911 R allocations

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 10:34 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,815 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Glad you're out of ICU Martin.

Sorry, but busy hustlin so I can scrape enough pennies together buy my unicorn house and do the renovations. I promise to post more frequently.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:28 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

when you have more than one kid, and you treat one better than the others, what message are you sending your kids? When you bring cupcakes to school for birthday, you bring enough for everyone right? (I'm adding peanut oil to cucpcakes!) so what does it mean when you treat some customers better than others and don't make enough for everybody?
Old 04-12-2016, 08:14 AM
vtgt
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
I expect to see US based allocations going for $600k or more.

Again, this is the environment PAG and PCNA have created.

As much as we don't like the bait and switch and general marketing tactics overall I believe it's great for the brand. People are just excited about the older Porsches as much as the newer special edition ones. Not everyone is happy but you can never fix that.

Hopefully this will continue to help Porsche build special cars and special trims and one day each of us has the opportunity to at least own one of them. I will bet they will trickle down some of these features in the near future with the purist driver starts raising there hand and coming to the front of the line as opposed to just being the weird kid in the corner, as much as most purists are like that kid Porsche needs to appeal to everyone and mass market so they can still make these special editions that we all love
Old 04-12-2016, 08:27 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 423 Likes on 251 Posts

I think 600k on paper but who really will pay that ?
Old 04-12-2016, 09:56 AM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vtgt
As much as we don't like the bait and switch and general marketing tactics overall I believe it's great for the brand. People are just excited about the older Porsches as much as the newer special edition ones. Not everyone is happy but you can never fix that.

Hopefully this will continue to help Porsche build special cars and special trims and one day each of us has the opportunity to at least own one of them. I will bet they will trickle down some of these features in the near future with the purist driver starts raising there hand and coming to the front of the line as opposed to just being the weird kid in the corner, as much as most purists are like that kid Porsche needs to appeal to everyone and mass market so they can still make these special editions that we all love
Dude. Put down the cool-aide.
People are disappointed with what is happening here.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:05 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by vtgt

building more cars would make everybody happy, the premiums, flipping scalping and gouging doesnt help Porsche at all it only pisses off long term customers who keep their old cars or consider the Mac, R8, AMG GT, Ferrari etc when they might not of otherwise
Old 04-12-2016, 01:06 PM
djub
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 911 R

Have all allocations already been allotted to dealers in the US or will there be another round?
Old 04-12-2016, 01:33 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 392 Likes on 218 Posts

911r is done
Old 04-12-2016, 01:39 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djub
Have all allocations already been allotted to dealers in the US or will there be another round?
There were only 7 I think that weren't for 918 owners so yeah... there isn't going to be another round lol
Old 04-12-2016, 10:53 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Allocations are allotted but I'm sure there are people who want to flip a car - many of them dealers. I was already pm'd by someone who seemed to be offering me his 911r allocation. So if you really want the car, then I'm sure there are a few cars in "play" for you.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:03 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
Allocations are allotted but I'm sure there are people who want to flip a car - many of them dealers. I was already pm'd by someone who seemed to be offering me his 911r allocation. So if you really want the car, then I'm sure there are a few cars in "play" for you.
Indeed.

But, sadly, at $750k, there are many other cars I'd rather have... Heck, that I'd rather have two of.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:26 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 874 Likes on 385 Posts

Does anyone know the true market value of a 911R allocation? I know there has been a lot of rumors, anywhere between 150-250k over sticker on an allocation, but as far as I know, these are just "talks".
Old 04-13-2016, 04:12 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

^ i can tell you with certainly that if you want $150 over, it will be sold in 5 min.
at 200+ may be sold in a week or so.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:59 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,815 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Does anyone know the true market value of a 911R allocation? I know there has been a lot of rumors, anywhere between 150-250k over sticker on an allocation, but as far as I know, these are just "talks".
The brokers that I've been working with tell me the number is $200k over currently.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:00 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Well for me the offer of an allocation was implied in an unsolicited PM from someone in my area. I don't even know the person, and I always think that half the members of any forum like this are fake/shills so I didn't touch it because frankly a car like that would be stretch for me at 200k, and I don't like dealing in the shadows/spec-market if you know what I mean, anyway, if I'm going to stretch for a car, then I'd more likely do it for the F455 Spyder for 300k.

Quick Reply: 911 R allocations