Sponsored by:

Anyone else on Heroic Leader

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 04:45 PM
dannyb
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone else on Heroic Leader

It's finally happening! Put my deposit down in September of 2013 for my spot in line and my voodoo blue RS is almost here! Satin black wheels, black alcantara interior, front lift, fire extinguisher . Expected at the port in San Diego on June 14th. Its killing me!

Once she arrives I'll be doing a full XPEL (can't let that extra year of waiting time for PTS get too messed up), 1/2 cage, side muffler removal and BBI street cup suspension. Once I burn through the steel rotors I'll put the Brembo type 3's and 5's on. Beyondddd excited.

I'm extremely lucky to have had some pretty cool cars but this is the first one I'll have custom ordered and bought brand new. Just like my other cars it won't be a garage queen. I'll have it on track ASAP. Hoping to make it to Big Willow on June 25th and see how soon I'll be able to beat the 1:30 in my 997.2 GT3.

Also contemplating a road trip from Los Angeles up to Whistler, Canada. Anyone have any experience with that drive?? Maybe stop at a few race track in the Pacific North West along the way. Beartooth Highway in Montana on the way back?

Open to suggestions about some great roads/race tracks. Thanks 'gents!
Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2016, 07:03 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't wait to see the Voodoo RS. Congrats!!!
Old 06-02-2016, 09:08 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Congrats Dan. You're going to love it. Too bad you didn't have it in time for COTA. Next year!
On you're trip to the northwest you might want to check out The Ridge.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:40 PM
PierreTT
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

There is a race between "Leaders"

I'm on Zenith Leader and going through the same pain/fun as you... Like many others I guess...

Lets enjoy the moment, not happening very often :-P (At least for me!!)
Old 06-03-2016, 08:34 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 450 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyb

Also contemplating a road trip from Los Angeles up to Whistler, Canada. Anyone have any experience with that drive?? Maybe stop at a few race track in the Pacific North West along the way. Beartooth Highway in Montana on the way back?

With a boat name like "Heroic Leader" you would think your car is in safe hands!

As to your drive, about five years ago I did something similar but in reverse. I drove my little bmw '02 from Seattle down to SanDiego using only the 101 and 1 highways. Made some fantastic memories along the way. Rather than go into it too much, here's a map outlining some highlights. Anyone can add to it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wE...lI&usp=sharing

Quick note, Pigeon Point is a hostel. However, the views are worth suffering the "grunge" for an evening. The hottub (book in advance!) sits literally atop a cliff. Great way to watch the sunset with a couple brews.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 06-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Shadow77
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't wait to thrash it up 33 dude!
Old 06-03-2016, 10:35 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Congrats on voodoo RS Purdy
Old 06-05-2016, 06:54 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 552 Likes on 317 Posts

It's finally happening! Put my deposit down in September of 2013 for my spot in line and my voodoo blue RS is almost here! Satin black wheels, black alcantara interior, front lift, fire extinguisher . Expected at the port in San Diego on June 14th. Its killing me!

Once she arrives I'll be doing a full XPEL (can't let that extra year of waiting time for PTS get too messed up), 1/2 cage, side muffler removal and BBI street cup suspension. Once I burn through the steel rotors I'll put the Brembo type 3's and 5's on. Beyondddd excited.

I'm extremely lucky to have had some pretty cool cars but this is the first one I'll have custom ordered and bought brand new. Just like my other cars it won't be a garage queen. I'll have it on track ASAP. Hoping to make it to Big Willow on June 25th and see how soon I'll be able to beat the 1:30 in my 997.2 GT3.

Danny,

Look forward to meeting you and getting your car upgraded!!!

We just finished a 991 GT3RS StreetCup Roll Bar in Voodoo Blue for another client.

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram

Last edited by BBiAutosport; 06-06-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:08 AM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have done the drive...
Along the coast 101 is great, but lots of traffic...the fun stuff are the roads connecting 101 with I-5 north of Santa Rosa

ORP and PIR are both fun tracks...ORP is a roller coaster ride and can be driven in multiple configurations, while PIR is more open and doesn't have much elevation change. The Ridge in Washington is a blast. Mission Raceway is a small technical track just outside of Vancouver...

Watch yourself driving up to Whistler on the Sea to Sky...lots of tourists, bikes on shoulders and cops that will impound your car for 30 km/hr over (excessive speed). Much less traveled if you continue past Whistler towards Pemberton ... Can do a big loop back to Vancouver if you have time.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:39 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

I spent 4 days driving through montana, idaho, wyoming...

You have to go through there via that route.
The Tetons and Yellowstone and no speed limits through certain parts of montana make for some killer experiences.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:51 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

My GT4 is on the Leader as well. Here she is transiting the Miraflores Locks a few days ago:

Old 06-08-2016, 02:41 AM
MBDark
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is on Goodwood, slow boat is slow.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:15 AM
HamidQ
Intermediate

My car is on a different boat to the other side of the world from you - Dubai. I wish I knew the name of it! In any case, after placing my order for a Maritime Blue RS last March, in about 20 days it will be with me. I am finding it difficult to sleep...
Old 06-08-2016, 07:09 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HamidQ
My car is on a different boat to the other side of the world from you - Dubai. I wish I knew the name of it! In any case, after placing my order for a Maritime Blue RS last March, in about 20 days it will be with me. I am finding it difficult to sleep...
We definitely need to see pics of the Maritime Blue when she arrives.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:39 AM
HamidQ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bronson7
We definitely need to see pics of the Maritime Blue when she arrives.
Camera primed and ready. Only issue is when I pick her up from the dealer she wont be in the prettiest state, I asked them not to polish etc as I am taking her to a detailer for proper paint correction and a full clear foiling.

Quick Reply: Anyone else on Heroic Leader