Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 GT3 Spied

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016 | 02:38 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Zero chance of mortals getting an 991R. VIPs will buy them all up and the ones that aren't bubble wrapped will be flipped for $100k+ over MSRP.
Even 918 owners aren't guaranteed to get one! I was speaking to a 918 owner and he's 4th on the list at his dealership. 3 other 918 owners in front of him, and the dealership thinks they'll be lucky to get 2-3.
Old 02-09-2016 | 03:40 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neanicu
That is definitely not happening IMO! It is simply too early.

Once again I need to reiterate that Porsche has never released 2 special models at the same time because :
1) They do not want one car to take the attention from the other and vice versa.
2) They want to be in the automotive press's attention at all times against competitors...and the only way to do that is through special models released at high profile auto shows in addition to regular models.
I agree. I expect we will see debuts of the 718 Cayman and next Panamera ahead of the 991.2 GT3...

That said, both the GT4 and GT3RS debuted at Geneva last year.
Old 02-09-2016 | 05:26 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
I agree. I expect we will see debuts of the 718 Cayman and next Panamera ahead of the 991.2 GT3... That said, both the GT4 and GT3RS debuted at Geneva last year.
I suspect that happened simply because the RS was delayed by 6 months due to the engine issues in the GT3.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...nally-revealed
Old 02-09-2016 | 06:23 PM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

This GT3 model was at the Nuremberg International Toy Show held last month. Looks like a tuned GT3 or is that the 911 R ????

Old 02-09-2016 | 06:25 PM
fxz
Race Car

From: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Whichever was the reason
you can t be virgin two times
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mclarenmaniac
This GT3 model was at the Nuremberg International Toy Show held last month. Looks like a tuned GT3 or is that the 911 R ????
That is a RUF RTR.
Metzeger
Pro

Originally Posted by mclarenmaniac

It's a RUF
Old 02-09-2016 | 06:26 PM
fxz
Race Car

From: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

[QUOTE=mclarenmaniac;13001998]This GT3 model was at the Nuremberg International Toy Show held last month. Looks like a tuned GT3 ]

It s a Ruf
Old 02-09-2016 | 06:32 PM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Got it.. 525hp and 369 lb-ft RTR !
Old 02-09-2016 | 08:37 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by est8esq
Gentlemen-

I feel manual is so overrated. Not to stir up a litany of OLD comments, but I hope the manual stays relegated to history books.

I'm sure people miss the old two gear glide transmissions in '50's old cars as well as acrobatic "tail draggers" as VFR only airplanes in the same time period? But, GT3 cutting edge technology won't ever see manual ever again.:bang head:

I thought I'd keep this RS we had, but chances are it's being traded for the new GT3 coming up, whenever it is. Give me faster, safer, better technology and I'll take it all day long.
What kind of trans is that Viper in your avatar sporting?

Originally Posted by mooty
i want turbo pdk 9 speed AWD monster with 5 min ring time.
screw NA.
I want a GT3R. Sadly I think we'll both have to wait a bit to get satisfaction....
Attached Images  

Last edited by Nizer; 02-10-2016 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-09-2016 | 11:00 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Zero chance of mortals getting an 991R. VIPs will buy them all up and the ones that aren't bubble wrapped will be flipped for $100k+ over MSRP.
Sooooo.... then tell me why this car (911R) is even relevant to us mere mortals?. Its a car that will wind up in the uber rich man's collection and never see the light of day or a real enthusiast owner.

While interesting to a degree as a car guy its really of no real interest to me and certainly not worth getting all worked up over and crazy over all the nitty gritty details over whether the spoiler is this large or the venting is two openings rather than three etc.... Its really irrelevant. Why should someone cares if its unobtainable by that person and why would you care? I don't. PAG should just email all the 918 guys the details. No need for anyone else to know. Seriously.

My interest is in what Porsche is going to make that's obtainable by me and the "average enthusiast". You know the guys willing to pay MSRP for an RS or a GT3 and have orders/purchase orders in an deposits. Silly concept I guess. Silly me.

My interest is in the new GT3 and the new RS which is more obtainable and reality. Crazy, I know.

Perhaps my sentiments are heresy but that's how I see it. To me PAG making special cars only the "special people" can obtain and telling others all about it and what these guys are getting is getting kinda old.
Old 02-09-2016 | 11:32 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by Waxer
Sooooo.... then tell me why this car (911R) is even relevant to us mere mortals?. Its a car that will wind up in the uber rich man's collection and never see the light of day or a real enthusiast owner. While interesting to a degree as a car guy its really of no real interest to me and certainly not worth getting all worked up over and crazy over all the nitty gritty details over whether the spoiler is this large or the venting is two openings rather than three etc.... Its really irrelevant. Why should someone cares if its unobtainable by that person and why would you care? I don't. PAG should just email all the 918 guys the details. No need for anyone else to know. Seriously. My interest is in what Porsche is going to make that's obtainable by me and the "average enthusiast". You know the guys willing to pay MSRP for an RS or a GT3 and have orders/purchase orders in an deposits. Silly concept I guess. Silly me. My interest is in the new GT3 and the new RS which is more obtainable and reality. Crazy, I know. Perhaps my sentiments are heresy but that's how I see it. To me PAG making special cars only the "special people" can obtain and telling others all about it and what these guys are getting is getting kinda old.
Great point!

No reason to show the car in Geneva if it's already sold out to 600buyers. Just send the wire instructions to those that have been asked and accepted to buy.
Old 02-10-2016 | 12:33 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Great point! No reason to show the car in Geneva if it's already sold out to 600buyers. Just send the wire instructions to those that have been asked and accepted to buy.
Marketing.
Old 02-10-2016 | 12:57 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Did anyone else notice: the photos posted of the mule car in the snowy conditions and on dry roads... are actually two different cars?!! Yeah, for all my staring at the photos yesterday, I only noticed just now! Time to get my eyes checked!!

One of them (dry roads) has no model designation on the back; the one in the snow has "GT3."

The dry road car has what look like PCCBs; the snowy car has steels (at least that's what it looks like to me). Both have blacked out calipers (why??? many other 911 mules have had standard colour-coded calipers--although it looks like the recent panny mule also had black calipers--maybe a meaningless observation of a new "thing" for mules???). This is making me rethink my guess that this might be the R. Why would they test both kinds of brakes (if they are indeed two different rotors)? I would have assumed the R would just get PCCB for lightness, especially if it isn't really a track-focussed car. ?????

Old 02-10-2016 | 02:41 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I think they just use what mules they have available PCCB fitted or steel, depends what they are testing.

The 911R is completed. Some have seen the brochure already under NDA. The facts are known to a few 918 owners on here already.

The wheels look skinny because it's onlynlegal to run winter tyres in Germany right now (winter!). The largest rear winter tyre available for GT3 is 295 IIRC. Also the winter wheels that fit that tyre are Turbo and have a different offset.

Black calipers were used on most of the early 991.1 GT3 mules. Id say these are old impulse from the first generation testing program. There were some in the hoist of a recent photo shoot with Brendan Hartly taking about the RS at APs workshop.

The more I think about it this is a mule testing a new front bumper arrangement and nothing else can be concluded. Could be for facelift 9.2 or upcoming GT3RS or even a variant Of RS yet unknown...

Quick Reply: 2017 GT3 Spied