Old 07-09-2016 | 05:58 PM
nycarrera
Instructor

Awesome, Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-10-2016 | 09:00 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JCBH
Thanks - Porsche Exclusive is really an incredible outfit...these men and women truly love what they do and it was very, very neat to see the possibilities, and of course, the execution. Customizing a Porsche is a unique opportunity to be creative and make an incredible piece of engineering your own, and leave a stamp on your own expression of what is possible.
Jeff
She definitely is a beauty Jeff. Can you tell us (if you feel comfortable telling us) the path you took to have all these CXX options done, including how you were able to witness some being installed. It seems I've heard others that have been denied CXX, why is that, timing or who you know? Thank you.
Old 07-10-2016 | 09:31 AM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by bronson7
She definitely is a beauty Jeff. Can you tell us (if you feel comfortable telling us) the path you took to have all these CXX options done, including how you were able to witness some being installed. It seems I've heard others that have been denied CXX, why is that, timing or who you know? Thank you.
Ditto. I'm trying to get some items approved on my RS build, waiting to see what happens. I'll be in Germany pretty close to build time as well, would love to see my car get its finishing touches applied. Last time I did ED the car was completed well before I arrived. Thanks.

{
}
Old 07-10-2016 | 10:33 AM
Asco
Racer

As I am very new to this whole process, but have been fortunate enough to get an configurable allocation, is it actually better to work with the exclusive department directly or should all the CXX options be handles through the dealer? I just don't want the dealer to feel offended, but it seems that it would ease the dealers life if I could spec directly through the exclusive department. What would the exclusive department require in order to spec my build?
Thanks!
Old 07-10-2016 | 12:01 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

My suggestion is to work with your dealer on the CXX options you would like, as many here have, and ask them to coordinate with Exclusive. I have found that Exclusive is pretty busy at the moment but they are very effective. However, dealers typically do not know what options are available and/or pricing. I have a feeling that as popularity grows with Exclusive they will be expanding their offerings and streamlining their interaction with customers as it is very time-consuming etc. Exclusive were very patient with my constant tweaks and changes...a lot of time spent by them. I was very impressed by their dedication and level of service. A class act and so professional. My wife and I were truly blown away by every single interaction.
Hope that helps.
Jeff

Last edited by JCBH; 07-10-2016 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-10-2016 | 12:55 PM
Asco
Racer

Thanks for the help Jeff! It just sometimes seems that I really have to push the dealer for CXX options, whereas other Rennlist members get the same options without any pain. The bottomline is that I want the car specifically build to my specs by the factory and I am willing to pay the price for it. I am not asking for anything extraordinary, just yellow door pulls and some wing and door decals, black wing uprights, maybe centerlock logos colormatched. Will continue pushing and hopefully all works out.
Old 07-10-2016 | 06:45 PM
SCalCruiser
5th Gear

I passed you today about 11 on mulholland by Malibou lake (in my black Audi TTS), looked great !

Enjoy them all !

Ed
Old 07-10-2016 | 06:51 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SCalCruiser
I passed you today about 11 on mulholland by Malibou lake (in my black Audi TTS), looked great !

Enjoy them all !

Ed
Funny! Was a beautiful day for a drive. We went to the PCA event afterwards at the Santa Monica Airport. Nice turnout there...some neat cars.
Jeff
Old 07-10-2016 | 07:06 PM
SCalCruiser
5th Gear

Funny! Was a beautiful day for a drive. We went to the PCA event afterwards at the Santa Monica Airport. Nice turnout there...some neat cars.
Jeff
Yes, good driving day !

Small world stuff, you and I did a focus group last year when you had your GT3, I had the R8.

Ed
Old 07-10-2016 | 07:09 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SCalCruiser
Yes, good driving day !

Small world stuff, you and I did a focus group last year when you had your GT3, I had the R8.

Ed
Yes! Very funny - I do recall that. Small world indeed.
Here are some pics from this glorious So Cal day...from Malibu and also in Santa Monica at the PCA show...Fun stuff...
Attached Images    
Old 07-10-2016 | 10:15 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Yes! Very funny - I do recall that. Small world indeed.
Here are some pics from this glorious So Cal day...from Malibu and also in Santa Monica at the PCA show...Fun stuff...
Saw it at the Concours show today. Instantly recognized it as yours. More beautiful in person.
Old 07-11-2016 | 10:20 AM
SRHinVA
7th Gear

Gorgeous car--so glad to see that it's being driven, versus sitting in a garage. Great build, well done!
Old 07-11-2016 | 02:11 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I was very impressed by their dedication and level of service. A class act and so professional. My wife and I were truly blown away by every single interaction.
Hope that helps.
Jeff
Jeff, it is worth pointing out that a lot of times a patient and positive attitude on the customer's part can go a very long way. This kind of adventure is certainly a two way street.

Congrats one enjoying the car this last weekend! It was perfect weather.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 07-11-2016 | 02:38 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gmgracing
Jeff, it is worth pointing out that a lot of times a patient and positive attitude on the customer's part can go a very long way. This kind of adventure is certainly a two way street.

Congrats one enjoying the car this last weekend! It was perfect weather.
Yes - thanks and completely agree.
Car was picked up this morning for full clear wrap at Protective Film Solutions. Great guys, did an awesome job on my Boxster Spyder a few months ago. Back in a few days...they already did my bumper and hood on Friday to get me through the weekend of light driving...
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 2016 Viper Green RS Factory Visit and Delivery