Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incoming UV GT3RS in need of a good home

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 10:18 PM
Mdrnenzo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you are right as I paid way over for my UV.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:23 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 448 Likes on 252 Posts

I don't think rennlist is an accurate indication of market value. At all..

I think the market is a little tougher for highly optioned cars, I'd rather pay a larger premium in a lower msrp car configured the way I want. Which is what I did!

40k is a good deal though...someone will pick it up
Old 05-23-2016, 11:29 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,001 Likes on 2,280 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdrnenzo
I hope you are right as I paid way over for my UV.
I paid a premium for mine as well and I've been tracking prices for months.

Originally Posted by jlee504
I don't think rennlist is an accurate indication of market value. At all..

I think the market is a little tougher for highly optioned cars, I'd rather pay a larger premium in a lower msrp car configured the way I want. Which is what I did!

40k is a good deal though...someone will pick it up
Yeah, I would have bought this car but I wanted steel rotors so I could track mine.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:32 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

I don't know, I ran into people with PCCBs at watkins and loved it. I picked added them, I figure by the time I need to replace the factory set someone will come out with an affordable factory option or I can move to steels then. But people who have used them on track love'em.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:00 AM
Joe T
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of things to clear up...

It is not "my" dealer and they are not in TX. It is a mid-Atlantic dealer that is either buying allocations to resell or magically keeps getting an extra one to sell. They are selling these allocations for $50,000 over MSRP and required a $20,000 non-refundable deposit so I had no intention of doing anything but buying the car.

I have spoken to them about my situation and they are (a) unwilling to allow me to provide a substitute buyer and (b) not interested in refunding my deposit and/or buying the car back.

At $40k over, this is not a negotiation for some of those that have sent me PMs looking to better deal me. Too much hassle, brain damage and money changing hands to mess around with for anything less. My downside is the deposit.

Lastly, I don't know STG but I certainly don't appreciate having my intentions and integrity questioned. Thanks for the sunshine assh@le.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:14 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe T

It is not "my" dealer and they are not in TX. It is a mid-Atlantic dealer that is either buying allocations to resell or magically keeps getting an extra one to sell. They are selling these allocations for $50,000 over MSRP and required a $20,000 non-refundable deposit so I had no intention of doing anything but buying the car.

I have spoken to them about my situation and they are (a) unwilling to allow me to provide a substitute buyer and (b) not interested in refunding my deposit and/or buying the car back.

At $40k over, this is not a negotiation for some of those that have sent me PMs looking to better deal me. Too much hassle, brain damage and money changing hands to mess around with for anything less. My downside is the deposit.

Lastly, I don't know STG but I certainly don't appreciate having my intentions and integrity questioned. Thanks for the sunshine assh@le.
Well, you haven't laid out all the details. Didn't mean to question your integrity. I now question the integrity of the dealer you got mixed up with.

So you're saying that someone has to do the deal directly with you?? Your dealer won't merely let someone "step into" your spot? Who would a potential buyer of this RS be dealing with?

It's actually nighttime genius
Old 05-24-2016, 12:15 AM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I wish I could afford it but out of my budget. Good luck ! Seems like a deal for a UV but it's over option and I like options.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:28 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,654 Likes on 2,325 Posts

had the pleasure racing with joe at RRV. he's legit.
while i was lucky and paid msrp for my RS, i also have many friends who bought above msrp. 40k over if not a bad premium. the reason it has not sold, may simply be a lot of buyers already bought one at or above msrp. i am pretty certain that this car will sell at 35-40 premium no issues.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:41 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
So ..... Your dealer won't give you back 100% of your deposit if you find a buyer?

With the high demand for these cars, can't they find a buyer themselves and let you off the hook and refund your deposit? I mean, how long should it take to move an RS?

How can anyone know what the true negotiated price is?

This seems a little suspect.
He has been a Rennlist member since 2003, and he is a real racer. I do not think there is anything suspicious going on.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:49 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Ok, ok, my apologies to Joe if my comments were somehow interpreted as a judgement on his character. Obviously some guys here know him. Was just curious on the details. Anyway...

I'm sure if it didn't have clear tails, the wart, and the aluminum look gas cap it would be gone. I think those options put it out of reach for some. I like the options personally. Not a UV fan though, but Prince had some great songs.

Hope it all works out for ya Joe!

Last edited by STG; 05-24-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:46 AM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

It is weird how they keep coming up with spots...I just took one..
Old 05-24-2016, 08:20 AM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe T

Good luck with sale Joe. You probably need to stick to racing forum and away from this forum. Way too many guys here confused about what bathroom they should use..... See you at Watkins Glen and NJMP.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:08 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Imo $40k is a good deal, probably the only mass produced NA RS with PDK-S we will see. Next one will be a GT2 RS and a limited edition final 3 RS...
Old 05-24-2016, 09:51 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by carz80am
I think most of the people that were going to pay way over msrp because they had to have the car, already did. I want an rs to actually drive and am only willing to pay 20-30k over msrp if that. And I hate that. Flippers won't buy at this price because there isn't enough room for them to make money. More are coming right now, so the market in 1-2 months will really tell the value of these cars.
Same here....would be in for 20-30K but no more....would like one but in the end I'm happy with the GT3....regardless someone should ****** this up
Old 05-24-2016, 10:08 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,009 Posts

My guess MSRP will come around soon, and they will start producing more allocations. I agree I'm happy with the GT3 for now. ^^

Quick Reply: Incoming UV GT3RS in need of a good home