offer you think is acceptable. For some reason they always want to close deals at the end of the month. I would just go in next Friday and see what you can do.

I have seen quite a few cars they have taken in on trade. They usually keep them in service and get out of them pretty quickly (G Wagons, Bentleys, Aston Martins). Their client's 488 just arrived and he probably didn't want or couldn't afford both cars. I bet the seller didn't want to hassle selling the car and the dealership got it for a reasonable price. You can tell from the picture they just tucked it in the back of the upstairs showroom.

George
George, that's weird timing that you were there when I called. They sent me more photos and the sticker and I don't like the way it's equipped. I thought if they sell it close to MSRP I'd buy it and give up my allocation for a February delivery. I may call late in the week like you suggest. Doing the same thing on another non p-car I have my eye on.

Thanks again!
Old 09-26-2016, 01:53 AM
Gef3rd
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Creepy and lack of confidentiality at best...
How is that lack of confidentiality when he posted that he called the dealership?

Last Tuesday the dealership sent me an email asking me to stop by. When I came in they told me I'd been approved for a TDF but that I needed to spec it relatively quickly. I went upstairs to look at a Grigio Titanio F12 a friend of mine has there on consignment. I love the color and it's my first choice on the TDF. When I went upstairs I saw the RS. I asked details about the car and asked the GM if he minded if I posted them on Rennlist. He told me that was ok.

Friday I was back at the dealership working with the GM trying to lock my configuration. The GM received a call on the RS during our meeting. The car isn't advertised so it wasn't hard to connect my post to the inquiry.

I don't post much but I do spend time on the forum. I have learned quite a bit from the vast knowledge base of the members here. If I can help somebody get a deal on a car, I will.

I just saw a purple RS in the Rennlist classifieds for $249 with PCCB's and delivery miles. I will pass this info along to the GM and tell him that market will be less for a silver/non PCCB car. If somebody on the forum can take advantage of that before it's advertised, that's great.

I sold my 675LT to CJ and his McLaren dealership. Transaction took about 15 minutes. Bought a KTM from his motorcycle dealership. That took 10 minutes and it was delivered to my front door 6 minutes ahead of schedule.

The benefit of a community is to help and look out for each other. I feel a large majority of the members feel the same way. I only know CJ from this forum. I'd much rather support him based on his contributions to Rennlist than some owner I don't know. If I can help somebody, I will. Most people would.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:12 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 2,331 Posts

How is that lack of confidentiality when he posted that he called the dealership?

Last Tuesday the dealership sent me an email asking me to stop by. When I came in they told me I'd been approved for a TDF but that I needed to spec it relatively quickly. I went upstairs to look at a Grigio Titanio F12 a friend of mine has there on consignment. I love the color and it's my first choice on the TDF. When I went upstairs I saw the RS. I asked details about the car and asked the GM if he minded if I posted them on Rennlist. He told me that was ok.

Friday I was back at the dealership working with the GM trying to lock my configuration. The GM received a call on the RS during our meeting. The car isn't advertised so it wasn't hard to connect my post to the inquiry.

I don't post much but I do spend time on the forum. I have learned quite a bit from the vast knowledge base of the members here. If I can help somebody get a deal on a car, I will.

I just saw a purple RS in the Rennlist classifieds for $249 with PCCB's and delivery miles. I will pass this info along to the GM and tell him that market will be less for a silver/non PCCB car. If somebody on the forum can take advantage of that before it's advertised, that's great.

I sold my 675LT to CJ and his McLaren dealership. Transaction took about 15 minutes. Bought a KTM from his motorcycle dealership. That took 10 minutes and it was delivered to my front door 6 minutes ahead of schedule.

The benefit of a community is to help and look out for each other. I feel a large majority of the members feel the same way. I only know CJ from this forum. I'd much rather support him based on his contributions to Rennlist than some owner I don't know. If I can help somebody, I will. Most people would.
You and I have "different" options on various dealership tactics but it benefits the forum when people post unadvertised cars because there is always someone in the market for these cars. I'd do the same if I had a lead on cars. And yes, doing business with CJ was easy peasy.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:50 AM
Steve00
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am the one who called while George was in there. I don't find it creepy at all, and in fact, very much appreciate his post. I have been looking for a couple months and these pre-market deals are quite helpful.

In this case it just so happens this car is not equipped the way I want. While I am new to this forum, I am active on others and have been an administrator on another car forum. It's members like George who really contribute to the community and help out. Even helping out someone who just joined, like me.

Again I appreciate the post.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:06 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

OT: but would you mind sharing your impressions of your BMW M2 and 488 spider. These are 2 cars I have been thinking about adding.
Remember your posts when you got the 675 LT. Congrats on the TDF!!!

Quick Reply: Silver 991RS Available