Porsche Sport Driving School - Masters Plus late May

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 10:21 AM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ConcreteCowboy
ill be there at that same class then the G force school the day after
Damn, I didn't even check to see when the next G force school was. I might need to sign up for that, too. That's the one I wanted to do in the first place - the masters was just required to get me there. Thanks for the heads up - I'll see you there.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:00 PM
Jgarvish
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm doing the PSDS Master's Plus School December 14-16. Anyone else on here going to this school?
Old 12-07-2016, 01:36 AM
kshu1991
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any one has experience skip the performance course to enroll the master class?

I saw this video about the performance class
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b05I...ature=youtu.be

And I find this video about a $4000 class, master class I assume?

I feel like the performance class is just an expensive novice group track day event. $3200 for a two day track event driving various cars is not bad, but not what I really want.

Last edited by kshu1991; 12-07-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:11 AM
JCtx
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by kshu1991
I feel like the performance class is just an expensive track day event. $3200 for a two day track event driving various cars is not bad, but not what I really want.
I'd have been very disappointed at that pace too. I've done 2 multi-day track events at Spring Mountain and Bondurant. Was thinking of doing the Porsche school instead of the 4-day GP at Bondurant, but I'm having second thoughts now, especially if forced to start with the above one. Track schools want to maximize their money by forcing you to start from the bottom. Bondurant also didn't approve my 3-day Spring Mountain course. Don't want to repeat the basics for the 3rd time. Will call Porsche school and see what they say, but if not, Viper it is sometime in Feb or Mar. Thx.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:13 AM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

These look like great schools, but I have to ask whether they're really worth it relative to spending the same amount on a pile of "regular" DE and open track where you'd get much more seat time. Sure you have Pro level instructors at the Porsche school but I can pretty much guarantee that open track combined with hiring a dedicated pro coach who will dig into the data will ultimately be more worthwhile from a skill-building perspective.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Guys: I might be interested. What are the details? Cost? Cars used? Track time? Classroom, where? etc...

Old 12-07-2016, 11:16 AM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not 100% but I think the instructors do not ride with you either. Do what i am doing buy AIM Solo DL with camera, ask Rennlist group for data and video of your track (lap times faster than yours) and have at it.

a private, qualified coach is good too but at some point i need lots of seat time more than a coach. after 2 racing schools, a few years back i hired Leh Keen (whom i know anyway) for a day at Roebling. was fantastic buuut i cannot emulate his driving style kinda like i cannot emulate the golf swing of Davis Love . need to break through plateaus at my own pace.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:48 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I did their performance school years ago. I think over the 2 days I had the instructor in my car for 1 lap. Really didn't impress me enough to go back. Private instruction is so much more effective.

It's a lot of marketing Porsche products.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:56 AM
sean7a
Intermediate

I participated in an Apex Driving Event at LRP this year and was blown away. About 2x the cost of a normal track day, but.....

Pro coaches looking over your shoulder, in the car, outside the car at most every corner, all day long.
30 min skid pad
Prob 45 min auto x
4 30 min sessions on the track.

Now here's the thing, after each track session there is a debrief with the pros who throw a gopro in each driver's car. I couldn't believe what I learned in those sessions and when the pros were in the car.

Most importantly, those 4 30 min sessions were dead empty runs. There were maybe 4 other guys on track with me. THAT was worth the whole price of admission.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:44 PM
kshu1991
Instructor

Originally Posted by elp_jc
I'd have been very disappointed at that pace too. I've done 2 multi-day track events at Spring Mountain and Bondurant. Was thinking of doing the Porsche school instead of the 4-day GP at Bondurant, but I'm having second thoughts now, especially if forced to start with the above one. Track schools want to maximize their money by forcing you to start from the bottom. Bondurant also didn't approve my 3-day Spring Mountain course. Don't want to repeat the basics for the 3rd time. Will call Porsche school and see what they say, but if not, Viper it is sometime in Feb or Mar. Thx.
What I'm really interested in is the master rs and rsr class porsche offers. One on one coaching with data and video analysis, and driving a GT3 RS hard on track, for three or four days.

The race experience they offer in Europe is more attractive Sadly they don't offer it in the US.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:05 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by kshu1991
The race experience they offer in Europe is more attractive Sadly they don't offer it in the US.
Only thing of interest hence no interest.

Quick Reply: Porsche Sport Driving School - Masters Plus late May