Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incoming

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016 | 01:33 PM
Maxsar
Racer

Default Incoming

As in hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. It's an extremely low mileage white GT3 RS. Had a false start late last week when Gold Coast Bentley/Lamborghini appears to have sold the one I'd already submitted a Buyer's order and paid the balance due. I'd heard they were slimy and can now confirm it.

I'm paying a lot more than I would if I waited to have one built, but then I wouldn't have one to drive for the remainder of this season. Life is too short.

I am trading up from a 2012 Turbo S that I've had for 5 years. I modified the suspension to improve the performance of the Turbo S on a track I belong to. It was a great car. I called it the hero maker because no matter how badly I butchered the entry into a corner, the awd and amazing torque sorted everything out on the exit.

I can't wait to see what the RS is like. I'll be careful to follow the recommended engine break in protocol, and change out the oil and brake fluid. Afterwards my plan will be to drive the hell out of it and have as much fun with it as humanly possible with it.

Last edited by Maxsar; 07-18-2016 at 01:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-18-2016 | 01:41 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Congratulations! Sorry to hear about your bad experience, although I'm sure when the RS arrives, the past will be largely forgotten.
Old 07-18-2016 | 01:51 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Congratulations Maxsar. Byers car?

Vivian
Old 07-18-2016 | 02:09 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sorry to hear about your difficulty, but its good to hear you've got one coming. It is also great to hear you will be putting her on the track.

Looking forward to some pictures, it will be interesting to here your comparison between the Turbo S and the RS.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 07-18-2016 | 04:52 PM
Maxsar
Racer

Originally Posted by irish guitar
Congratulations Maxsar. Byers car?

Vivian
Couldn't get a price out of Byers. They wanted to discuss my needs. I'm not looking for Dr. Phil. I want to buy a damn car!!!

I told Byers I was ready to purchase a GT3 RS, and if they were interested in selling theirs to give me a price they would sell it for. Last I saw they were asking $359,000 or something similarly ridiculous. They never gave me a price.

I can't stand dealerships who don't list prices but say "Call us for Price". They think a phone call is a "Sales Opportunity" they can't pass up on. Byers is at least a bit creative in putting an ungodly price on their cars. As a result their cars come up at the top of the default searches in Autotrader and Dupont Registry. The flip side is that I only considered Byers at the last minute after I'd investigated a lot of alternatives.
Old 07-18-2016 | 05:20 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxsar
Couldn't get a price out of Byers. They wanted to discuss my needs. I'm not looking for Dr. Phil. I want to buy a damn car!!!

I told Byers I was ready to purchase a GT3 RS, and if they were interested in selling theirs to give me a price they would sell it for. Last I saw they were asking $359,000 or something similarly ridiculous. They never gave me a price.

I can't stand dealerships who don't list prices but say "Call us for Price". They think a phone call is a "Sales Opportunity" they can't pass up on. Byers is at least a bit creative in putting an ungodly price on their cars. As a result their cars come up at the top of the default searches in Autotrader and Dupont Registry. The flip side is that I only considered Byers at the last minute after I'd investigated a lot of alternatives.
how weird, so now to get a RS they have to rape you mentally and financially, what next?
Old 07-18-2016 | 08:00 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Congrats Maxsar on your incoming RS. You can't change the past so just look forward to tomorrow. Enjoy it.
Old 07-18-2016 | 08:24 PM
Match-Lave
Rennlist Member

...all we are is dust in the wind...
Old 07-18-2016 | 09:30 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxsar

Understood. The world of exotic car buying can be an opaque netherworld. The important thing is that you got the car you wanted. I have a few months to wait for mine, so I'll live (drive) vicariously through those of you you are ahead of the game.

Vivian
Old 07-18-2016 | 11:42 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Dr Phil LOL

Congrats on the car
Old 07-19-2016 | 06:37 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Byers is really working to make my top stealership list...those guys are too much.
Old 07-19-2016 | 10:37 AM
Maxsar
Racer

Should pick it up tomorrow, and start driving it home. I agree about moving forward.

My experience with slimy dealerships doesn't bother me all that much. I just makes me appreciate dealers who aren't.

Quick Reply: Incoming