Sponsored by:

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 N0 VS N1

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 10:36 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Carmen

I believe Peter had them do the PDK Transmission/clutch and gear box (which the was the first one done by that Dealer)
That's what the Pennzoil was for
Old 11-30-2016, 11:32 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,196 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Max: The 15 page thing is for the RS. Still want it? If so pm me your email.
No, thanks. I got the scan from elsewhere. Not much that's transferable to GT3.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:25 AM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Carmen

I believe Peter had them do the PDK Transmission/clutch and gear box (which the was the first one done by that Dealer)
That's what the Pennzoil was for
Ok, got it. So the 4 qts of ATF listed in the 12k are for the clutches and the Pennzoil is for the gears? Guess I should study the PDK design. Found it.

http://www.excellence-mag.com/issues...2#.WD-0rbQ8KhA
Old 12-01-2016, 04:46 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by CDinSing
Ok, got it. So the 4 qts of ATF listed in the 12k are for the clutches and the Pennzoil is for the gears? Guess I should study the PDK design. Found it.

http://www.excellence-mag.com/issues...2#.WD-0rbQ8KhA
Thanks for posting!
Old 04-01-2022, 08:52 PM
MTNRIDE
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default N0-N1 Differences

Originally Posted by SmokinGTS
My tire guy was told by his Michelin rep that he may not receive any more tires this year that all of next run of tires was going to Porsche NA. so bend over boys here it comes... Can you say Bridgestone RE71R due out in the next 90-180 days.
M​y take: ​Michelin has established the client deal of the year! Porsche will be taking them all! They are shown as "out of stock".. As we compare the differences between N0 and N1, we find somewhat stronger sidewalls (great for the track or extreme speed runs).
I believe Michelin has discontinued N1 rating and giving us time to realize the N0 is a great tire and the N1is a little better for extremes and the track! Question is do you need the more pricey "track tire"? For most of us, we love our beautiful cars and enjoy letting pace become optional, buying the "available N0. Michelin would want us to see the logic, and maintain the kindred relationship we've enjoyed for decades!

​I have been in and around the GT Cup tire crowd for many years. I've always thought Michelin needed to offer a proper tire to replace the expensive/limited life of the Cup2. I would like to see Michelin and the Porsche engineers offer recommendations for transitional tire and the relativity of various wheel sizes, and offsets, for street and/or track. Of course I would also like to see Michelin find a way to recognize long term loyal customers.. (life time discount) Once a year "loyalty member​ sale"​​​ or some swag or stickers... ​LOL
Old 04-03-2022, 08:13 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 649 Likes on 283 Posts

This thread is from 2016. I'm not saying there isnt a tire issue but I'm sure this thread is not related......
The following users liked this post:
Palting (04-05-2022)

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 N0 VS N1