Sponsored by:

Configuring 911R PCM delete question

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 11:57 PM
HassaanAbdeen
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Configuring 911R PCM delete question

If one orders the 911R without PCM, would it come with speakers and Aux or USB for music?

TIA
Old 03-08-2016, 12:56 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

on other models no PCM just has small screen FM+AM+CD, with a 3.5mm aux in the console.

PCM refers to the management system behind it.. without it. u get like 2+2 speakers, a ****ty amp and above (my 2010 GT3 had it)
Old 03-08-2016, 02:39 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't see this post and asked in another thread, but would the bluetooth phone function (not audio) work still?
Old 03-08-2016, 03:23 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,720 Likes on 943 Posts

OP... are you asking PCM delete or Radio delete? If radio delete, Porsche typically does not have speakers/aux/usb/or bluetooth function. It's a true delete.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Awdnut
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 29 Posts

I thought if PCM delete then this
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2016, 08:00 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's the official description for the add back PCM ($0) option on the R:

Includes:
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Central information and communication system with high-resolution 7-inch color TFT display (touchscreen) including radio with RDS double-tuner and single CD/DVD drive with audio playback of MP3 music and audio/video DVDs. Storage and playback of up to 5,000 MP3 files on internal 40 GB hard drive.

Navigation Module
Hard drive containing 3D map display and 3D navigation map supporting city and terrain models with satellite image overlay, dynamic route calculation (TMC), advanced dynamic route guidance based on various traffic flow data, automatic route tracing and subsequent reverse route navigation. Navigation by compass and GPS in regions not covered by map data.

Universal Audio Interface
Connection for AUX-IN, USB, iPod® audio sources. Operated through external device or PCM (depending on device and connection used). The system also supports the display of cover art and playback of podcasts and audio books.
To my understanding, PCM = radio in this case.

As for whether PCM delete means all speakers are removed, I believe this is not the case. As AC said, some speaker components are still retained to sound warnings, alarms, etc.

I've read that combined A/C plus PCM delete is about a 20 kg weight savings; and I've read elsewhere that A/C is a 7 kg option. By way of some fairly complex mathematical calculations, I've been able to work out that PCM delete represents about 13 kg of weight fwiw.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:53 PM
wtdoom
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lessthan3mph
Here's the official description for the add back PCM ($0) option on the R:

To my understanding, PCM = radio in this case.

As for whether PCM delete means all speakers are removed, I believe this is not the case. As AC said, some speaker components are still retained to sound warnings, alarms, etc.

I've read that combined A/C plus PCM delete is about a 20 kg weight savings; and I've read elsewhere that A/C is a 7 kg option. By way of some fairly complex mathematical calculations, I've been able to work out that PCM delete represents about 13 kg of weight fwiw.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:01 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

plus there needs to be a way to pipe engine 'music' into the cabin when you put your foot down
Old 03-09-2016, 09:13 PM
robertmzadeh
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just took del. of my 991gt3rs with radio delete last month. It has no speakers in the door or anywhere else in the car as I've looked into the covers of the speakers with a flashlight and nothing but wires in the space were speaker would be. There must be little speaker somewhere for chimes for doors etc... somewhere in the car. I also took a look in the glove box for any connectivity and nothing there either. So to round up in a RS 2016 radio delete deletes everything PCM Navigation, Radio etc....
Old 03-09-2016, 11:23 PM
HassaanAbdeen
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you gentlemen... much appreciated.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:24 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by robertmzadeh
i just took del. of my 991gt3rs with radio delete last month. It has no speakers in the door or anywhere else in the car as I've looked into the covers of the speakers with a flashlight and nothing but wires in the space were speaker would be. There must be little speaker somewhere for chimes for doors etc... somewhere in the car. I also took a look in the glove box for any connectivity and nothing there either. So to round up in a RS 2016 radio delete deletes everything PCM Navigation, Radio etc....
So no speakers, then no bluetooth phone...correct?
Old 03-15-2016, 04:15 PM
robertmzadeh
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

correct !
Old 03-15-2016, 06:25 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by robertmzadeh
Well done.

Quick Reply: Configuring 911R PCM delete question