Sponsored by:

APR Performance Porsche 991 GT3 Spec Carbon Wing

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 01:20 PM
speeddistrict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeGt3
Looks sick. Have u tracked it yet? How does it feel? And shock us with the price while u at it

Vorsteiner just realised this..

http://gtspirit.com/2016/02/05/vorst...g-porsche-911/
Yes, I didn't get to do a full track day since my wheel got damaged on a curb at buttonwillow. My replacement should be here next week, hitting the track on Feb 21!

It felt great though, Rear grip is insane even with 19" upfront and 20" stock wheels with dead tires, price is not to shocking at all lol.

2695$ - went on with 4 screws. I was originally going to just put it on for track events but I ended up liking how aggressive the wing looks. It goes with the whole car. It just needs some white to make it look a little more factory... Off to the drawing board!!

Edit: Vorsteiner is coming out with a wing for the 991 GT3 ( that link is for non GT3 - the owner of Vorsteiner is in a Facebook group of mine, he keeps us updated!)
Old 02-06-2016, 01:22 PM
speeddistrict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Road Racin
Winglets in wheel color look like this (my car)
Nice!! I remember your car from the Targa/GMG meet.

Come out to Buttonwillow on Feb 21 if you can. Would love to have more GT3 owners to speak/compare to!

Josh
Old 02-06-2016, 02:28 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by speeddistrict
It was $2695 - Also was wind tunnel tested, not just something someone threw together and put on the market. I think I was the first one with the wing (I'm very impatient) so I am sure they will upload all that information to their website, if not it is in my email if I can figure out a way to post it on RL

Cheers.

Thanks for the information. Improved Wings really help the GT3.
Everyone I've met who has purchased a Crawford Wing Kit has been delighted with it.

Last edited by FastLaneTurbo; 02-06-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts

What is the breakdown cost of the cup wing if purchased separately:
decklid
uprights
wing
Old 02-06-2016, 10:30 PM
CYKBC
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

That thing rivals the wing span of a Boeing 787 ready to take off! Looks like the front could use a bit of balancing out? Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:20 AM
speeddistrict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
Thanks for the information. Improved Wings really help the GT3.
Everyone I've met who has purchased a Crawford Wing Kit has been delighted with it.
LOL, are you sponsored by Crawford or something? You came in my thread twice trying so hard to direct people to your Crawford thread.

Those brake lights look like ***, and street legal? I really don't recall the RS having lights on it but if they don't, I'll live..

Relax bro, we get it. You like Crawford wings. Say it a few more times, make a few more threads while you are at in.

#FanBoyAlert

Jeez.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:01 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

LOL, are you sponsored by Crawford or something? You came in my thread twice trying so hard to direct people to your Crawford thread.

Those brake lights look like ***, and street legal? I really don't recall the RS having lights on it but if they don't, I'll live..

Relax bro, we get it. You like Crawford wings. Say it a few more times, make a few more threads while you are at in.

#FanBoyAlert

Jeez.

Wing looks awesome. Really interested to see if it really generates downforce. Are you considering more downforce up front?
Old 02-07-2016, 01:38 AM
MoeGt3
Racer

Yes, I didn't get to do a full track day since my wheel got damaged on a curb at buttonwillow. My replacement should be here next week, hitting the track on Feb 21!

It felt great though, Rear grip is insane even with 19" upfront and 20" stock wheels with dead tires, price is not to shocking at all lol.

2695$ - went on with 4 screws. I was originally going to just put it on for track events but I ended up liking how aggressive the wing looks. It goes with the whole car. It just needs some white to make it look a little more factory... Off to the drawing board!!

Edit: Vorsteiner is coming out with a wing for the 991 GT3 ( that link is for non GT3 - the owner of Vorsteiner is in a Facebook group of mine, he keeps us updated!)
Give us your feedback once your all good to really push the car. Are you gonna do something about the wing uprights. If that matches the body colour
Old 02-07-2016, 02:44 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

#FanBoyAlert

Jeez.

Dude,
Chill. Vorsteiner has been mentioned twice too (once by you). I know you will like the added downforce. Looks great too!

Last edited by MileHigh911; 02-08-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:51 AM
speeddistrict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest

Wing looks awesome. Really interested to see if it really generates downforce. Are you considering more downforce up front?
Thank you, I don't think I need it as of now. I will get back with more findings.

Originally Posted by MoeGt3
Give us your feedback once your all good to really push the car. Are you gonna do something about the wing uprights. If that matches the body colour
Yes, Looking to do it this week.

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
Dude,
Chill. Vorsteher has been mentioned twice too (once by you). I know you will like the added downforce. Looks great too!
Sorry if I came off not chill.. I'm totally chill.. I only come on the forum for laughs and find out about current events.

Not the kind of guy for drama, just dont like people knocking on someone else who is in the same field. There is enough for everyone to eat. Everyone can go with whatever choice they want. I know these guys have been around for years, they do all the testing, they shouldn't be knocked for it since you are fan boy. That's all..

I have no dog in this fight lol.. I wish all carbon fiber companies the best. I'm just a consumer like you, I pay for the same parts lol.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:53 AM
speeddistrict
Rennlist Member

Here was the downforce that people were asking about.

Cheers

Josh
Attached Images  
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
new GTC-500 CFD data (1).pdf (587.8 KB, 286 views)
Old 02-08-2016, 01:55 AM
inactiveuser7616
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry if I came off not chill.. I'm totally chill.. I only come on the forum for laughs and find out about current events.

Not the kind of guy for drama, just dont like people knocking on someone else who is in the same field. There is enough for everyone to eat. Everyone can go with whatever choice they want. I know these guys have been around for years, they do all the testing, they shouldn't be knocked for it since you are fan boy. That's all..

I have no dog in this fight lol.. I wish all carbon fiber companies the best. I'm just a consumer like you, I pay for the same parts lol.
+1
Old 02-24-2016, 04:39 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Racin
Winglets in wheel color look like this (my car)
This is the proper way to do it.....Porsche has tested this thoroughly as these are OEM Cup parts.

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 02-25-2016, 12:24 AM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 552 Likes on 317 Posts

Car looks great Josh!!!

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 02-25-2016, 11:49 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,400 Likes on 822 Posts

Looking good Josh!!

Need to come out to the next Speed District event and see it in action!!

WOOT!!!

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Quick Reply: APR Performance Porsche 991 GT3 Spec Carbon Wing