Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS wheel in my GT3. Win.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 01:15 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I love fondling the carbon paddles on my RS wheel, if you can get one of those thats the way to go
Old 07-05-2019, 01:43 AM
homesauce
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 57 Posts

Looks great! I’ve been contemplating this mod as well, I think the 991.1 steering wheel is the only thing that looks dated on the interior.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:21 AM
AhsanU
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mechanicalrepair

hello all, hoping you can help.

i bought my 991 Gt3 new and six months later did the steering wheel swop to the rs version with a new airbag, alls been great, took it to the dealer for a service and warranty renewal and they are getting a code fault for the steering wheel, it seems they don’t realise I have changed the wheel and just assume it’s a warranty fault, only issue is I wish I put the standard unit on before going in, has anyone had the similar issue? I don’t want them realising it’s an issue with me and I getting the repair bill.

i never noticed any difference with the wheels etc and all plugs fitted fine, can someone tell me if there are electronics other than the paddles in the steering wheel.

many thanks, Carl

I've done the swap and have no issues whatsoever. My local dealership actually did the install so they're obviously familiar with it.. some coding is required to get the airbag to actually work - did you get the coding done?

Quick Reply: GT3 RS wheel in my GT3. Win.