Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 Paris 1-16 October official presentation

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 01:45 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 990 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
I hope you're just joking...I don't think someone should be banned for something like this. How about we just take these " confirmed " posts with a grain of salt?
Sort of. Fact is that many here just threw gasoline on the fire and joined in.

It's fun to speculate but when people start taking thinking this is anything more, then it gets silly.

.2 will be better than what came before it. That much is certain. After that, who knows. Me, I'll drive my car and be happy knowing I have what will likely be one of the great NA GT cars ever built.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:03 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

I don't think fxz should be banned, although he stops short of insulting people and he provides consistently bad information, which can't be accidental. I truly believe he enjoys trolling and in that sense he's very good at it. would be more fun though if he tried to be a positive contributing member, as this is a very lightly moderated forum with a great community. Hopefully over time he'll enjoy making friends rather than alienating potential ones. It's a forum after all, the definition of a no-consequence light-hearted environment, he's free to make silly prognostications and cryptic statements at will.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:05 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 359 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Sort of. Fact is that many here just threw gasoline on the fire and joined in. It's fun to speculate but when people start taking thinking this is anything more, then it gets silly. .2 will be better than what came before it. That much is certain. After that, who knows. Me, I'll drive my car and be happy knowing I have what will likely be one of the great NA GT cars ever built.
I think everyone has put up bad info and/or guesses at some point. Sure,he does it constantly but it seems he enjoys trolling. There is a simple solution and that is to stop answering threads that one thinks contain bad/inaccurate info. That way they won't pop up at the top constantly and irritate people. But from there to actually ban someone it's a far road to travel IMO. How about we lighten up a bit?
Old 09-26-2016, 02:08 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 359 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I don't think fxz should be banned, although he stops short of insulting people and he provides consistently bad information, which can't be accidental. I truly believe he enjoys trolling and in that sense he's very good at it. would be more fun though if he tried to be a positive contributing member, as this is a very lightly moderated forum with a great community. Hopefully over time he'll enjoy making friends rather than alienating potential ones. It's a forum after all, the definition of a no-consequence light-hearted environment, he's free to make silly prognostications and cryptic statements at will.
This.

And I haven't notice any serious insulting,even though I have gone " a few rounds " with him. If there's any sort of insulting then it's a different story,but contradictory arguments,even though silly arguments are used shouldn't bring someone to get banned IMO.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:19 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This whole thread is speculation, nothing is truly confirmed until a PORSCHE press release has been made or they have launched the car at a show.

Some on this board have very tight connections with Porsche executives/employee's or PR people and get info word of mouth...but to be able to tell who those are actually is impossible.

My source/"friend" has told me that the 991.2 GT3 will be: 4.0L with manuel and PDK option and will look just like the leaks we have seen and have a updated front bumper look like the GT4.

But again this is speculation, but I choose to believe what he/she says...and this tends to fall in line with Porsche past recipes/releases.

Porsche is in the business of making cars and money and now that its owned by VW, the board wants more made and more models being introduced more quickly as PORSCHE is the cash cow and best money maker for the VW group especially after diesel gate.

Based on that it makes perfect sense for Porsche to make the updated 991.2 GT3 like the 911R as they already made the gearbox and the motor is already on the assembly line from the 991R and RS and we know how Porsche loves using the parts bine from older "more expensive" models to get better ROI on the parts and R&D investment.

Ok, stepping of my soap box, thats my $0.02
Old 09-26-2016, 05:25 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

^^ Porsche has followed a pretty simple formula for a very long time. You called it out exactly.
I would say though its all speculation until cars can be ordered...
Old 09-26-2016, 05:34 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 83 Posts

I think fxz is a better troll than marv. What I really want to know is where do they teach that type of Engrish he uses
Old 09-26-2016, 05:40 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

^What s unclear in the word
confirmed??

^for that you should point the finger
at Mooty
Old 09-26-2016, 05:42 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
^What s unclear in the word
confirmed??
;-)... on point as usual.

Carry on gents, as you were..
Old 09-26-2016, 05:43 PM
LSs1Power
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

This is funny lmao
Old 09-26-2016, 05:47 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

I agre that fxz is harmless. After a few years on RL we have to create our own mental blocking function. Most guys on here are really good.
Just need to have a bit of filter.
I'm just qurious to what product is going to keep AP busy throughout the winter? R and RS is lilely done by the end of the year. Panamera, cayman and 991GTS in Paris.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:47 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

But did fxz leak any wrong info about the .1 GT3? Just wondering, I wasn't around.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:48 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

let s be serious for a sec
the real point is that despite the
average porsche newcomers ego pretend to be over the top
nobody knows a single cent of the upcoming future
go figure 992 and the others

as already written above

it s all speculations folks
and as Mooty wisely remember time by time

Bring down your Egos guys
is getting boring with all these
mamma superstars

Last edited by fxz; 09-26-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:46 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
let s be serious for a sec
the real point is that despite the
average porsche newcomers ego pretend to be over the top
nobody knows a single cent of the upcoming future
go figure 992 and the others

as already written above

it s all speculations folks
and as Mooty wisely remember time by time

Bring down your Egos guys
is getting boring with all these
mamma superstars
I don't have a dog in this fight but I must ask, if you claim all this is pure speculation why did you start a thread stating as a fact the GT3.2 will be introduced in Paris this year?
Old 09-26-2016, 07:02 PM
levd
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's called "attention freak". So best answer is not paying any attention. No reason to demand a ban. This guy is not a disaster, not even annoying.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Paris 1-16 October official presentation