Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track/Street Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016 | 03:54 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Default Track/Street Alignment

Digging through OrthoJoe's epic thread, it looks like the general recommendation is about -2.7f and -2.4r camber with 0 toe -front and 4mm (stock) toe-in rear?

I'll be running MPSC2s (probably). I've noticed several comments on various threads about how camber doesn't help with grip, only tire wear. This is not my experience with hoosiers and slicks (albeit on older platforms). Is there some sort of dynamic with the tire that works better with less negative camber (varying compounds or something)? This is a weird recommendation to me based on experience.

I don't want to overdo negative camber, but I've always found that I wear out the tire on the track way before the inside of the tire on the street. Thoughts?

Has anyone tried the Dunlop sport Maxx? I had them on an e90 M3, they were loud but pretty sticky (and wore well).

Lastly, should I go one notch stiffer on rear bar to dial out understeer (currently stock) or one notch stiff rear and one notch softer front? I much prefer a car that will rotate, but I don't want totally insane.

I've got 20 years on track, DE and racing. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Track/Street Alignment