Sponsored by:

I have a doubt.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 02:44 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
I agree 100%. Two different demographics. One is a limited edition car and the other is mass produced. And for the nth time, the .2 GT3 will be produced and it will come with the optional 6 speed manual as found on the R. I had dinner with Mr. Preuninger in NY during the NY Auto Show (my Datsun was on display at the show) and that is exactly what he said. It always fascinates me to read all these "theories" and "rumors" on RL.
So you're that guy from Fast and Furious.
Why did they " kill " you in the last one? I guess you had enough...?
Small world...
Old 05-27-2016, 03:07 PM
LitRbl
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree 100%. Two different demographics. One is a limited edition car and the other is mass produced.

And for the nth time, the .2 GT3 will be produced and it will come with the optional 6 speed manual as found on the R.

I had dinner with Mr. Preuninger in NY during the NY Auto Show (my Datsun was on display at the show) and that is exactly what he said. It always fascinates me to read all these "theories" and "rumors" on RL.
Correct. The next GT3 is getting many parts from the RS including the engine. And Manual tranny will be an option. The R however is a limited run so very special unlike a normal GT3 no matter how much faster it is.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:13 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LitRbl
Correct. The next GT3 is getting many parts from the RS including the engine. And Manual tranny will be an option. The R however is a limited run so very special unlike a normal GT3 no matter how much faster it is.
I must have missed something. I know AP has said the .2 will get the manual, but where did he say it will be getting the RS engine?
Old 05-28-2016, 12:16 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 974 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
So you're that guy from Fast and Furious.
Why did they " kill " you in the last one? I guess you had enough...?
Small world...
No, I am not that "guy". He is my close friend and business partner. If you follow the FuguZ story, you will know there are 3 guys in that build.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:19 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
for the 10th time, anything is possible, but we can tell what you want to happen
It's not what I want, it's what already in plan from Porsche directly. Trust me, from where I sit, I rather have Porsche not make anymore manuals GT3. It will drive up the value of my R up the wall if that were to happen, but it's not going to.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:21 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Originally Posted by LAGinz
I must have missed something. I know AP has said the .2 will get the manual, but where did he say it will be getting the RS engine?
Correct on the manual transmission and as for the GT3 getting the RS engine, it's not confirmed yet regarding engine capacity. What the GT3 will get for sure is an evolution update of the current RS engine. Whether it will be 3.8L or 4L, that has not been confirmed by AP during my dinner with him. And trust me, I did ask him that question.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:36 AM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

It's not what I want, it's what already in plan from Porsche directly. Trust me, from where I sit, I rather have Porsche not make anymore manuals GT3. It will drive up the value of my R up the wall if that were to happen, but it's not going to.
This seems to me like such a strange comment from obviously such a devoted Porsche fan, (you having 8 Porsches in your signature)
I would think you would be leaning heavily towards Porsche continuing to provide 911's with manual transmissions as compared to you being happy they may not in order to make more $ on your R.
You even have a 918, so making extra $ on these Porsches can't keep you up at night lol) I haven't read your previous posts so I don't know if you drive these fine cars you own or keep them in a warehouse.
Anyways, just a comment, not meant to be malicious.
It's just sad so many threads are $$$ when most of us got the Porsche bug before age 12 and appreciate them like no other car.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:31 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gordon9898
This seems to me like such a strange comment from obviously such a devoted Porsche fan, (you having 8 Porsches in your signature)
I would think you would be leaning heavily towards Porsche continuing to provide 911's with manual transmissions as compared to you being happy they may not in order to make more $ on your R.
You even have a 918, so making extra $ on these Porsches can't keep you up at night lol) I haven't read your previous posts so I don't know if you drive these fine cars you own or keep them in a warehouse.
Anyways, just a comment, not meant to be malicious.
It's just sad so many threads are $$$ when most of us got the Porsche bug before age 12 and appreciate them like no other car.
You obviously haven't read the previous threads. My reply was referring specifically to AC Sato's previous posts. He kept insisting the manual .2 GT3 is not happening, despite many others on RL telling him otherwise, including myself.

Yes, I do drive and track my cars. I appreciate cars like the 911R and Porsche's pursuit of going back to driving purity. In an age of digital electronics, it's refreshing to shift your own gears. I personally don't think the value of the R is going to be directly related to the release of the manual .2 GT3. If the 911R drives anything like what AP is describing, then the R is a keeper and will have its place in history for the modern Porsches, just like the 997.2 GT3RS 4.0.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:52 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,233 Likes on 608 Posts

Guys- the next gen GT3 is not coming out for sale (landing in the states) for a year or more. Lets agree on that. Regardless of trans choices.

Also- only the R will get cool stripes and we all have to deal with it.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:08 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
agree
Old 05-28-2016, 09:40 AM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

You obviously haven't read the previous threads. My reply was referring specifically to AC Sato's previous posts. He kept insisting the manual .2 GT3 is not happening, despite many others on RL telling him otherwise, including myself.

Yes, I do drive and track my cars. I appreciate cars like the 911R and Porsche's pursuit of going back to driving purity. In an age of digital electronics, it's refreshing to shift your own gears. I personally don't think the value of the R is going to be directly related to the release of the manual .2 GT3. If the 911R drives anything like what AP is describing, then the R is a keeper and will have its place in history for the modern Porsches, just like the 997.2 GT3RS 4.0.
Hello, okay, not meant to give offense, just a thought on the $$$ threads and don't mean to group you in there then
Cheers
Old 05-28-2016, 10:21 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

I agree 100%. Two different demographics. One is a limited edition car and the other is mass produced.

And for the nth time, the .2 GT3 will be produced and it will come with the optional 6 speed manual as found on the R.

I had dinner with Mr. Preuninger in NY during the NY Auto Show (my Datsun was on display at the show) and that is exactly what he said. It always fascinates me to read all these "theories" and "rumors" on RL.
Do not question what you know- It will be coming w/Manual
Old 05-28-2016, 11:46 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

He said many things, just 90 days ago
GT3 MT planned ,not a dinner' secret, but maybe not the GT3 itself (at least as we know it today)

Geneva March 2016 TopGear interview

"The future may contain NO GT3"

Andreas Preuninger sees two tribes of Porsche GT buyer: the purists, and the racers.
And while the cars that appeal to each use the same tech, they take it in different directions.

Fit a manual to the GT3 again - as he seemingly plans to - and a blurred line
between the 911 R and GT3 RS exists. “For the far future maybe
it would be worth thinking about an RS and an R,
but NO GT3, because there’d be overlapping,” he
(Andreas) says."

There should be a thread on RL on famous AP sentences

The real point is not what he says or not,
the point is that ANY car manufacter
test MANY alternatives prototypes before production
just look the 2013 991 GT3
it was already road tested with a MT
but only the PDK was given at the end the green light

so no matter what AP says or either tests per se,
only top management make a go no-go
decision on multiple doable ways

or in two words
future is uncertain either if you go dinner with AP

on the backside I see the R as an already tested 2013 991 GT3 MT with some stripes and a (useless) Magnesium roof
but the price increased 40%
juicy isn't it?
You need strong arguments to convince
the bean counters that
a new 991.2 GT3 MT has sense with 30% less margin compared to a 991.2 R

that s why the AP TopGear interview above

Last edited by fxz; 05-29-2016 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:05 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

AP is directed by the financial dept at PAG. He's in a difficult position. Remember, he was the one to quote " flappy paddles are for grandmothers"....well look what happened....where are my dentures dammit!
Old 05-29-2016, 01:33 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,739 Likes on 5,126 Posts

I'm not really sure why people put so much faith in what AP says.

He is as much right as he is wrong. Not so much because he is lying, but because the corporate bean counters change their minds as it befits the corporate bottom line.

Quick Reply: I have a doubt.