Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible the RS eventually becomes worthless?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 06:59 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Agree. Instead stupid threads like this (and others) are started.
I remember when RL was very technical and a wealth of information. Now it's a soap opera. Ok, enough rambling...sorry.
Originally Posted by mwar99
But this one was a joke though....

As mwar99 states, this thread was a a somewhat Monty Pythonish take on the pointless others that have cropped up recently about the RS. So kyrocks you're actually all on the same page I think.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:04 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Duplicate post ignore.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:08 AM
DerStig
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It wont become worthless but there is no way it will be worth anywhere near what people pay for it when they got it - which wasnt the case with the 997 generation cars. Say what you want but the 991 cars are "just another super fast super capable super intelligent" sports cars, the old nostalgic, raw, and analog cars do and will appreciate more.

10, 20, even 30 years from today there will never be another analog, raw, rough mezger gt3, but there ll be generations and generations of rws/large wing/pdk/super grip gt3 and rs cars.

Same goes with other cars. Do you honestly think the new auto ferraris with turbocharges to appreciate the way old high revving naturally aspriated stick ferraris from 10-15 years ago? No.

And I'll tell you why I think this way. I'll explain in a way without upsetting some folks here. Majority of the current RS/GT3 owners now (didnt porsche say something like 1 out of 4 wants stick over pdk?) wouldnt have even considered that car before because the old car was too hardcore, too hard to drive. Lets face it, lots of folks around here who are rich and they move from one expensive car to the next with only putting what 1-2k miles per year on their cars? These people have no interest in buying an old car thats out of warranty and even if they did, what makes this RS so special that the new one wont deliver? Its rear wheel steering? Or pdk-s? Or super wide tires? Or lightweight? Maybe the engine but we all know this engine will be around for at least another generation that means 5-7 years before another engine comes and when it does, i'm sure it will be a high revving (like mclaren) with a NA DNA and people will move to that car in a heartbeat.

I think a lot of people expect this generation of cars to appreciate the way previous generation cars did, they will take a bath when the next generation cars hit the showrooms.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:36 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
I started this thread as I feel the same as u. A bit of satire I guess. The value stuff is totally bananas. But it did hurt. Just a little. To see someone call my thread stupid.
Don't take it personally. Didn't mean to offend.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:12 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DerStig
It wont become worthless but there is no way it will be worth anywhere near what people pay for it when they got it - which wasnt the case with the 997 generation cars. Say what you want but the 991 cars are "just another super fast super capable super intelligent" sports cars, the old nostalgic, raw, and analog cars do and will appreciate more.

10, 20, even 30 years from today there will never be another analog, raw, rough mezger gt3, but there ll be generations and generations of rws/large wing/pdk/super grip gt3 and rs cars.

Same goes with other cars. Do you honestly think the new auto ferraris with turbocharges to appreciate the way old high revving naturally aspriated stick ferraris from 10-15 years ago? No.

And I'll tell you why I think this way. I'll explain in a way without upsetting some folks here. Majority of the current RS/GT3 owners now (didnt porsche say something like 1 out of 4 wants stick over pdk?) wouldnt have even considered that car before because the old car was too hardcore, too hard to drive. Lets face it, lots of folks around here who are rich and they move from one expensive car to the next with only putting what 1-2k miles per year on their cars? These people have no interest in buying an old car thats out of warranty and even if they did, what makes this RS so special that the new one wont deliver? Its rear wheel steering? Or pdk-s? Or super wide tires? Or lightweight? Maybe the engine but we all know this engine will be around for at least another generation that means 5-7 years before another engine comes and when it does, i'm sure it will be a high revving (like mclaren) with a NA DNA and people will move to that car in a heartbeat.

I think a lot of people expect this generation of cars to appreciate the way previous generation cars did, they will take a bath when the next generation cars hit the showrooms.
Really?...

Too serious for this thread ...
Old 07-02-2016, 12:32 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 283 Posts

Don't take it personally. Didn't mean to offend.

Lol. I'm not offended.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:40 PM
0-60 freak
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Lol. I'm not offended.
Are you offering to sell your car at sticker??
Old 07-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Banango
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Everything becomes worthless. That's entropy. The law of conservation of value suggests one convert the worth into enjoyment and memories through use.

That's the the £1 argument, not the £5.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:32 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 159 Posts

The pic at the top of this page makes everything better though.
Yeah it one up's my dog picture.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:03 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Yeah it one up's my dog picture.
It two-ups your dog pic.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:48 PM
TrackFocused
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sean, time to get a racecar. The RS should only be used for daily transport.

Quick Reply: Is it possible the RS eventually becomes worthless?