Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS Exhaust Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

I heard the GMG car in the link this past weekend. I will say it does sound good and you definitely know it is coming down the road. It is too loud for my taste but several people around really enjoyed it hearing it.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:04 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 551 Likes on 317 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase and thanks for mentioning us! Our exhaust bypass is based on the design of the Porsche Motorsport GT3 Cup part. It elimates the bulky OEM side mufflers and to deliver an aggressive exhaust note. Most other aftermarket exhaust systems on the market replaces the secondary center muffler and the performance gains and weight savings are minimal. The factory secondary exhaust weights approximately 20 pounds and the average secondary muffler bypass weighs approximately 7 pounds, which equates to only 13 pounds of weight savings. The factory secondary muffler is very well designed and does not need to be eliminated for street use. Below are some pictures of installation and behind the scene production processes.

BBi Autosport Porsche 991 GT3 StreetCup Exhaust Bypass

Key Features
  • Delivers deep aggressive exhaust sound
  • Significant weight reduction of 40 pounds
  • 304 stainless steel aerospace tubing
  • Meticulously TIG welded
  • Brushed stainless finish
  • Stainless hardware and clamps
  • 100% emissions legal
  • Will not void warranty
  • Factory secondary mufflers and catalytic converters are all retained
  • 50 state emission compliant
  • Direct bolt on replacement
  • Compatible with 991 GT3 and 991 GT3RS models
  • Made in USA

Bumper Removal

Heat Shield Removed to Expose OEM Center & Side Mufflers

BBi StreetCup Side Muffler Bypass Installed

Close up Shots of Muffler Bypass

Bumper Re-Installed

Behind the scenes pictures our BBi Exhaust Bypass Pipes meticulously handcrafted in our in-house production department.

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 06-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
If you want to avoid tuning and CELs, I would highly recommend keeping the original catalytic converters. This is the primary emissions equipment on the car and without it, the super clean GT3 will then stink like a 60s muscle car; not to mention the toxic nature of the fumes you're putting out at that point to everyone around you including yourself/your garage etc. It will also almost certainly cause a check engine light, which will also put the car into a safe mode to protect itself, further causing power loss. If you are only tracking the car and it is not registered for the street, this might be an option to consider.
+1 and nicely said Dan. Personally I think it's irresponsible in this day and age to run without cats on street or track. There's a reason our Cup cars come with cats.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:03 PM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

Sharkwerks has no drone

+1 I also have sharkwerks
Old 06-07-2016, 05:01 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^Same here, Sharkwerks!!!
Old 06-07-2016, 05:05 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

SW is what I have with no sweat install and no mods to your car. Sound is great but car is drive-able when needed and screams when you want it to. Great street option.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:09 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
I heard the GMG car in the link this past weekend. I will say it does sound good and you definitely know it is coming down the road. It is too loud for my taste but several people around really enjoyed it hearing it.
Appreciate the input Seth.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 06-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

How do side by pass pipes sound compared to center muffler replacements?

Advantages and disadvantages?
Old 06-07-2016, 07:43 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

If you're trying to avoid a CEL, Akrapovič has two options to consider which require no additional modifications to still be able to gain power and not produce any CEL's as well. Here are those two systems with more information, some photos and of course the technical information regarding weight loss, power and so forth.

Akrapovič Slip-On Line
Akrapovič’s Slip-On Line represents the first step in the exhaust system tuning process and the muffler can easily be installed onto the Porsche GT3’s original system. Built from hi-grade titanium and finished with two eye-catching double round tailpipes, this entry system makes the GT3 more powerful and lighter, and gives the car that unique Akrapovič sound, while still meeting ECE specifications. Designed to make the car stand out from the crowd and increase its appeal even more, the visual delight of the Akrapovič Slip-On can be further enhanced with the addition of an optional carbon- fibre rear diffuser. Beautifully handcrafted from the finest materials and designed to enrich the exclusive look of the titanium exhaust system, the diffuser is a must-have extra for any discerning owner.

Technical Data and Information For Slip-On Line

Akrapovič Sports Cup Line
The Akrapovič Sports Cup Line system is the second step in the exhaust tuning process. Crafted from top-quality titanium—with parts formed in Akrapovič’s in-house titanium foundry—the Sports Cup Line system has been designed to retain the original Porsche GT3 exhaust manifold, utilizing the existing integrated catalytic convertors. The perfectly balanced titanium end muffler and superbly fitting link pipes are all set off with a pair of beautiful titanium tailpipes. Developed primarily for track use, the Sports Cup Line increases power and torque levels—especially through the important mid-range—and with the huge reduction in weight in the area behind the engine and the rear axle (in comparison to the original system) handling is improved to make the car and exhaust work in perfect harmony. The look of this system can be further enhanced with the addition of the superbly handcrafted high-quality optional carbon- fibre rear diffuser to give even more exclusivity to the Sports Cup Line titanium system and the Porsche GT3.

Technical Data and Information for Sports Cup Line

Here's a video of the Street Cup system:

You don't need to take it from me though, there are plenty of Akrapovič users on the forum who can attest to how amazing their exhaust system is such as Serge944:

Originally Posted by Serge944

I've had the Akrapovic Evolution Line system installed on my car for a couple weeks now, and want to provide some real world feedback. This is the full system with two side and a central muffler, so the nature of the exhaust is similar to what you get from the factory - there is just "more" of everything you want. If you like the general functionality of your factory exhaust - the way the valves operate, and "dual personality" you have at your fingertips with the exhaust button, then you will LOVE this exhaust.

To start out, it's a zero-compromise exhaust system. You gain power throughout the entire rev range, lose weight, maintain factory functionality, gain an improvement in sound throughout the entire rev range, even when you're below 3400 rpm with the valves closed, there is a sweeter, more exotic sound; but once the valves open, my my, it will put a grin ear to ear on your face! It also looks great, I must admit. The exhaust tips turn blue on the interior with the exhaust gas heat and complements the sapphire blue paint!

What I don't like, and this is a very personal preference more related to the factory programming of the valves, is the fact that there is still an audible change in tone/volume as the valves open the close and you still won't hear downshifts at very low rpm, but this is all not nearly as pronounced as the stock exhaust. More subtle - but still there.

It's expensive - yes. But if you're looking to gain sound and power, lose weight, and not sacrifice anything compared to stock, this is your ticket!

Old 06-08-2016, 09:59 AM
Dante
Racer

Received 156 Likes on 37 Posts

did anybody tried capristo?
http://www.capristo.de/en/exhaustsys...e/991-gt3.html
Old 06-08-2016, 11:10 PM
Mvn1971
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JesseRohr
Here's what I am using. I get compliments every time I am out in the car.

You can pick it up retail for less than $800.00.

http://mbrpautomotive.com/?page=products&part=S7607BLK

Wow, have the same one. Very happy with my purchase. Good solid quality build and save me $$$ over RSS, GMG and sharkwerks.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:18 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mvn1971
Wow, have the same one. Very happy with my purchase. Good solid quality build and save me $$$ over RSS, GMG and sharkwerks.
Do you guys have sound clips of it?
Old 06-09-2016, 12:18 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

This thread reminds me of an episode of The Bachelor.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:15 AM
Biglife
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How would you describe the exhaust note? Also, where'd you grab it for $800?

Originally Posted by JesseRohr
Here's what I am using. I get compliments every time I am out in the car.

You can pick it up retail for less than $800.00.

http://mbrpautomotive.com/?page=products&part=S7607BLK

Old 06-09-2016, 07:37 AM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
This thread reminds me of an episode of The Bachelor.
Yes, please do let us know who gets a rose.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS Exhaust Options