Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will 991.1 GT3 Prices Tank?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017 | 05:19 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
My understanding is that Porsche hasn't said 991.2 GT3 will be a limited production car....

VAG is hemorrhaging cash from Diesel-gate. Is it not unreasonable to assume...
As long as there is demand, Porsche will make a 991.2 GT3 for every man, woman, and child.
Hope so. My SA is giving me positive vibes, but won't commit to anything yet and they're a dealership that was asking for premiums on their RS's, so I'm being a nervous Nellie. In no rush though, so hoping it eventually falls my way.
Old 01-23-2017 | 05:56 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Hope so. My SA is giving me positive vibes, but won't commit to anything yet and they're a dealership that was asking for premiums on their RS's, so I'm being a nervous Nellie. In no rush though, so hoping it eventually falls my way.
I suspect that everyone who wants one will get one. This isn't a numbered limited edition car.
Old 01-23-2017 | 06:33 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Deleted

Last edited by mass27; 08-27-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2017 | 06:34 PM
Hanze1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KA 991 GT3
I disagree... I was negotiating a couple of deals on some while watching the prices online. Most of the GT3 for sale went down several 1000's in the same work week. The one I was working on went down $6000.00 in 10 days and it sold at $7000.00 less than it was listed for.
There is a CPO 2016 with 6K miles right now with PCCB's for 149K... to give you an example and that's their asking price.
Prices will continue to fluctuate for a little while until supply and demand balance out.
Any helpful hints or intelligence on negotiating the best price on a 991.1 GT3 would be greatly appreciated. Was actually looking at the 2016 that you mentioned. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2017 | 06:42 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mass27
I knew it was only a matter of time before you responded with something like this. At least you are predictable

Remind us again how much you paid over MSRP? How much is your RS worth? How few quantities was the RS made?

Didn't Ferdinand make a special RS just for you?

Just make sure you sell your RS before it drops in value. Don't worry, we won't make you repeat Econ 101 just because you paid more than MSRP for a depreciating asset.
One good turn deserves another. Yeah, I deal with jerks in a straight ahead fashion. There are small minds like you on every forum.

Just eating away at you that you can't get one eh?

Yeah, I'm on pins and needles about resale. ...and if I was at least I have one to be on pins and needles about.

What Porsches do you own again??? In fact what Porsches have you ever owned? Please enlighten us.
Old 01-23-2017 | 06:44 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
My understanding is that Porsche hasn't said 991.2 GT3 will be a limited production car....

VAG is hemorrhaging cash from Diesel-gate. Is it not unreasonable to assume...
As long as there is demand, Porsche will make a 991.2 GT3 for every man, woman, and child.
I think PAG has a pretty good handle on what the market will be for the new 991.2 GT3. They will make enough for everyone less 1.
Old 01-23-2017 | 07:29 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

I knew it was only a matter of time before you responded with something like this. At least you are predictable

Remind us again how much you paid over MSRP? How much is your RS worth? How few quantities was the RS made?

Didn't Ferdinand make a special RS just for you?

Just make sure you sell your RS before it drops in value. Don't worry, we won't make you repeat Econ 101 just because you paid more than MSRP for a depreciating asset.
Your point is a bit strange to me. It's a car, not an investment, so the ordinary rule is it will wear and depreciate as it ages and is used. Econ 101 proves his side, not yours, by saying his RS was fairly priced by the market. What does the line in the sand MSRP mean when supply is low? It just means there's two ways to acquire the asset - wait in line for the RS lottery or pay extra to a scalper and skip the line. He paid his money and skipped the line. What is there to deride? I'm sure Waxer values his time, understood the loss he would incur, accepted it, and bought the car. He's enjoying it now, good for him!

I bought a TT new and will lose a fair amount of money to depreciation as well. For me it's about driving the thing, not reselling it! I separate car purchases from investments. To me a car is a consumable good.

If you want to hybridize investments and cars, go for it. But there's no need to jeer at others that don't share your values.
Old 01-23-2017 | 07:37 PM
martinmp42
Rennlist Member

I would not worry about his comments Waxer. There is one in every crowd. I deal with them all the time
Old 01-23-2017 | 07:45 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Ok.

Last edited by mass27; 08-27-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2017 | 07:49 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

del
Old 01-23-2017 | 07:51 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ace37
Your point is a bit strange to me. It's a car, not an investment, so the ordinary rule is it will wear and depreciate as it ages and is used. Econ 101 proves his side, not yours, by saying his RS was fairly priced by the market. What does the line in the sand MSRP mean when supply is low? It just means there's two ways to acquire the asset - wait in line for the RS lottery or pay extra to a scalper and skip the line. He paid his money and skipped the line. What is there to deride? I'm sure Waxer values his time, understood the loss he would incur, accepted it, and bought the car. He's enjoying it now, good for him!

I bought a TT new and will lose a fair amount of money to depreciation as well. For me it's about driving the thing, not reselling it! I separate car purchases from investments. To me a car is a consumable good.

If you want to hybridize investments and cars, go for it. But there's no need to jeer at others that don't share your values.
Bingo. What Cigar do you smoke? Its on me.

BTW paid $20K over list about year ago on a $210K msrp car. Great buy then. Decent buy even today. Value tomorrow. Don't know. But spent my money on RS as opposed to Mac eventhough loved both because RS historically holds value better. No guarantees though.

Cars not investments. You buy a car because you love it and it moves your soul. If its one that has great resale all the better.

Lucked out with FGT worth alot more now than what I paid. Alot.

Boss LS. Enjoy it. Have owned other Bosses. Great little car. Love Boss 302 history and lore. Will Boss be a "collectible". Yeah. I think so. Do I care.Yeah sort of but main reason of ownership is enjoyment of the car itself.

Bought two. One to show and shine. One to track. Hard to beat them as far as bang for the buck.
Old 01-23-2017 | 08:04 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Originally Posted by ace37

Don't read too much into mass27's reply -- he and Waxer are just having a little cat fight...
Old 01-23-2017 | 11:32 PM
BlueGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by Waxer
Spoken like a true "wanna be" RS owner.

Do you even own a Porsche no less a GT3/RS?
That's not very nice nor constructive for this forum.
Old 01-24-2017 | 12:12 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by BlueGT3
That's not very nice nor constructive for this forum.
Agreed. But like I said one good turn deserves another and mine followed his.
Old 01-24-2017 | 12:29 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

I was going to write a scathing defense since you called me a jerk and small minded. I changed my mind.

I think you have an awesome RS and I hope I get an RS someday.
High road is always preferable. I hope you get an RS someday too. It is truly an epic car.

The vast majority of people who own something of value prefer to see and would like to see what they own hold their value regardless of the main reason they purchased the car. Everyone has their own reasons for buying what they buy. No one here is lost on the concept that in most cases cars lose value. Some more than others. Some don't but they are very few and far between. This entire thread is devoted to the subject as to the 991.1 GT3 and if you notice I didn't start it nor am I the only one posting on it.

Porsche GT cars tend to hold their value. This is easily seen. Especially RS's. This is part of the Porsche GT car allure for many which is in addition to the fact they are epic cars performance wise, build wise and looks wise.

I think the new .2GT3 will not have that much of an effect on the values of .1GT3s due to the natural increase in MSRP and dealer adms which are likely to be charged. The car will be very desireable and dealers will take advantage just like they did with the 991.1RS.

One could also argue the 4.0L .2GT3 will have a negative impact in 997GT3's or the 991R due to the return of the mt and especially if there is a rear wing delete? I could make an argument going either way.

Time will tell.

Quick Reply: Will 991.1 GT3 Prices Tank?