Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What exhaust config are the big boys running? (Cup, RSR, R)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 07:58 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
They can run whichever sysyem they want are you planning to remove the cats?
Although these are mostly 997 parts they seem interchangeable, because the side mufflers are 991 parts and its just a bolt on. The rear center muffler and headers look identical to the 991 counter parts.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:55 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 427 Likes on 254 Posts

CUP parts
not sure of R and RSR
Old 02-07-2016, 12:31 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
they do run in IMSA. GTE cars (RSR) in europe or WEC have different regs.

FWIW a factory level RSR car is around $1,000,000 so they can afford to swap exhausts and re-flash their ECU to go to LeMans if need be.
Got it. Thank you.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:34 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fxz
They can run whichever sysyem they want

are you planning to remove the cats?
I'm currently working with Fabspeed on a few different configurations.

We are trying long tubes, standard length headers, with cats, without cats, side bypass pipes for sure and then either factory center, Fabspeed mini Maxflos or rear bypass.

All of these variables make for a few different configs. We are going after max power, race car sound... BUT... Passable for tracks with sound DB rules.

Last edited by inactiveuser7616; 02-07-2016 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3
I'm currently working with Fabspeed on a few different configurations. We are trying long tubes, standard length headers, with cats, without cats, side bypass pipes for sure and then either factory center, Fabspeed mini Maxflos or rear bypass. All of these variables make for a few different configs. We are going after max power, race car sound... BUT... Passable for tracks with tough sound DB rules.
Phil. That work has already been done by Charles Dunson. If you see wanting max torque and power then go check out his thread. There are 3-4 Rennlisters soon to receive their system so first hand feed back is not far away...
Old 02-07-2016, 11:09 PM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jamie_GT3
Phil, please give us a call or email. We have all of this done, with high quality materials, perfect fitment and as loud as you want. If you do straight pipes and no cats you'll blow 105db plus so won't make it for sound restricted tracks. If you want street drivable and loud when you want, our headers, flapped side connectors and stock center is the way to go.

Let us know how we can help...
Thanks Jamie.

I appreciate what you've done and your approach. However, I'm already started and committed to working with the folks at Fabspeed. They are 20 minutes away and they've earned my trust and respect. We are starting fresh and working on some new things with my car. I believe with some work, we'll get to what I'm after.

Thanks again. And beautiful headers BTW! If I wasn't already working with Fabspeed, I'd certainly be on board with you! Best of luck!

Quick Reply: What exhaust config are the big boys running? (Cup, RSR, R)